Student loan fiascoe ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The "G" in "government" stands for "giveaway. The taxpayers are not supposed to be paying back the loans - the students themselves are - but there is no enforcement or collection within the program. Bad credit rating? Makes me laugh. Credit is a joke these days and more and more businesses don't care what your credit rating is, they just want to sign you up and get you on the hook.
    You are badly out of touch.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Federal student loans are a clear example of federal overreach- there's simply nothing in Article I, Section 8 that can be distorted, twisted or interpreted to justify this action. But we've accepted it, and now we have to live with the unintended consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

You are badly out of touch.
        No...just old enough to remember how it's supposed to work. I got my college through the GI Bill and the military PA prrgram, which is far more "expensive" than any civilian college can ever be. The civilians don't actually expect you you to die if ordered to do so, and they don't send you "downrange"!

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

No...just old enough to remember how it's supposed to work. I got my college through the GI Bill and the military PA prrgram, which is far more "expensive" than any civilian college can ever be. The civilians don't actually expect you you to die if ordered to do so, and they don't send you "downrange"!

No, you're just old.

The GI Bill is still around.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X