• Show
Clear All

• Half Pint John
    replied
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden...183809269.html

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    Some folks are just low-lifes and enjoy taking cheap shots at people they don't like or with whom they disagree.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Just fools of history. The accident has been disproved for such a long time and the nuts still don't know how to do the least bit of research. QUESTION, why would the Navy try to hide this case?

Leave a comment:

• MSGT MSC USAR
    replied
    I cannot believe people would be so low on smearing with fake facts. It makes my blood boil.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factc...cid=spartanntp

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
    Sorry
    I skimmed through a few pages. I saw nothing about it being specially designated as a condolence thread or any warnings.
    Next time delete the post.

Once there is discovery, then action should have been taken.

Even if you could not have deleted, you could have posted as such and requested Staff assistance in deletion.

ACG Staff

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Best McCain line I've heard to date was attributed to his USNA classmate, Adm Chuck Larson, something to the effect of, it was hard being John McCain's wingman -- and it got even harder after midnight.

McCain had a wicked sense of humor -- frankly a bit much for most Americans -- but since journos talk "off the record" as much as politicians, I was lucky enough to hear a lot of McCain's zingers over the years.

Right or wrong, it's looking like McCain was the last link to Barry Goldwater, "The Godfather of American Conservatism."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-conservatism/

I didn't always agree with McCain -- as a matter of fact, in recent years I agreed with him less and less -- but you always knew where he stood, and no matter how hard you tried, no matter how royally he fouled up, you could never hold a grudge against him. He was too affable, too romantic, too funny, too sincere, to ever been the object of a grudge for more than a day. In the end, I always had to like him. And I never stopped respecting him.

John McCain will be sorely missed.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    Look again...

Leave a comment:

• BorderRuffian
    replied
    Sorry
    I skimmed through a few pages. I saw nothing about it being specially designated as a condolence thread or any warnings.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
    He voted to repeal Obamacare dozens of times and ran against it in his campaigns, but when he had the opportunity to make that vote count he let us down.

Why? All I can think of is-

1. Give Trump the middle finger.
    2. Be the Darling of the Media one more time.

In other words - he did something for himself instead of the country.

That's how I will remember him.
    What part of leaving politics out of this thread do you people NOTunderstand?

If you have nothing good to say about the man, bite you tongue and do not post in this thread.

NO POLITICS, NO TRUMP, NO GOP, NO DEM.

So many of you ignored my previous warning that I would have to ban half of our active memberships, but I chose to delete all those posts THIS ONE LAST TIME.

This shall be the final warning for all of you to comply. Show some common decency and let a condolence thread REMAIN a condolence thread. ANYTHING else is off-topic and proscribed.

ACG Staff

PS. Public commentary about Staff Action WAS/IS/AND ALWAYS will be proscribed. Don't push your luck.

Leave a comment:

• BorderRuffian
    replied

Did you think I was joking or merely suggesting?

Or is reading comprehension a challenge?

Or is rebellion somehow a root cause for you to defy rules and directives?

Have a nice vacation.

ACG Staff

Last edited by Salinator; 28 Aug 18, 20:36.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    In John McCain's words:

'If you find faults with our country, make it a better one. If you’re disappointed with the mistakes of government, join its ranks and work to correct them. Enlist in our armed forces. Become a teacher. Enter the ministry. Run for public office. Feed a hungry child. Teach an illiterate adult to read. Comfort the afflicted. Defend the rights of the oppressed. Our country will be the better, and you will be the happier. Because nothing brings greater happiness in life than to serve a cause greater than yourself.”' - Senator John McCain

Last words

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mccain-ta...185922627.html

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied
    Excellent sight to see,

Leave a comment:

• American87
    replied
    I don’t wanna make my thoughts known right now. The historians of later days will have lots to say

Edit- I just noticed all the red text. I hope I’m within bounds here.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    In John McCain's words:

'If you find faults with our country, make it a better one. If you’re disappointed with the mistakes of government, join its ranks and work to correct them. Enlist in our armed forces. Become a teacher. Enter the ministry. Run for public office. Feed a hungry child. Teach an illiterate adult to read. Comfort the afflicted. Defend the rights of the oppressed. Our country will be the better, and you will be the happier. Because nothing brings greater happiness in life than to serve a cause greater than yourself.”' - Senator John McCain

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X