Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for Americans, and those living here:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    In any case, we yet have to hear how Trump has negatively impacted someone's life in the US in a personal manner. Cambronne mentioned his taxes increased due to Trump's tax bill reducing deductions if you live in a high tax, high COL state (eg., one generally controlled by Progressive Democrats). But, so far, that's about it.

    Where's all these negative things Trump has supposedly done to ruin the lives of Americans? It should be easy to come up with them since the claims make it sound like they're everywhere.
    They already been posted. No point of repeating statements.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by craven View Post

      They already been posted. No point of repeating statements.

      I don't read all posts, but have read many that complain about all the awful things Trump has done.
      My impression from reading those posts is that the complaints are more about feelings, than actual harm.
      "emboldened racists" for example. That is a meaningless statement and is entirely dependent on the personal opinion of the speaker.

      Like TAG, I was curious about actual harm caused by policies.
      I will agree that increased debt harms us all and should always be a concern.
      But the mere fact that Trump's views are disliked by some people is not proof that they have been harmed.

      If Trump were as awful as claimed, then it should be pretty easy to point out how he has harmed people.


      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

      Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

        Haha, wow. Your 401k doubled in a year? Woohoo! The economy is slowing now with Donald and republican corporate policies. How was your 401k after the GWB administration?

        To the op, the republican tax bill that gave the wealthy everything and the middle class nothing is a negative. I would expect a great negotiator to at least get a 50/50 split.
        Republicans don't have middle class policies. Why anyone in the middle, lower classes votes republican is beyond me.
        The latest tax bill reduced my taxes per month by about $200. I consider that significant. If that's raising the deficit, then let's abolish some government agencies and lay off those government workers. I'm not rich by any means, so claiming the tax bill the middle class got nothing is hyperbole.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post


          I don't read all posts, but have read many that complain about all the awful things Trump has done.
          My impression from reading those posts is that the complaints are more about feelings, than actual harm.
          "emboldened racists" for example. That is a meaningless statement and is entirely dependent on the personal opinion of the speaker.

          Like TAG, I was curious about actual harm caused by policies.
          I will agree that increased debt harms us all and should always be a concern.
          But the mere fact that Trump's views are disliked by some people is not proof that they have been harmed.

          If Trump were as awful as claimed, then it should be pretty easy to point out how he has harmed people.

          I have posted numerous things about in regards to inflation and income
          Various things on the Economy and why the Tac cut the pro trump side says is awesome is actually stupid as hell. (tax reform would of been good tax cuts for business. and middle class to low income tax cuts but it became a give away.

          So right now the middle class is getting forced out of where they live due to Trumps tax cuts due to housing prices rising so quickly without a corresponding increase of pay for the non rich.

          btw most of the good things cited were occurring under Obama and trending in a good way before Trump. It just Trump is a master at propaganda good and bad and knows how to take credit for things.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

            The latest tax bill reduced my taxes per month by about $200. I consider that significant. If that's raising the deficit, then let's abolish some government agencies and lay off those government workers. I'm not rich by any means, so claiming the tax bill the middle class got nothing is hyperbole.
            but your cost of living has more than likely increased more than 200 bucks without you noticing it. Since it is nickle and dimining ya

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

              The latest tax bill reduced my taxes per month by about $200. I consider that significant. If that's raising the deficit, then let's abolish some government agencies and lay off those government workers. I'm not rich by any means, so claiming the tax bill the middle class got nothing is hyperbole.
              I said the middle class should have gotten a lot more, the problem is that the republicans in congress don't care about the middle class. Hence giving the wealthiest all the benefits and the middle class gets crumbs that expire. There are no middle class policies in the republican party.

              The republican elitists use their media outlets to take advantage of the vulnerable populace. Frightening people into supporting corporate policies over middle class ones.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by craven View Post

                but your cost of living has more than likely increased more than 200 bucks without you noticing it. Since it is nickle and dimining ya
                Exactly. You'll be paying more for everything. Take states that don't have income tax. It sure is nice to not have to pay additional taxes on top of federal. But you'll be paying more in the long run. Property taxes, etc are always super high in these states.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by craven View Post

                  I have posted numerous things about in regards to inflation and income
                  Various things on the Economy and why the Tac cut the pro trump side says is awesome is actually stupid as hell. (tax reform would of been good tax cuts for business. and middle class to low income tax cuts but it became a give away.

                  So right now the middle class is getting forced out of where they live due to Trumps tax cuts due to housing prices rising so quickly without a corresponding increase of pay for the non rich.

                  btw most of the good things cited were occurring under Obama and trending in a good way before Trump. It just Trump is a master at propaganda good and bad and knows how to take credit for things.
                  I live in a blue state and am one of those who will be hurt by Trump's tax plan.
                  However, I am more hurt by the taxes I pay for the pleasure of living here.
                  I just looked at my property tax bill and noticed that I now pay more in property taxes than I do for the mortgage. His plan didn't create those high taxes, they just made them more costly to me.

                  Obama didn't create the current economy. I believe he slowed the recovery and trump helped to accelerate it. (arguably)
                  Regardless, despite the fact that presidents take credit or blame for the economy it is now something beyond their ability to control, except maybe in a negative way. The global economy now just has too many parts to it for a president to control. You can't legislate prosperity, but you can get out of the way and let it happen.

                  Trump's policies didn't create rising home prices (usually a good thing) market demand did that.
                  I'm sure people are being squeezed by the economy but that isn't something that Trump did in a direct sense. It isa consequence of demand and a growing economy. Which are usually good things.
                  Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                  Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

                    I said the middle class should have gotten a lot more, the problem is that the republicans in congress don't care about the middle class. Hence giving the wealthiest all the benefits and the middle class gets crumbs that expire. There are no middle class policies in the republican party.

                    The republican elitists use their media outlets to take advantage of the vulnerable populace. Frightening people into supporting corporate policies over middle class ones.
                    Oh boy....yet another one. Sigh.
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X