Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Carolina republicans get election advantage by violating the Constitution

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • North Carolina republicans get election advantage by violating the Constitution

    I saw the other thread in which conservatives were trying to present themselves as victims of illegal voting in North Carolina (based on 19 cases of illegal voting), so I decided to start this thread to show the real truth about the real victims of hacks who shamelessly violate the Constitution.

    https://www.npr.org/2018/09/05/64476...er-court-rules


    North Carolina Can Use Gerrymandered Map In November, Court Rules



    Judges in North Carolina on Tuesday said that despite declaring the state's electoral map to be unconstitutionally gerrymandered for partisan reasons, there wasn't enough time for the map to be redrawn before midterm elections in November.

    "We further find that imposing a new schedule for North Carolina's congressional elections would, at this late juncture, unduly interfere with the State's electoral machinery and likely confuse voters and depress turnout," Judges James Wynn Jr., William Osteen Jr. and W. Earl Britt wrote in their order Tuesday.


    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

  • #2
    Edit: After I posted this comment I noticed that ironically, this thread is right next to the other one talking about North Carolina. Apparently, people who ignore this thread and the illegal gerrymandering in North Carolina are talking there about the 19 cases of illegal voting. In other words, they see the 19 trees and ignore the forest...
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

    Comment


    • #3
      How exactly are the state's districts gerrymandered? That really hasn't been discussed.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        How exactly are the state's districts gerrymandered? That really hasn't been discussed.
        Follow the link of the court decision

        https://www.commoncause.org/wp-conte...NC-Opinion.pdf

        READ (okay browse it) BEFORE we start talking about it!



        .



        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

        Comment


        • #5
          page 11 starts with an open admission of the objective by republicans

          According to RSLC, REDMAP sought to elect Republican candidates to state legislatures so that Republicans would control such legislatures’ redistricting efforts and thereby “solidify conservative policymaking at the state level and maintain a Republican stronghold in the U.S. House of Representatives for the next decade.” Id. at ¶ 10. With regard to North Carolina, in particular, REDMAP sought to “[s]trengthen Republican redistricting power by flipping [state legislative] chambers from Democrat to Republican control.” Ex. 2020.

          When one makes a comment about solidifying power for the next decade, it is obvious that he is admitting that he wants to do it through the redistrict process (which lasts for a decade).
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

          Comment


          • #6
            Page 7

            That is precisely what the Republican-controlled North Carolina General Assembly sought to do here
            The General Assembly expressly directed the legislators and consultant responsible for drawing the 2016 Plan to rely on “political data”—that is, past election results specifying whether, and to what extent, particular voting precincts had favored Republican or Democratic candidates, and therefore were likely to do so in the future—to draw a districting plan that would ensure Republican candidates would prevail in the vast majority of the State’s congressional districts, and would continue to do so in future elections. Ex. 1007.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

            Comment


            • #7
              page 210

              To achieve the goal of concentrating Democratic voters in District 1, the 2016 Plan divides municipalities and communities of interest along partisan lines. For example, the southwestern edge of District 1 splits Wilson County by packing the county’s large cluster of historically Democratic precincts into District 1, while placing the county’s historically Republican precincts into District 2. Ex. 4015. Similarly, the southern edge of District 1 splits Pitt County by placing that county’s disproportionately Democratic precincts into District 1 while placing the disproportionately Republican precincts into District 3. Ex. 4013





              Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 2.13.35 AM.png


              Figure 2: The partisan division of Wilson County between Districts 1 and 246


              Dr. Hofeller created several alternative maps that did not split either Wilson or Pitt County. Ex. 2004, at 17–18. Not a single map drawn by the bipartisan group of retired judges split either Wilson or Pitt County. Ex. 5095. And Plan 2-297 does not divide Wilson County at all and does not divide Pitt County along partisan lines. Compare Third Chen Decl. 1–3, with Ex. 4013. Unsurprisingly, therefore, District 1’s counterpart in Plan 2-297, District 12, packs fewer Democratic voters, with the Democratic candidate expected to obtain approximately 59 percent of the two-party vote, Second Chen Decl. at 5, as opposed to 68 percent of vote garnered by the Democratic candidate in District 1 in the 2016 election, Ex. 1018, at 2.


              Plaintiffs’ statistical evidence further proves that District 1’s unique partisan configuration was not mere happenstance. Instead, the data demonstrate that Democratic voters in District 1 were, in fact, packed together in order to dilute such voters’ voting strength. In particular, Dr. Mattingly’s analysis of more than 24,000 simulated maps— which conform to all of the General Assembly’s non-partisan districting objectives— reveals that the 2016 version of District 1 is an extreme statistical outlier with regard to its concentration of Democratic voters. Ex. 3040, at 30. In particular, only 0.61 percent of the 24,000 simulated maps had any district with a higher concentration of likely Democratic voters.


