Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tourism still suffering after The Red Hen denied Sanders

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Just read your link. I suggest you reread it. It seems you $40 isn't fact and politically motivated. Yelp is cleaning the link from all such crap.
    I suggest YOU read. It is from THEIR OWN RESERVATION PAGE, and it is $45, not $40. A reservation page cannot be modified by others that are not in the employ of the business or Yelp.

    Notes from the Business


    Please Note: We will charge your credit card $45 per person. The total amount will be subtracted from your final bill when you dine with us. If you cancel more than 72 hours before your reservation, you will be fully refunded. Thanks for your understanding.
    Charging people up front is known as KITING which is creating a cash float so you can keep paying bills before you render service. It is a sign of financial weakness. No restaurant, hotel, or car rental has charged me ahead of time when I made reservations. NONE - it is frown upon in the hospitality industry.
    Last edited by Salinator; 04 Sep 18, 19:46.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

    Prayers.

    BoRG

    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

      Seriously? Someone hung a sign in the window and it became a fact? Since when?

      Cheapest way I know of to deceive the public into believing they're the best place to go.
      Exactly.

      Marketing 101. You give up whatever you would have gotten that night in the hopes that people, seeing the sigh, will come later in the week to see what is so special.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

      Comment


      • #18
        As it turns out Stephanie Wilkinson is a really sick pup.

        http://www.stdregistry.com/red-hen-S...Wilkinson.html
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

        ~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

        Comment


        • #19
          Kiting

          1. The illegal practice of deliberately misrepresenting the value of a security or transaction in order to extract morefunds from a counterparty.

          2. The illegal practice of writing a bad check on an account at one bank, depositing it at a second bank, andwithdrawing cash. Check holds have made kiting more difficult than it once was.

          3. The illegal practice of defacing a check by increasing the amount of money written on it. One may take advantageof bad handwriting, for example, by changing "ten" to "twenty" on the check.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

          Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

          you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            Kiting

            1. The illegal practice of deliberately misrepresenting the value of a security or transaction in order to extract morefunds from a counterparty.

            2. The illegal practice of writing a bad check on an account at one bank, depositing it at a second bank, andwithdrawing cash. Check holds have made kiting more difficult than it once was.

            3. The illegal practice of defacing a check by increasing the amount of money written on it. One may take advantageof bad handwriting, for example, by changing "ten" to "twenty" on the check.
            The above is CHECK KITING.

            People also used to did the same with CREDIT CARDS before the Banks also made that harder by charging up a large fee and a larger interest rate with no 30 days grace period for what they renamed as BALANCE TRANSFERS. In the old days if you have two CC's with a different billing cycle, you can buy something and just keep paying the cards off with each other and never actually have to pay real money.

            Kiting (keeping a float) is the general term for trying to sustain your operation with funds that are not yours (or shouldn't be) yet.

            I have a degree in accounting as well as in business.

            Making people pay their bill up front upon reservation is NOT ethical. The businesses that do that are those that are trying to stay AFLOAT with other people's money that is not rightfully theirs. If you make a reservation for say a special occasion, it is not fair to have to pay for you as a customer to have to pay for a meal months ahead of time.

            French Laundry here is booked a year in advance and it averages about $500 a person. I used to book it more than a year ahead just to make sure my wife and I get in for our anniversary. Even they have never asked me pay in advance to hold a reservation.
            Last edited by Salinator; 05 Sep 18, 19:25.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

            Prayers.

            BoRG

            http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

            Comment


            • #21
              Probably the largest kiting operation in the US, probably the world, maybe for all time, is Tesla. They've taken in hundreds of millions in deposits on cars they likely will never deliver to customers.

              As to the topic at hand. I tried to get some sort of verification on the Wilkerson HIV / drug addict thing and have come up pretty much empty. That one website, the HIV registry, seems to be the only source. It'd be nice to have some independent verification of those.

              As to Lexington getting hit along with her restaurant, I can see some of that being she was vice chair on a committee called "Mainstreet Lexington" that was sort of a Welcome Wagon / BBB type of thing for businesses in the town. She's stepped down but that probably hit other businesses because of affiliation.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Probably the largest kiting operation in the US, probably the world, maybe for all time, is Tesla. They've taken in hundreds of millions in deposits on cars they likely will never deliver to customers.

