GOP Candidate for Governor in Kansas Under Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, I believe.
    Unless it is Hillary...
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

I guess this makes things even for the Florida Democrat candidate for governor being under investigation by the FBI for criminal stuff...

http://www.wktv.com/content/national/492337481.html

Seems he was handing out campaign money to friends, lying to the IRS, and other corruption-like stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Unless it is Hillary...
        When did she go to court? I must have missed that.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

When did she go to court? I must have missed that.

Try to follow the conversation instead of being fixated with just what I say. Rimmer made the idiotic argument that Nixon was innocent because he was not formally convicted in a trial. The same person, changes the tune when he talks about Hillary (or Bill) Clinton even though none of them were convicted in a trial. THis is why I reminded the case of Clinton to show the duplicity of some posters here...

Originally posted by Pruitt
          I guess Richard Nixon and Spiro Agnew were before your time?

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer
          What were they convicted of, specifically?

Oh, yeah, nothing.

Agnew was removed from the Vice Presidency because of graft while he was Governor of Maryland. Nixon resigned from office, then Ford pardoned him for any and all crimes he may have committed..

Last edited by pamak; 03 Sep 18, 17:14.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Try to follow the conversation instead of being fixated with just what I say. Rimmer made the idiotic argument that Nixon was innocent because he was not formally convicted in a trial. The same person, changes the tune when he talks about Hillary (or Bill) Clinton even though none of them were convicted in a trial. THis is why I reminded the case of Clinton to show the duplicity of some posters here...

I guess Richard Nixon and Spiro Agnew were before your time?

What were they convicted of, specifically?

Oh, yeah, nothing.

Agnew was removed from the Vice Presidency because of graft while he was Governor of Maryland. Nixon resigned from office, then Ford pardoned him for any and all crimes he may have committed..

Can't answer the question, figures.
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              I guess this makes things even for the Florida Democrat candidate for governor being under investigation by the FBI for criminal stuff...

Seems he was handing out campaign money to friends, lying to the IRS, and other corruption-like stuff.
              I posted that earlier in another thread. Interesting that you didn't take note of that.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Can't answer the question, figures.
                The question is easy to answer. She never went to court because the prosecutors did not find anything to charge her. This means that legally the quote "innocent until proven guilty" applies to her. You know people who have not been charged and do not have to defend themselves in court are presumed innocent, right?
                Your turn to answer the question!
                Last edited by pamak; 03 Sep 18, 17:39.

Comment

Only if you're a Republican, apparently. If you're a Democrat you automatically guilty no matter what you do.

Stupid, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post

Obviously you don't know the pair... Tricky Dicky took the pardon before they could arrest and arraign him. Agnew pleaded nolo contendre to a single charge, it was an arranged plea bargain.

Pruitt
                    I was around back then. There wasn't any intent to arrest Nixon. Nixon and Kissinger accomplished great things during their tenure.

If rumor counts as fact, the Hillabeast ordered nearly thirty political murders.

Her husband was in fact impeached for lying.

I take it you knew Nixon personally? Or just through the biased media? Back then they still had some shreds of credibility in certain quarters, but the end was in sight.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

I was around back then. There wasn't any intent to arrest Nixon. Nixon and Kissinger accomplished great things during their tenure.

If rumor counts as fact, the Hillabeast ordered nearly thirty political murders.

Her husband was in fact impeached for lying.

I take it you knew Nixon personally? Or just through the biased media? Back then they still had some shreds of credibility in certain quarters, but the end was in sight.
                      Impeachment is not conviction! Bill was actually acquitted in the Senate...I thought that the original claim was "innocent until proven guilty."
                      There is also a difference between rumors spread from internet hacks about "murders" and information coming from formal investigations or from both political parties in the Congress (which shows no partisanship).

The point is that unlike Nixon, it was not a president's pardon that saved Clinton.There was a LEGAL (instead of a political) decision not to prosecute her since there was not enough evidence according to the prosecutors who examined the legal facts of her case. By contrast, Nixon avoided a prosecution because of obvious political considerations since he was pardoned by Ford for all crimes he may have committed.

By the way, if personal knowledge is some type of prerequisite, I assume that Rimmer knew Clinton. There is no need to know Nixon personally to see that the vast majority of the people at the time (including the majority of republicans) saw him as being politically unfit to remain POTUS because of his criminal contact as it was clearly revealed in recorded conversations!
                      Last edited by pamak; 03 Sep 18, 20:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

I posted that earlier in another thread. Interesting that you didn't take note of that.
                        He thought the man was a Republican .

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

His defense was that he was acting as a Democrat .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X