              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

              Comment


              • #8
                Partisan voting districts exist in most states. So what's special about N. Carolina's?

                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cook_P...n_Voting_Index

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  Partisan voting districts exist in most states. So what's special about N. Carolina's?

                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cook_P...n_Voting_Index
                  There is a court decision that it is unconstitutional.
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pamak View Post

                    There is a court decision that it is unconstitutional.
                    Huh?

                    The Cook Voting Index shows the imbalance in particular voting districts within various states. All states try to set up "safe" districts for Republicans and Democrats to the extent they can legally get away with it. Is that right or fair? No. But, that's how it's done.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                      Huh?

                      The Cook Voting Index shows the imbalance in particular voting districts within various states. All states try to set up "safe" districts for Republicans and Democrats to the extent they can legally get away with it. Is that right or fair? No. But, that's how it's done.
                      If you actually read the opinion and the background you will see that the courts intervene when they see an excessive attempt to gerrymander districts at the expense of political opponents (for racial gerrymandering the bar for a legal intervention is set lower) . The opinion also addresses how they measure such "excessive attempts" The paragraphs I posted above give some information about this excessive gerrymandering. One example"

                      only 0.61 percent of the 24,000 simulated maps had any district with a higher concentration of likely Democratic voters.
                      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        And the Democrats are doing the same in California, Illinois,etc..Of course,that's irrelevant for Pamak ,it would only disturb him in his anti GOP witch hunt.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                          And the Democrats are doing the same in California, Illinois,etc..Of course,that's irrelevant for Pamak ,it would only disturb him in his anti GOP witch hunt.
                          Nope!

                          NC presents one of the most extreme cases of partisan gerrymandering.


                          Not to mention that unlike North Carolina (which uses a partisan state legislature) , California has an independent committee that is responsible for drawing the map district.

                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califo...ing_Commission

                          The California Citizens Redistricting Commission is the redistricting organization for the state of California. It is responsible for determining the boundaries for the Senate, Assembly, and Board of Equalization districts in the state. The 14-member commission consists of five Democrats, five Republicans, and four commissioners from neither major party. The commission was authorized following the passage of California Proposition 11, the Voters First Act, by voters in November 2008.[1] The commissioners were selected in November and December 2010 and were required to complete the new maps by August 15, 2011.[2]

                          Following the 2010 passage of California Proposition 20, the Voters First Act for Congress, the Commission was also assigned the responsibility of redrawing the state's U.S. congressional district boundaries in response to the congressional apportionment necessitated by the 2010 United States Census. The Commission has faced opposition from politicians because "many safe seats in the Legislature could suddenly become competitive."[3]

                          In other words, despite what people think, we are more ethical than the republicans in NC...
                          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Gerrymandering is technically illegal, but regular redistricting to ensure the proper breakdown of a state's population is required by the Constitution.

                            Interestingly, gerrymandering is not prohibited by the Constitution, but rather by the Voter Rights Act of 1965.

                            So there is no violation of the Constitution.

                            And since in the USA a person is innocent until a verdict is rendered in a court of record, no one has done anything wrong.

                            This thread is now complete.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by pamak View Post

                              Nope!

                              NC presents one of the most extreme cases of partisan gerrymandering.


                              Not to mention that unlike North Carolina (which uses a partisan state legislature) , California has an independent committee that is responsible for drawing the map district.

                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califo...ing_Commission

                              The California Citizens Redistricting Commission is the redistricting organization for the state of California. It is responsible for determining the boundaries for the Senate, Assembly, and Board of Equalization districts in the state. The 14-member commission consists of five Democrats, five Republicans, and four commissioners from neither major party. The commission was authorized following the passage of California Proposition 11, the Voters First Act, by voters in November 2008.[1] The commissioners were selected in November and December 2010 and were required to complete the new maps by August 15, 2011.[2]

                              Following the 2010 passage of California Proposition 20, the Voters First Act for Congress, the Commission was also assigned the responsibility of redrawing the state's U.S. congressional district boundaries in response to the congressional apportionment necessitated by the 2010 United States Census. The Commission has faced opposition from politicians because "many safe seats in the Legislature could suddenly become competitive."[3]

                              In other words, despite what people think, we are more ethical than the republicans in NC...
                              At last,"'we "" :Pamak confessed publicly to belong to the party of Hillary,Soros, and other such ethical persons .

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X