Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Anonymous New York Times OPED

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...cid=spartandhp

Read it. Sounds to me like the bureaucracy doesn't like Trump. So? Nothing new there. That is, assuming it's even true.

Comment

If there's no comment in the op I figure its a new troll thread. How long does it take to paste a bit of the article so you know if its a interesting article. I figure he just wants to draw traffic to msn or cnn. Can you say click bait?
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I read it much earlier today. It isn't "click bait" but it also doesn't pass the smell test very well. The supposed author is someone in the White House and administration fairly high up who does a lot of whining about how Trump does things. It comes off mostly that he or she doesn't like Trump or how he conducts his administration.

Since it appeared in the NYT and that paper now has some very non-credible, badly biased, anti-Trump people on it's opinion editorial board it's hard to put much if any credence in an anonymous op ed piece.

Comment

From the article:
          That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trumpís more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

So the will of the people who voted Trump into office is secondary to what unidentified, unelected government officials want?
          That almost sounds like evidence that the so called "deep state" exists.

I thought that was just a silly conspiracy theory.
          You cannot accept that this article is credible while at the same time denying that it is evidence of the "deep state".

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Clickbait is a website link designed to entice users to go to a certain web-page or video.[2][3]

Click-bait headlines typically aim to exploit the "curiosity gap", providing just enough information to make readers of news websites curious, but not enough to satisfy their curiosity without clicking through to the linked content.[4][5][6]

Clickbait journalism
            From a historical perspective, the techniques employed by clickbait authors can be considered derivative of yellow journalism, which presented little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead used eye-catching headlines that included exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering, or sensationalism.[7][8] For sites that thrive on thousands of click-throughs to content, many authors see the use of clickbait as a means to tap into human psyche by crafting these eye-catching headlines.[9]

This is why you should refuse to click on his links till he starts to provide some details.

Ps can someone fix the ignore feature, please.
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
              Clickbait is a website link designed to entice users to go to a certain web-page or video.[2][3]
              So basically, you're entire argument is a deflection.
              Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Yep. Couple that with Bob Woodard's new book coming out in a few short days and it's making Trumps administration look like the clown act it was. You know Trump is terrified of Woodard's book. He's not going to be able to discredit Mr. Woodard.
                Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

I phones, Facebook and the service industry are becoming more popular in the USA. Maybe some good short term cash flow, but for the long term one needs industry.

Trung SI, Mountain Man, Tag, I respect you all..I have two brothers who served the Military forces one a Cpt in the US Army. You guys all wonder whats been going on under Obama and Trump, well the answer is the job opportunities are not what they used to be. Major cities across the USA that once offered 60-100 thousand good middle class jobs have been economically decimated. This is a disgrace, and clearly modern day young Americans do not have anywhere near the same chances you 3 have had in this country when we had honor.

America is weak and needs to become strong again. It starts with the highest of Americans in power to act dignified and once and for all follow in the footsteps of FDR and fight for American middle class and for world justice.
                  Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                  Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

What is this a troll contest?
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

Yep. Couple that with Bob Woodard's new book coming out in a few short days and it's making Trumps administration look like the clown act it was. You know Trump is terrified of Woodard's book. He's not going to be able to discredit Mr. Woodard.
                      Bobbieís a political hack. He hasnít had a good story since the 70s, and that one was randomly handed out by Deepthroat.
                      "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

I got a text message from some NYS democrat asking me to vote for Dem AG candidate I never heard of.. I responded by saying please bring back American industry and the values of FDR, get Tesla out of NY and bring back American steel, I told them I voted for Clinton i the 2016 POTUS election.

George S Patton

Comment

What is this a troll contest?
                          And you get gold for being a troll, post a more dignified message or get out of here. You have no right to post that insulting message right after a serious post. Delete your post right now and I will delete mine(post 13). You have no right to attack people, and posters have every right to defend them self against personal attacks by you. Waive your Israeli flag, I got my USA flag.

George S Patton

Comment

When you start posting serious posts I'll start treating you seriously. And no you can't tell me what I can post. Your not a mod and probably will never be one. So take your demands and stuff them.
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

When you start posting serious posts I'll start treating you seriously. And no you can't tell me what I can post. Your not a mod and probably will never be one. So take your demands and stuff them.
                              Low life undignified post. You have no right what so ever to insult those whom you disagree with.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X