Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meghan McCain's Eulogy for her Father was Heartfelt and Effective.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pamak View Post

And Romney also said openly that he was against Obamacare. This should resolve the issue! What you say does not change the fact that he was against Obamacare! In addition, Obamacare was saved because even the republicans in both the House and the Senate were not willing to ditch it without having something to replace it! It was not just McCain the one who determined the fate of Obamacare. Recall that even before McCain's vote against a bill for a SKINNY repeal, the republicans had already failed numerous times to fully repeal the Obamacare. It was obvious that only the most fanatic conservatives were against Obamacare, and this is why the republicans could not repeal it even though they controlled both the House and the Senate.

In other words, both McCain and Romney represented mainstream republicans and not the lunatic right! If you want to argue about the influence of money, then you should not apply this selectively only for McCain and Romney. You can make the same claim about every person who won the primaries and participated in the elections. Also, since both McCain and Romney lost, you just made a good argument that the Democrats who defeated them were not the puppets of the establishment...
    Romney and McCain LIED openly that they were against Obamacare , but did nothing to eliminate Obamacare .
    GOP senators as Flake, McCain,Murkowski, Graham,Collins,were only RINOS doing what their donors were dictating them.Romney said that Obamacare was a good thing ,but ''forgot '' wisely to add that it was a good thing for his donors ,people as Rick Segal .
    Obamacare is nothing more than transferring money from the Deplorables to the billionairs who dominate the Swamp :that's why the billionaires have given Obama $ millions as present,(henchmen do not work for free ) when he ceased to be president .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Romney and McCain LIED openly that they were against Obamacare , but did nothing to eliminate Obamacare .
      GOP senators as Flake, McCain,Murkowski, Graham,Collins,were only RINOS doing what their donors were dictating them.Romney said that Obamacare was a good thing ,but ''forgot '' wisely to add that it was a good thing for his donors ,people as Rick Segal .
      Obamacare is nothing more than transferring money from the Deplorables to the billionairs who dominate the Swamp :that's why the billionaires have given Obama $ millions as present,(henchmen do not work for free ) when he ceased to be president .
      Actually the big lie by all republicans was that they would repeal the Obamacare when in fact they did not have a better alternative to propose as a replacement. Ii was one of these cases when republicans were using cheap rhetoric to excite the crowd when they were not in power but when the time came they could not fulfill their promise. And the irony is that part of the reason for this failure was because after a few years of experience with Obamacare even their own constituents did not want to return to the previous situation. Obamacare does transfer money to those who are towards the lower parts of the socioeconomic ladder which includes many of the "deplorables" of the poor red South. Based on my experience in this forum, many of those who are against Obamacare are usually people who have secured some form of "socialized" healthcare for themselves (military, veterans, and Europeans like you), so it is easy for them to preach that others should not have government healthcare subsidies.

So, to return to the theme of the thread (McCain), his position was not to that different from that of most republicans. Where he did seem to differentiate himself was that he was not interested in a skinny repeal which would repeal selected parts of Obamacare. I think most probably the fact that he knew that he would not make it to the next election, liberated him from political machinations and calculations. Plus, people develop a whole different perspective of healthcare when they approach the end of their life. I am pretty sure that he voted what he thought was right in contrast to most of his peers in the Senate who simply wanted to vote "something" just to cover their embarrassment for their previous failures to fully repeal Obamacare.
      Last edited by pamak; 03 Sep 18, 05:13.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

The Wapo,which is owned by Bezos,defends Obamacare .Why does Bezos support Obamacare ? Because it is good for him and his buddies from Silicon Valley , and, what is good for Silicon Valley,is bad for the Deplorables .
        SV wants to destroy the Deplorables : one of their henchmen (Bill Kristol ) said that the Deplorables were lazy and spoiled and should be replaced by immigrants and that the white working communities should die .
        Bezos has gone to any lengths to earn his $ 100 billion, he will go to any lengths to preserve them .
        100 billion of money is 100 billion of power .

Comment

The Wapo,which is owned by Bezos,defends Obamacare .Why does Bezos support Obamacare ? Because it is good for him and his buddies from Silicon Valley , and, what is good for Silicon Valley,is bad for the Deplorables .
          SV wants to destroy the Deplorables : one of their henchmen (Bill Kristol ) said that the Deplorables were lazy and spoiled and should be replaced by immigrants and that the white working communities should die .
          Bezos has gone to any lengths to earn his $ 100 billion, he will go to any lengths to preserve them .
          100 billion of money is 100 billion of power .
          The republican representatives vote based on how they perceive the will of their constituent and not based on what Bezos or WaPo want. if that was that simple, now Trump would have been impeached... Anyway, I started this as a side note, but I am not willing to continue talking about Obamacare since this is not the topic of the thread.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

ignore the uncertified
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
              In short, she hit the proverbial nail on the head.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/01/polit...ral/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...bashing-trump/

The lady has both character and class. Well done.
              Meghan McCain, Obama, and Bush - preaching against petty and divisive behavior by being petty and divisive.

I understand why he didn't invite Trump, but what did Palin ever do to him?
              Last edited by BorderRuffian; 03 Sep 18, 17:10.
              {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Lose an election?
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                  Meghan McCain, Obama, and Bush - preaching against petty and divisive behavior by being petty and divisive.

Palin is from the Tea Party;McCain from the Soros party ;thus ...water and fire and Hillary was also there: decent people avoid the presence of Hillary .

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post

He didn't invite Trump, but the nazi Farrakhan was invited ,the man who invited Rockwell,who called him the Adolf Hitler of the black man :Farrakhan was standing not far from his ideological ally ....Clinton .

Comment

I don't think that there were many Egyptians at the funeral,as in Egypt McCain was considered ,not injustifiedly given his meeting with the allies of ISIS, as the Godfather, leader and real Supreme Guide of the Muslim Brotherhood (the Egyptian ISIS )

Comment

McCain was a good man and moderate. He bucked the Tea party and fringe elements that have taken over the republican party. The republican party has been hijacked by RW fringe outlets. It's not gonna be good in November for that party.
                        McCain understood the dangers of climate change as well and bucked Big Oil talking points.

Comment

A moderate is not a good man : we have seen the results of the moderates on 9/11 .It takes two to moderate, and as there are no Democratic moderates,....Moderates did not win WWII ,and moderates ,which is only a pseudonym for cowards, make us losing WWIII.

Comment

A moderate is not a good man : we have seen the results of the moderates on 9/11 .It takes two to moderate, and as there are no Democratic moderates,....Moderates did not win WWII ,and moderates ,which is only a pseudonym for cowards, make us losing WWIII.
                            The democratic party has more moderates than progressives. There are no moderates in the republican party, it's all fringe now.

Comment

The moderate McCain said :Assad and ISIS fight against each other, kill Assad : translation : kill Assad because he fights against the terrorists of 9/11 .The three Amigos ( McCain,Lieberman, Graham ) wanted to kill Gadaffi who was an enemy of ISIS.They got what thet wanted. The Libyan people and the people of Europe did not want what they got . The three Amigos are responsible for countless victims, countless sufferings, countless destructions .

Comment

kill Assad because he fights against the terrorists of 9/11 ..
                                No he doesn't. Assad is fighting his own population. People that had nothing to do with 9/11. On the other hand, Saudi Arabia (terrorist sponsor) was just given a hugely amazing arms deal with the US. Thanks Donald. The MIC is smiling ear to ear.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X