Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meghan McCain's Eulogy for her Father was Heartfelt and Effective.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    BS, until his pick of Palin he had my support. After that NO WAY
    So you disliked Palin, but you thought Obama was all hunky-dory?
    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

I'm not a big Palin fan, but even she was a better choice than McCain or Obama.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Palin is a scapegoat. The McCain campaign was floundering and Palin brought in new energy and enthusiasm by bringing in the Tea Party and a lot of women. Sure, there were people that did abandon McCain because of their perception of Palin, either wrong or right, but according to 2008 exit polls, Palin ended up as a net gain in terms of votes lost or gained.

I sat out 2008, but I know here in my neck of the woods, Palin swayed a lot of women to McCain even though Obama was clearly going to the choice of women voters.

Palin had never uttered a bad word about McCain. It was petty of him to not invite her to the funeral.
        Absolutely right.
        McCain didn't lose because of anything Palin did. Arguably she helped give him a chance to win. I also recall his approval going up after naming her.
        McCain lost when the economy crashed.

His (or his family's) need to exclude someone who had always spoken well of him and was his running mate, while inviting people who relentlessly attacked him on personal and political levels is bizarre.
        It suggests that conservatives were right not to fully trust him or his political loyalties.

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

HPJ wanted two RINOS on the GOP ticket .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Well, the top slot was definitely one.

Comment

Making up story's now.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Your logic is TOTALLY FU. You think I can go from a McCain supporter to Obama. TOTALLY
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

I'll second that.

She has more guts than he ever did. Look how bad the liberals hated her; they never went after McCain that way.

I'm not 100% certain McCain would have been an improvement over Bobo.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

You could have ended the sentence before Russell.
                    Dick Russell's name has been much in the news of late. The Senate Office Building, which houses individual Senators' office off-site from the Capitol, was renamed in Richard Brevard Russell Jr's honor in the early 1970s, following his death. Russell had been Governor of Georgia before winning his Senate seat in the 1930s. His record was quite progressive in areas like assistance for farmers, agricultural research, and subsidized lunch for poorer students. Russell was an incredibly well-read, and a big-time history buff: not only was he steeped in Confederate lore, but he could've talked your ears off for weeks on end about Tacitus or Plutarch or Thucydides. Among his senatorial allies and opponents alike, his integrity wa beyond question, such that -- without hesitation -- he was named to chair the committee which examined Gen Douglas MacArthur's relief from command by Pres Truman, which subsequently made Mac look rather foolish, and served to reaffirm civilian authority over the military to this very day. And Russell was a gentleman of the old school: he never shouted, never blathered, never engaged in trash talk or ungenteel expressions. He was also a master of the legislative arts: he mentored Lyndon Johnson, and Russell could stick the knife into you hilt-deep and still keep that smile on his face. In short, in the annals of American politics, Russell is a giant.

The flip side of the coin, however, was that he was also an unapologetic uncompromising and unreformable segregationist. For all of his remarkable accomplishments as a Senator, his greatest efforts were expended in defeating Federal civil rights legislation. Time after time after time, he managed to block desegregation, anti-lynching, and constitutional equal treatment under the XIV Amendment legislation. Loudmouths like Bilbo -- who thought nothing of shouting "ni**er" on the Senate floor -- got all the press and ire of liberal foes, but the real general of the Southern efforts to defeat Federal civil rights legislation was Russell. It's Russell's efforts against civil rights, sadly, which now define his legacy.

To that end, it's been proposed that the Old Senate Office Building be named instead in John MCCain's honor, rather than Russell's. I for one will heartily applaud that. It's high time that The Lost Cause be relegated to the dustbin of history.
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I thought she bombed the debate, but Obama was obviously lying to get elected.

I wanted Romney to be nominated, because I thought he would be a businessman/outsider who would set things straight in Washington...

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Who's HPJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

I'll second that.

She has more guts than he ever did. Look how bad the liberals hated her; they never went after McCain that way.

I'm not 100% certain McCain would have been an improvement over Bobo.
                          Well, I'm pretty sure McCain would not have bowed to heads of state as did Obama bin Laden.
                          My worst jump story:
                          No lie.

~
                          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Who's HPJ?
                            Human Pancreatic Juice
                            My worst jump story:
                            No lie.

~
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Who's HPJ?
                              A German poster.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Well, I'm pretty sure McCain would not have bowed to heads of state as did Obama bin Laden.
                                The thing about Bobo is that he was a weak outsider whom the GOP was able to hold in check for virtually all his term.

McCain would have crippled the GOP for years. He was a Trojan horse, bought and paid for.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X