                As to the topic at hand. I tried to get some sort of verification on the Wilkerson HIV / drug addict thing and have come up pretty much empty. That one website, the HIV registry, seems to be the only source. It'd be nice to have some independent verification of those.

                As to Lexington getting hit along with her restaurant, I can see some of that being she was vice chair on a committee called "Mainstreet Lexington" that was sort of a Welcome Wagon / BBB type of thing for businesses in the town. She's stepped down but that probably hit other businesses because of affiliation.
                It's the norm now with video games. Well, a fool and his money......
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

                  It's the norm now with video games. Well, a fool and his money......
                  Tesla is the battery car company....

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                    Tesla is the battery car company....

                    Yes, I was simply pointing out that Tesla, and the restaurant, aren't alone.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                    BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                    BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

                      It's the norm now with video games. Well, a fool and his money......
                      Yeah I figure that when a new game comes out I'll let somebody else buy it first and do a review and give the company time to work out the bugs. Heh, did you ever play Darklands? It's the most buggy game in the history of gaming. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkla...8video_game%29
                      Credo quia absurdum.


                      Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Probably the largest kiting operation in the US, probably the world, maybe for all time, is Tesla. They've taken in hundreds of millions in deposits on cars they likely will never deliver to customers.

                        As to the topic at hand. I tried to get some sort of verification on the Wilkerson HIV / drug addict thing and have come up pretty much empty. That one website, the HIV registry, seems to be the only source. It'd be nice to have some independent verification of those.

                        As to Lexington getting hit along with her restaurant, I can see some of that being she was vice chair on a committee called "Mainstreet Lexington" that was sort of a Welcome Wagon / BBB type of thing for businesses in the town. She's stepped down but that probably hit other businesses because of affiliation.
                        It is probably untrue, but it serves her right for being an as*hole. What she did should have gotten her a little jail time for harassment or at least an ass-kicking. One thing for sure is her reputation is toast.
                        My worst jump story:
                        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                        No lie.

                        ~
                        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Salinator View Post

                          The above is CHECK KITING.

                          People also used to did the same with CREDIT CARDS before the Banks also made that harder by charging up a large fee and a larger interest rate with no 30 days grace period for what they renamed as BALANCE TRANSFERS. In the old days if you have two CC's with a different billing cycle, you can buy something and just keep paying the cards off with each other and never actually have to pay real money.

                          Kiting (keeping a float) is the general term for trying to sustain your operation with funds that are not yours (or shouldn't be) yet.

                          I have a degree in accounting as well as in business.

                          Making people pay their bill up front upon reservation is NOT ethical. The businesses that do that are those that are trying to stay AFLOAT with other people's money that is not rightfully theirs. If you make a reservation for say a special occasion, it is not fair to have to pay for you as a customer to have to pay for a meal months ahead of time.

                          French Laundry here is booked a year in advance and it averages about $500 a person. I used to book it more than a year ahead just to make sure my wife and I get in for our anniversary. Even they have never asked me pay in advance to hold a reservation.
                          https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...o_Florida.html
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                          Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                          you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            You seem to have a serious reading issue. Your own link said that they take CC details, but do not charge you in advance. Except for the first idiot that answered that confused giving CC details in advance with actually being charged.

                            It is a FROWN UPON practice in the HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY to charge in advance, but not to take down CC details. Some places have a penalty for late cancellations or no show, but you'll be hard pressed fo find a hotel or restaurant that actually charges your CC at the time of reservation. That is why when checking in late, you call in advance to have your CC hold the room. At eating establishments, unless you're some important, you can't hold a reservation beyond a certain time because restaurants generally want to turn that table 2-3 and sometimes even 4 times per evening. Please stop trying to argue just for the sake of arguing. In my career, I've managed a 145 room hotel, and two fine restaurants before I made enough money to become my own boss.
                            Last edited by Salinator; 06 Sep 18, 19:26.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                            Prayers.

                            BoRG

                            http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                            Comment

                            Latest Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X