Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meghan McCain's Eulogy for her Father was Heartfelt and Effective.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I respect McCain for his service during the Vietnam War even though his service was short and then he spent 5 plus years as a POW. I don't think one should denigrate any service men of the U.S.A. that were POW's in a foreign land. Any P0W of the PRNV suffered and this can be verified by endless sources.

McCain, however, was a bad politician from day one. What makes it worse is that his close friends and allies in the Senate were Democrats. According to Lou Dobbs the majority of politicians at his funeral were indeed Democrats. This in itself speaks volumes about his political merits.

Also of note is that his first elected term as a politician, in 1982, as a Republican in The House of Representatives, was won not based on his merits but because of his military service, local political endorsements, connections in Washington and money that his rich wife lent to his campaign.
    Last edited by Kurt Knispel; 01 Sep 18, 21:41.
    Theo mir ist die munition ausgegangen ich werde diesen ramman auf wiedersehen uns in walhalla

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

I'm sure he felt that she had cost him the election, in fact, it was his stupidy.
      He is entitled to think it was her fault, but excluding her while inviting people who vilified him (biden) is just bizarre. I am assuming the family was honoring his wishes, but it is possible excluding her wasn't McCain's idea.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Knispel View Post
        I respect McCain for his service during the Vietnam Was, even though his service was short and then he spent 5 plus years as a POW. I don't think one should denigrate any service men of the U.S.A. that were POW's in a foreign land. Any P0W of the PRNV suffered and this can be verified by endless sources.

McCain, however, was a bad politician from day one. What makes it worse is that his close friends and allies in the Senate were Democrats. According to Lou Dobbs the majority of politicians at his funeral were indeed Democrats. This in itself speaks volumes about his political merits.

Also of note is that his first elected term as a politician, in 1982, as a Republican in The House of Representatives, was won not based on his merits but because of his military service, local political endorsements, connections in Washington and money that his rich wife lent to his campaign.
        Most of the times I was against McCain's position, and I certainly hated the fact that it seemed like his solution to many international crisis was to start bombing. But he had spine and integrity that I could not see in many other political opponents. The issue with the republicans in the funeral you mention is just another example of how spineless they are. You can see it even in Graham's pathetic now attempt to try to approach Trump! Without McCain Graham seems scared and timid! I also said that despite what some republicans say these days, the fact that McCain became the republican presidential candidate a few years ago, shows beyond doubt that his position represented the mainstream republican party and was not just the position of a RINO floating at the left margin of the republican party
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

He is entitled to think it was her fault, but excluding her while inviting people who vilified him (biden) is just bizarre. I am assuming the family was honoring his wishes, but it is possible excluding her wasn't McCain's idea.
          I agree it is strange. As I said early, McCain reminded me of Biden. He connected with Joe Lieberman (D) also with who he went to Iraq with, both looked like clowns trying to figure out what they knew nothing about over there.

Comment

I agree that he was a rino, but will respect him for his military service and enduring his time as a POW.
            Yeah, good point. Although I think that like LBJ, he beat that drum overmuch. Whenever I hear someone trumping their military service and personal courage at every opportunity I really start wondering what the true story is. Like Kerry with his Purple Heart for uncooked rice, or LBJ and his one-flight Silver Star.

When you talk to guys like Trung Si, Jeffdoorgunner, HMS Jr, and others who were veritably in the fecal matter, you get a far different feel.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

It always struck me as odd that he waited until a month after his father died to resign from the navy. Perhaps he talked it over with him and said "look dad with my fitness reports Ií'll be lucky to make rear admiral forget vice or full admiral so Iím just going to get out and get a seat in congress which is the closest thing to doing nothing I can do and still look respectable, okay dad." But somehow I donít see that conversation taking place.
              Then there was the Keating five, and the fact that his fellow POWs nicknamed him songbird. He wasn't everything that he portrayed himself as.
              Last edited by Tsar; 02 Sep 18, 02:59. Reason: Punctuation
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

A RINO does not win a nomination for the republican party. I WISH it was true, but unfortunately it is not!
                Also, I see nothing in Mc Cain's POW record to imply that it was tarnished! I am not going to change my perspective even if people prove that at some point he broke during the captivity. It was an extraordinary experience that most people just cannot comprehend. On the other hand, I see veryyyyy tarnished records when police officers remain cowardly inactive outside of schools in which murderers kill children and when other retired officers try to excuse such behavior while they take issues with the behavior of a POW in Vietnam!
                Romney was a RINO and won the GOP nomination : Romney said : without Romney care, there would be no Obamacare .In 2008 and 2012 Deep State dominated the GOP convention ..

Comment

Deep State would not accept a representant of the Tea Party at the funeral .

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                    the fact that his fellow POWs nicknamed him songbird. He wasn't everything that he portrayed himself as.
                    ​​​Fact? Really? Aye ok then.....

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

I heard her, and I seriously question your claim. She delivered a very emotional and genuine speech!

My favorite part "We gather here to mourn the passing of American greatness. The real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly,"
                      A solid, if unintentional, indictment against the mainstream media.
                      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

A solid, if unintentional, indictment against the mainstream media.
                        It's way over the top; I bet she didn't even know her father.

Comment

You find that she mentioned the media.

She is talking to your hero in chief and his supporters.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post

​​​Fact? Really? Aye ok then.....
                            Just old TP BS.
                            A Fox News analyst was fired from the right-wing network in May 2018 after regurgitating a long-standing, long-debunked smear against Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona) and his experiences as a prisoner of war.
                            Some are even dumber that a Fox fan.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wa...lton-songbird/

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Yeah, good point. Although I think that like LBJ, he beat that drum overmuch. Whenever I hear someone trumping their military service and personal courage at every opportunity I really start wondering what the true story is. Like Kerry with his Purple Heart for uncooked rice, or LBJ and his one-flight Silver Star.

When you talk to guys like Trung Si, Jeffdoorgunner, HMS Jr, and others who were veritably in the fecal matter, you get a far different feel.
                              Kerry but on the uniform, got the schooling and even got his boots covered in red mud all of which the present chickenhawk in the WH never did. He is such a coward he won't even visit our troops down range in the ME, no golf course for Agolf Twitler.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Deep State would not accept a representant of the Tea Party at the funeral .
                                Of course, Deep State.......

Had a traffic light showing red again today?

Isn't it odd how easily here a man is judged for his combat record while in reality those same people are merely dissing him because they don't like his later activities? Hypocrisy, with a capital H.
                                Throwing mud is so easy, and some here are just great at doing that.

Bringing in Keating? It seems that McCain was found not guilty of anything illegal. Innocent, proven not guilty. Throw some mud fellers, it seems to suit you well.

Who's that guy in the White House dissing him because he became a POW? And some here are happily agreeing with him?
                                Are you aware how many other pilots were shot down over NV?
                                Those are losers too?
                                "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X