Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meghan McCain's Eulogy for her Father was Heartfelt and Effective.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meghan McCain's Eulogy for her Father was Heartfelt and Effective.

In short, she hit the proverbial nail on the head.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/01/polit...ral/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...bashing-trump/

The lady has both character and class. Well done.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

She said:

"We live in an era where we knock down old American heroes for all their imperfections when no leader wants to admit to fault or failure. You were an exception and gave us an ideal to strive for."
    Wrong. This is an era where in the popular press, MSM, Hollywood, etc., we denigrate heroes of any sort and elevate to hero status those who did little or nothing, those who were losers, and those who say and do the politically correct thing. We make heroes out of those who otherwise would have gotten a "Participation" trophy while tearing down those who actually did the heavy lifting.

Comment

Horseshit. You continually amaze me with the absolute nonsense you post. Which heroes have been denigrated and by whom? The chief denigrator is Trump who makes fun of the disabled, denigrates heroes himself, lies continually, actively avoided military service while you and others support him.

What does that say about you? Nothing good...
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        She said:

Wrong. This is an era where in the popular press, MSM, Hollywood, etc., we denigrate heroes of any sort and elevate to hero status those who did little or nothing, those who were losers, and those who say and do the politically correct thing. We make heroes out of those who otherwise would have gotten a "Participation" trophy while tearing down those who actually did the heavy lifting.
        This partial quotation from Meghan McCain this morning is right on point:
        "We gather here to mourn the passing of American greatness, the real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly, nor the opportunistic appropriation of those who live lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served"

As well as this which is also on point and describes the US perfectly:

“The America of John McCain has no need to be made great again because America was always great”

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

This partial quotation from Meghan McCain this morning is right on point:
          "We gather here to mourn the passing of American greatness, the real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly, nor the opportunistic appropriation of those who live lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served"

As well as this which is also on point and describes the US perfectly:

“The America of John McCain has no need to be made great again because America was always great”
          In that first quote she must have been talking about Barack Obama and his ilk.

America could be much greater than it is. Why stand on past glory?

Comment

I don’t like Meghan McCain. Her only talking point is that she’s John McCains daughter. Her career is like one big government handout.

I bet she made all her friends show up to the wedding.
            "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
              I don’t like Meghan McCain. Her only talking point is that she’s John McCains daughter. Her career is like one big government handout.

I bet she made all her friends show up to the wedding.
              LOL!!! Spoiled little white girl.

Hey, Meghan did your Dad tell you about the three planes he crashed cause you didn't use that information in the eulogy?
              My worst jump story:
              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
              No lie.

~
              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I never saw any greatness by McCain.

He was a spectator at historic events; his PoW record was tarnished at best, his Congressional record shows at best a very wishy-washy RINO, more likely a guy who was for sale, and he failed at his bid to stop Bobo (and frankly, I'm kinda glad he did).

He always reminded me of LBJ: a man out for himself.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

He was a spectator at historic events; his PoW record was tarnished at best, his Congressional record shows at best a very wishy-washy RINO, more likely a guy who was for sale, and he failed at his bid to stop Bobo (and frankly, I'm kinda glad he did).

Both Silver Star recipients for not doing anything.
                  My worst jump story:
                  No lie.

~
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I agree that he was a rino, but will respect him for his military service and enduring his time as a POW.

That said, I think he tarnished his own image by excluding Palin from the funeral. That was needlessly petty and made no sense.
                    Sarah Palin, the ex-Alaska governor who served as John McCain's running mate when he ran for president in 2008, is reportedly banned from his funeral.
                    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45361663

Maybe there was a good explanation for it, but I haven't seen it.
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

You're more of a Dick Russell kind of guy, eh.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

A RINO does not win a nomination for the republican party. I WISH it was true, but unfortunately it is not!
                        Also, I see nothing in Mc Cain's POW record to imply that it was tarnished! I am not going to change my perspective even if people prove that at some point he broke during the captivity. It was an extraordinary experience that most people just cannot comprehend. On the other hand, I see veryyyyy tarnished records when police officers remain cowardly inactive outside of schools in which murderers kill children and when other retired officers try to excuse such behavior while they take issues with the behavior of a POW in Vietnam!
                        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

He is forever tarnished by his own refusal to retire when his brain cancer became evident. No one can put any trust in any of his actions after that point.

As for his daughter, I have seen many statements that they did not get along and had been estranged for years.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            He is forever tarnished by his own refusal to retire when his brain cancer became evident. No one can put any trust in any of his actions after that point.

As for his daughter, I have seen many statements that they did not get along and had been estranged for years.
                            I heard her, and I seriously question your claim. She delivered a very emotional and genuine speech!

My favorite part "We gather here to mourn the passing of American greatness. The real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly,"
                            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

I agree that he was a rino, but will respect him for his military service and enduring his time as a POW.

That said, I think he tarnished his own image by excluding Palin from the funeral. That was needlessly petty and made no sense.
                              Sarah Palin, the ex-Alaska governor who served as John McCain's running mate when he ran for president in 2008, is reportedly banned from his funeral.
                              https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45361663

Maybe there was a good explanation for it, but I haven't seen it.
                              I'm sure he felt that she had cost him the election, in fact, it was his stupidy.
                              My worst jump story:
                              No lie.

~
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X