• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Cruz and Alex Jones

Ted Cruz is defending Alex Jones-why?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0348585fe5ce9
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

And Cruz is absolutely right, think about it!

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Ted Cruz is not "defending Alex Jones" He is commenting on FB's suppression of free speech.

Ted explains it himself:
      Am no fan of Jones — among other things he has a habit of repeatedly slandering my Dad by falsely and absurdly accusing him of killing JFK — but who the hell made Facebook the arbiter of political speech? Free speech includes views you disagree with. #1A https://mashable.com/2018/07/27/alex-jones-30-day-ban/ …

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

And Cruz is wrong...

And Facebook can ban anyone it wishes, just as internet sites such as this one can.
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          And Cruz is wrong...

And Facebook can ban anyone it wishes, just as internet sites such as this one can.
          Yes, they can ban anyone they chose. They just seem be rather selective in who they ban.

An example from Twitter.
          So if Dana Loesch has to have her children murdered before she’ll understand, I guess that’s what needs to happen.”
          That statement was curiously not determined be a violation of twitter's TOS.

The more they do this the more likely they will end up being regulated by the government.
          Given the power and reach of the internet, (conservative) content based bans are something we should all oppose.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I bet if Facebook started banning the Left, there'd be a massive outcry about free speech and how it is being suppressed...

Comment

I have to agree with Cambronne on this one. Facebook should be evenhanded in their operations. Either ban the idiots on both sides or don't ban either of them. I know the 1st Amendment doesn't apply to private businesses, but it's the proper way to handle things.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                I have to agree with Cambronne on this one. Facebook should be evenhanded in their operations. Either ban the idiots on both sides or don't ban either of them. I know the 1st Amendment doesn't apply to private businesses, but it's the proper way to handle things.
                They are incapable of having fair discussions. Liberalism can't stand the scrutiny of logical thought. Look at the stuff Sargon of Akkad has gone through, why? Because he's a real liberal in the classical sense and the progs can't handle what he says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhgzlSsBIWA
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  And Cruz is wrong...

No, Cruz is right and You are wrong, I don't know what your deal is with conservatives and Republicans lately, but you are wrong on this count!
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

As an aside, Facebook finally got around to banning various groups in Myanmar that were advocating the Rohingya genocide. It only took the UN and various governments putting pressure on them. But, you're a Right wing nutter in the US... WHAM! Banned for life in a nanosecond!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

No, Cruz is right and You are wrong, I don't know what your deal is with conservatives and Republicans lately, but you are wrong on this count!
                      I have problems with anyone who either supports people or actions that hurt the United States. Party and ideology to my mind is not an operative goal-nation should always come first. Trump and Clinton are equally bad, as are others on both sides of the 'aisle.' I don't care for Cruz because he ended up supporting Trump who had falsely accused his father. That's a game-ender for me. Anyone who falsely accuses someone is beyond the Pale and it not someone I would support. Cruz is a wuss and Trump is much, much worse. Hopefully Cruz will not be reelected. He's two-faced and smarmy and not one I would either trust or admire. What party he belongs to is irrelevant.

Comment

FWIW, Bill Maher also said that Jones has a right to speak. So even liberals are saying the same thing.
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          I bet if Facebook started banning the Left, there'd be a massive outcry about free speech and how it is being suppressed...
                          Oh they already have. Facebook guidelines are actually more right leaning than left, but the MSM won't tell you that.

https://www.theroot.com/facebook-wil...lac-1796489616

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                            FWIW, Bill Maher also said that Jones has a right to speak. So even liberals are saying the same thing.
                            And yet, we have Cuomo and New York trying to suppress the 1st Amendment rights of the NRA , so not all liberals are saying the same thing. Especially those in power.
                            By the way, even the ACLU has taken the side of the NRA.

In the ACLU’s view, targeting a nonprofit advocacy group and seeking to deny it financial services because it promotes a lawful activity (the use of guns) violates the First Amendment. Because we believe the governor’s actions, as alleged, threaten the First Amendment rights of all advocacy organizations, the ACLU on Friday filed a friend-of-the-court brief supporting the NRA’s right to have its day in court.
                            https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speec...litical-speech

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Yes, they can ban anyone they chose. They just seem be rather selective in who they ban.

An example from Twitter.
                              So if Dana Loesch has to have her children murdered before she’ll understand, I guess that’s what needs to happen.”
                              That statement was curiously not determined be a violation of twitter's TOS.

The more they do this the more likely they will end up being regulated by the government.
                              Given the power and reach of the internet, (conservative) content based bans are something we should all oppose.
                              Masenna says FB

You say Twitter.

Neither one applies to 1st amendment rights.
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X