Demise of the battery car and Tesla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

GPS can get whacked. I knew someone that was driving from DC to Baltimore and ended up in western Maryland. I use google maps when I need directions; it helps to have a general idea what route you're going.
    GPS is but an aide. It can be a useful aide, but it's hardly infallible. GPS is most effective when it's used in conjunction with maps viewed in advance, and if personal experience can be added to the mix then you should be golden.

Another trait that I've noticed about Jersey folk (poor Gixxer is going to start feeling persecuted very soon ) is that they do not observe the country through which they travel. Consequently they take no note of directions and landmarks, and they are unable to repeat the journey at a later time. When I first took my missus Upstate to meet my paternal uncle and my cousins, after having not been there myself after many years, Mrs Slick was amazed that after four-some hours on the road that I was able to pull into my uncle's driveway without having referenced a map once. To me it seemed natural, even though the lapse had been six or seven years. To her it was a magic trick. That might explain my niece getting lost last night, even though she's visited my home a number of times over the years.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

[QUOTE=Stonewall_Jack;n5056196]

Yes its good news, its a start. A few hundred folk in PA have been able to get steel jobs back, the types of American jobs which unlike Tesla offer employees a Union and Protection. Hope is that tens of thousands in PA area ,

Or the automatic robot machines will be doing their work....dream along boys the days of big hireings is over....the machines took your jobs away so you had better go back to school and learn a trade that can be of use in todays world.....

Toulon France

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
        Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Yes its good news, its a start. A few hundred folk in PA have been able to get steel jobs back, the types of American jobs which unlike Tesla offer employees a Union and Protection. Hope is that tens of thousands in PA area ,
        Or the automatic robot machines will be doing their work....dream along boys the days of big hireings is over....the machines took your jobs away so you had better go back to school and learn a trade that can be of use in todays world.....
        Jack thinks we should be training for yesterday's jobs. Why isn't the US Navy training her swabbies to furl yardarms? Why isn't the US Army training soldiers to prime flintlocks? Why aren't we employing battalions of real street sweepers

instead of those new-fangled machines?

Maybe we should retrain truck driver to drive teams of horses, which will at least keep the street-sweepers busy sweeping up horse sh*t? Wells Fargo can go back to driving stage coaches. We can eschew email and restart the Pony Express. It'd certainly employ more people. Banning the printing press and replacing it with legions of scribes: that'd employ more people. While we're at it we can take our Negros and retrain them in the art of picking cotton. Lousy John Daniel and Mack Donald Rust and their infernal mechanical cotton picker, unemploying millions of sharecroppers. Why don't we just arrest progress and lock our economy in amber?

Yes, Jack pines for the glory of a manual economy, from the comfort of his digital computer. Try and beat that for irony.

Comment

Only the stupid liberal ones.
          Then you're not a capitalist, but most conservatives nowadays aren't anyway. There's also nothing that really makes Tesla a liberal or conservative company. We don't know what their political values are.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Gee, you must have missed all the reporting of toxic management these days. Unions can protect against the assholes that are in leadership positions that have no clue.
            Doesn't change their overall function to keep wages high and prevent firings or layoffs, however. And history clearly shows us that non-union businesses do quite well, while major union outfits are often folding and dying out.

The unions were useful in their time, but that time is long past. Now they act more like a bake on the economy than a protection for workers.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
              Then you're not a capitalist, but most conservatives nowadays aren't anyway.
              The "free market" is really only a slogan these days. Ours is a "corporatist" economy. Depending on one's point of view, it's either the best of both worlds, or it's the worst.

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
              There's also nothing that really makes Tesla a liberal or conservative company. We don't know what their political values are.
              You're probably right, but there are two things that we do know: 1) Tesla has applied and received significant help from the Federal gov't, in the form of tax deferments, buyer incentives, and low interest loans; and 2) the Tesla brand enjoys a genuine cachet among a certain milieu, the kind that patronizes Starbucks and waits on long lines when new Apple products are launched.

Comment

[QUOTE=slick_miester;n5056868]

Jack thinks we should be training for yesterday's jobs. Why isn't the US Navy training her swabbies to furl yardarms? Why isn't the US Army training soldiers to prime flintlocks? Why aren't we employing battalions of real street sweepers

Well, the navy could bring back wooden decks...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                  Well, the navy could bring back wooden decks...

And grog. And floggings. And one-legged insane skippers. And impressment. Ahh, the good old days . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

In PA, MA, VT, VA, and NY, I've seen way more enforcement than in NJ. Like what was that old geezer doing driving that school bus in Paramus when he decided to U-turn on I-80?

For PC, try this one on for size: 'bout 22 or 23 years ago, drove from Cape May to Secaucus in under 2hrs. What's that, about 120mi? I was flying. Didn't see any cops 'til the AC Expressway. After that, every gray haired black guy in a Lexus or a Cadillac was getting ticketed by a State Trooper, and I was still flying by at 110mph. Don't know how else to explain that other than selective enforcement on the part of the NJ State Police on the GS Parkway.
                    Damn, Marc, are we going to have to change your name to Tactikill SM?

If only what you posted were true. Would have saved a lot of money over the years.

ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

GPS is but an aide. It can be a useful aide, but it's hardly infallible. GPS is most effective when it's used in conjunction with maps viewed in advance, and if personal experience can be added to the mix then you should be golden.

Another trait that I've noticed about Jersey folk (poor Gixxer is going to start feeling persecuted very soon ) is that they do not observe the country through which they travel. Consequently they take no note of directions and landmarks, and they are unable to repeat the journey at a later time. When I first took my missus Upstate to meet my paternal uncle and my cousins, after having not been there myself after many years, Mrs Slick was amazed that after four-some hours on the road that I was able to pull into my uncle's driveway without having referenced a map once. To me it seemed natural, even though the lapse had been six or seven years. To her it was a magic trick. That might explain my niece getting lost last night, even though she's visited my home a number of times over the years.
                      Certainly don't feel persecuted, I manage to observe the country quite well, thank you. But others.......

Seems to me your point has less to do with Jersey, and more to do with gender.....
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

• Where does Tesla and electric cars fit into this discussion?
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Where does Tesla and electric cars fit into this discussion?
                          Nowhere, MM. We're OT. I pointed that out before, but Im as guilty as the others.
                          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

Certainly don't feel persecuted, I manage to observe the country quite well, thank you. But others.......

Seems to me your point has less to do with Jersey, and more to do with gender.....
                            Father in law, brothers-in-law: they're just as incurious and unobservant. Their idea of directions consists of "follow me." What they leave out is that they're absolutely clueless.

NJ has a reputation as notoriously unfriendly to motorcyclists. In my younger days I suffered a couple of hair-raisers on your side of the Hudson, and nowadays driving there regularly I still find neddlessly stressful. However do you survive there on a motorcycle?

Comment

• Well, maybe this thread is like a Tesla... It's crashed and burned...

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Father in law, brothers-in-law: they're just as incurious and unobservant. Their idea of directions consists of "follow me." What they leave out is that they're absolutely clueless.

NJ has a reputation as notoriously unfriendly to motorcyclists. In my younger days I suffered a couple of hair-raisers on your side of the Hudson, and nowadays driving there regularly I still find neddlessly stressful. However do you survive there on a motorcycle?
                                Well, like I said, NJ has the worst drivers, and therefore produces some of the best.

All joking aside, I'm just as concerned about the deer. They are out of control here in central NJ.
                                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X