United States-Mexico Trade Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    Maybe if I break it down this way, you'll understand what my point was. Hint...overall exports.

I suppose your post would make sense if this thread wasn't specifically about the US-Mexico agreement.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

You misunderstood my post, apparently.

I guess I did. What was your point? You said the trade imbalance is ridiculous, and sunce you are making a surplus I assume you want Canada to import less or export more? Or what is ridiculous about it?
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        It doesn't mean much without Canada. That has to be settled also. If not, it could be nothing more than a lame duck.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/27/polit...eal/index.html
        Settled, with Canada joining:

OCTOBER 1, 2018 / 3:24 AM / UPDATED 41 MINUTES AGO In Trump win, Canada, U.S. deal saves NAFTA as trilateral pact
        [.....]
        While the new United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) avoids tariffs, it will make it harder for global auto makers to build cars cheaply in Mexico and is aimed at bringing more jobs into the United States.

Since talks began more than a year ago, it was clear Canada and Mexico would have to make concessions in the face of Trump’s threats to tear up NAFTA and relief was palpable in both countries on Sunday that the deal was largely intact and had not fractured supply chains between weaker bilateral agreements.

“It’s a good day for Canada,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told reporters after a late-night cabinet meeting to discuss the deal, which triggered a jump in global financial markets.

In a joint statement, Canada and the United States said it would “result in freer markets, fairer trade and robust economic growth in our region”.
        [.....]
        https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKCN1MA0UJ

Last edited by At ease; 01 Oct 18, 04:32.
        "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
        "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
        — Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X