Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least it wasn't a school

This sort of report is becoming depressingly familiar

Several people have been killed in a mass shooting at an entertainment complex in Jacksonville, Florida, police say

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45315970
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

I don't know why FL is so screwed up, I suspect its something in the water or some other environmental toxin.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      I don't know why FL is so screwed up, I suspect its something in the water or some other environmental toxin.
      Its the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        There's 20,000 murders a year. How many do you hear about?

The media simply cherry picks the ones they want to talk about. Chicago has 75 shootings in a single weekend (not unusual for them) and it's a brief note in the papers. Baltimore is having it's bloodiest year in decades, and it doesn't make the news.

Who knows why the media is reporting only Florida.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
          This sort of report is becoming depressingly familiar

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45315970
          Copycat strikes again. In a world with an ever expanding population, and a near instantaneous exchange if information and ideas this is going to happen again and again. Guns, bombs, automobiles, poisonings, and so forth and such like are the foul offspring of the Communications Age. Nothing will ever prevent all the people hell bent on destruction from obtaining their goals from time to time. Such is life.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

The media simply cherry picks the ones they want to talk about. Chicago has 75 shootings in a single weekend (not unusual for them) and it's a brief note in the papers. Baltimore is having it's bloodiest year in decades, and it doesn't make the news.

They blame Florida for 2000.

How many died last year in traffic accidents in the U.S.? 49,000 or thereabouts? Strange no blame is attached to AAA and State Farm.

Tuebor

Comment

How many lives were saved last year from auto and trucks?
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                Please elaborate. "From," or "By."

I get your point, but the point stands the same for firearms. In the end, there really is no way to know for certain, but it is very safe to say the number exceeds many times those lost from either.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Multiple fatalities at once.

But also because we can identify with the victims. Most of the killings you mention in Chicago will be gangstaa killing each other or their associates.
                  Whereas many of us have either been to one of these events or know someone who has. Even more so with the school shootings. We have all been to school and most have children at or soon to start or have been to school.
                  "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post

Multiple fatalities at once.

But also because we can identify with the victims. Most of the killings you mention in Chicago will be gangstaa killing each other or their associates.
                    Whereas many of us have either been to one of these events or know someone who has. Even more so with the school shootings. We have all been to school and most have children at or soon to start or have been to school.
                    Most of the killings in Chicago are bystanders. Nearly half are from gang-bangers firing into crowds at parties or clubs, producing multiple deaths and woundings. Nearly one hundred children under ten have been killed by stray gunfire since the start of the year, including many at school functions.

But they're black, so they don't matter to liberals.

No, Tubor has the right of it: the media is hammering Florida because it is a red state, and because of 2000.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

You sure this just wasn't part of them playing Grand Theft Auto...?

Comment

Jacksonville, Chicago, nothing new. Hey Tactikill, nothing to say here? Of course not...can't blame whitey for this.....
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

My condolences for the victims and their families, BTW the shooter ate his gun, and we are due for another gun control Thread.
                          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

Just ignore him.
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X