Tourism still suffering after The Red Hen denied Sanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourism still suffering after The Red Hen denied Sanders

LEXINGTON, Va. (AP) ó A small town in Virginia is trying to recover its image after The Red Hen restaurant famously refused to serve President Donald Trumpís spokeswoman, Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

The Roanoke Times reported Sunday that a regional tourism board is pulling together emergency funds to boost its digital marketing campaign.

Normally that money is saved. But officials agreed the region is in desperate need of positive coverage.
    https://wtop.com/virginia/2018/09/to...enied-sanders/
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

It was a stupid thing to do in the first place.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

I disagree with what you say
      But I defend your right to say it
      But that doesn't mean that i have to feed your stupid mouth with battery chicken
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

What did they expect would be the result?
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Not going to an entire city because of one restaurant? Sounds like a bunch of idiots to me.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

After Controversy, Red Hen Restaurant Reopens ó and Itís Fully Booked

But the protesters and national attention didnít seem to stop diners from returning to the establishment. A sign hanging in the window of the Red Hen said that the restaurant was fully booked for the evening, according to Virginia First.

ďItís our neighborhood restaurant, and itís the best food in town,Ē diner Arlene White told The Roanoke Times. White had to walk through the group of protesters to enter the restaurant and inquire about getting a table.

Others showed up to support the message Wilkinson sent when she refused service to Sanders.

ďI thought it was very brave what the owner did,Ē Don Mandelkorn, who stopped by the restaurant Thursday in hopes of dining there, told the Times.
            https://www.lifezette.com/2018/07/af...-fully-booked/
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
              Not going to an entire city because of one restaurant? Sounds like a bunch of idiots to me.
              The restaurant? I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

The restaurant? I agree.
                They're being extremely sensitive. People protesting an entire city over this are retarded. What level of responsibility do the other businesses in that area hold for Sanders being kicked out? None.
                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

They're being extremely sensitive. People protesting an entire city over this are retarded. What level of responsibility do the other businesses in that area hold for Sanders being kicked out? None.
                  They let their politics get in the way of being a good restaurant and that came back to bite them, then the city in the @$$. They were idiots. They should have just served her and her party and let them go on their merry way. The political statement they made (the restaurant) was one of intolerance and hate. People are now voting on that with their wallets and this restaurant and the city they're in are the big losers.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

They let their politics get in the way of being a good restaurant and that came back to bite them, then the city in the @$$. They were idiots. They should have just served her and her party and let them go on their merry way. The political statement they made (the restaurant) was one of intolerance and hate. People are now voting on that with their wallets and this restaurant and the city they're in are the big losers.
                    Anyone who thinks the city has anything to do with that is a moron though. Besides, judging by the link I posted the Red Hen is doing fine. So they're hurting the rest of the city who isn't to blame while the Red Hen is still thriving. Morons.
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Anyone who thinks the city has anything to do with that is a moron though. Besides, judging by the link I posted the Red Hen is doing fine. So they're hurting the rest of the city who isn't to blame while the Red Hen is still thriving. Morons.
                      Not necessarily. People may be avoiding the city (it isn't very big) simply because they're avoiding the restaurant. That is, they see the negative restaurant reviews or publicity and say something like "Let's eat in the town next door..."

Comment

Things like this make me question the 'blue wave'. The Dems are betting the farm on the idea that all the whiny outrage they see daily represents the will of the people.

But this suggests a different view.

Believing their own press releases is what cost the DNC 2016.

It's good to see this sort of quiet but effective action. No flash, no melodrama, just very real pressure applied effectively.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I think unless you can prove that the Red Hen is booming, that is wishful thinking on your part. Your article says they did well on their REOPENING. That was two months ago. With the vacuum left by the missing tourists, how many of the moron's TDS supporters can keep returning to support her and her sexual predator co-owner? She has obviously made enemies out of the other local business owners as she was forced to resign her role in the business community and are now hurting for business. Red Hen reservations are not hard to get, considering they can only accommodate 24-36 dinners inside the restaurant.

As of right now, they have nearly all slots available for this week's reservations:

https://www.yelp.com/reservations/th...9-04&time=1900

A restaurant that is doing well, such as The French Laundry with a similar farm-to-table theme is booked a YEAR in advance, and is a solid five stars, not a pretentious one like Red Hen which overcharges for mediocre food.

The Red Hen is so desperate right now that it charges $45 per person UPON making reservations, which will be deducted from the final bill. That is not the way a thriving confident restaurant does things.
                          Last edited by Salinator; 04 Sep 18, 19:19.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Just read your link. I suggest you reread it. It seems you $40 isn't fact and politically motivated. Yelp is cleaning the link from all such crap.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

A sign hanging in the window of the Red Hen said that the restaurant was fully booked for the evening, according to Virginia First.
                              Seriously? Someone hung a sign in the window and it became a fact? Since when?

Cheapest way I know of to deceive the public into believing they're the best place to go.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X