X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter Has Now Permanently Banned Alex Jones

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...cid=spartandhp

Yet, Facebook allows a misandrogynous, radical feminist, radical environmentalist group that advocates violence as a means to their ends, bans men and even transsexuals from their organization, and publishes material that borders on terrorist to remain.

https://www.facebook.com/deepgreenresistance

That's just one of hundreds of radical Leftist, Progressive sites on Facebook that to one degree or another use that social media site to plan and act out violent protests, terrorist acts, discuss racism, hatred, racism, or other proscribed things. AND FACEBOOK'S STAFF DOES NOTHING TO STOP THEM.

I'm no fan of Alex Jones. I've stated that before. I think much of what he puts up is total crap. But, I support his right to post up crap so long as it meets a site's terms of service. The Left faces no similar standard being applied to them.

Note below:

I decided to start studying up on Leftist hate groups since the SPLC puts out a one-sided list of far Right hate groups. Man, the Left is overrun with them. I have pages and pages of these groups now. In fact, it's stunning. When I find one and start digging I find a half dozen more they're connected to I didn't know about. The Left is just a massive festering carbuncle of hate groups.

Comment

Hmm how about ACG follows suit and perna-bans the trolls here. Especially those who spam fabricated political articles day after day? Straw poll guys and gals. What do you think?
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        Right, say something you don't like and ban them, how would you like it if you were banned, like for instance by this forum for something that you said that people didn't like, " Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish"
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I thought McCarthyism was a bad thing that the media was strictly opposed to.
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
            I thought McCarthyism was a bad thing that the media was strictly opposed to.
            Only when it's directed at them or people they like. Otherwise, it's perfectly acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
              Hmm how about ACG follows suit and perna-bans the trolls here. Especially those who spam fabricated political articles day after day? Straw poll guys and gals. What do you think?
              Actually Bwaha makes a good point.

Hypothesis: Would the majority of the members here think that Messina is to ACG what Alex Jones is to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc?

Therefore should we ban Massena just for the "crime" of promoting anti-Trump conspiracy theories?
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Hypothesis: Would the majority of the members here think that Messina is to ACG what Alex Jones is to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc?

Therefore should we ban Massena just for the "crime" of promoting anti-Trump conspiracy theories?
                If he is the equivalent, fine. There's no reason to ban him for it any more than Pamak, or anyone else. They have a right to their views and I have a right to ignore them or counter their posts as I choose. That's what free speech and debate is all about.

You have this California billionaire is spending big to buy his way to his view of things.

He's pushing a proposition (Prop 127) in Arizona to force the state to adopt 50% solar and wind. He's called Trump "Hitler" and doubled down on that.

Facebook hasn't banned him for this sort of crappola.

https://www.facebook.com/officialtomsteyer

But, Alex Jones... He gets kicked to the curb for his nutter views.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Have the rules changed or do we apply them in a different way when it is about Massena?
                  Since you apparently want to talk in public about what other people think of Massena's similarity to the controversial Alex Jones , let's also add to the discussion people like

Ljadw who constantly spreads insane conspiracy theories about the Deep State and Soros

or

Rimmer who does not have a problem to make controversial posts against gays in which he laughs with the feloniescommitted by friends of his family against gays

or

101combat veteran who constantly trolls and never contributes anything to any conversation nor does he post sources or links related to the topic of the thread

or

Hide Akechi who does the same thing

or

Gixxer who openly admits his bigotry when he argues that Muslim American citizens should not be protected by the First Amendment

or

Walle who openly makes racist posts talking about how smarter and more "beautiful" whites are compared to blacks as a result of their biological characteristics of the "white" race

Last edited by pamak; 07 Sep 18, 01:48.
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Twitter is a private company, whom they choose to allow to use their websites is their business. It is not a free speech issue, no one is seeking to close Alex Jones's own website.

Further Twitter and other platforms are responsible for what they allow to be put out by their users.
                    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                      Twitter is a private company, whom they choose to allow to use their websites is their business. It is not a free speech issue, no one is seeking to close Alex Jones's own website.
                      And this applies to this forum too. Anybody can be banned even if the justification for such banning may be hypocritical or unreasonable
                      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Have the rules changed or do we apply them in a different way when it is about Massena?
                        Since you apparently want to talk in public about what other people think of Massena's similarity to the controversial Alex Jones , let's also add to the discussion people like

Ljadw who constantly spreads insane conspiracy theories about the Deep State and Soros

or

Rimmer who does not have a problem to make controversial posts against gays in which he laughs with the feloniescommitted by friends of his family against gays

or

101combat veteran who constantly trolls and never contributes anything to any conversation nor does he post sources or links related to the topic of the thread

or

Hide Akechi who does the same thing

or

Gixxer who openly admits his bigotry when he argues that Muslim American citizens should not be protected by the First Amendment

or

Walle who openly makes racist posts talking about how smarter and more "beautiful" whites are compared to blacks as a result of their biological characteristics of the "white" race
                        No, I argue that at this point in history islam is a political agenda as opposed to religion, and therefore does not deserve any special considerations. But enough feeding the troll.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

No, I argue that at this point in history islam is a political agenda as opposed to religion, and therefore does not deserve any special considerations. But enough feeding the troll.
                          So, at this point in history you argue that Muslim American CITIZENS should NOT be protected by the First Amendment. I say that such treatment will make such Americans second-class citizens, and your posts and beliefs are are wayyyyyyyy more controversial than Massena's.
                          Last edited by pamak; 07 Sep 18, 03:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            I agree, far too many here rely on far-right opinions as news. Very dangerous to our great country.

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post

Further Twitter and other platforms are responsible for what they allow to be put out by their users.
                              Twitter is a private company.
                              The problem is that Twitter and other social media giants essentially control the forum.
                              I have read, that the Twitter CEO even admitted that his site is a "public forum".

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/c...ee-speech.html

That isn't fatal by any meanings, but it creates problems for them in the long run as it opens the door.
                              I do not support government control, but Twitter and the like are arguably inviting it.
                              Imagine if the phone company denied service to groups based on their political leanings.

Imagine if Twitter denied access to groups that support gay rights, or same sex marriage or abortion.
                              I doubt the left would be so protective of the interests of a private company in that case (See Masterpiece baker and the pizza company that was forced out of business)
                              Twitter is denying access to a public forum based on a content based analysis.
                              That is going to lead to regulation.

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X