Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double standards in how we cover Saudi Arabian and Iranian behavior and statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pamak View Post

They let the Iraqies allies do it.
    By the way, Iran does not have occupation forces in Kurdistan. The territory is still under Iraq's government control.
    Under nominal Iraqi control :the Iranian commander behaves as if he was the commander of the occupation forces ,which he is .
    Besides : there is no reason for the Turks and Iran to be in Iraq, as ISIS is defeated in Iraq,and it was not defeated by Iran /Turkey .

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Under nominal Iraqi control :the Iranian commander behaves as if he was the commander of the occupation forces ,which he is .
      Besides : there is no reason for the Turks and Iran to be in Iraq, as ISIS is defeated in Iraq,and it was not defeated by Iran /Turkey .
      I do not care about your unsubstantiated claims since you have lost any credibility as a commentator in this forum. Show me the facts...I gave you a link with the battle of Kirkuk in 2017 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kirkuk_(2017)

No Iraqie politician will simply offer Iranians the freedom to act like they are commanders within Iraq's territory.
      If the Iraqis WANT the Iranians help in Iraq against the Kurds then Iran has a reason to be at this stage in Iraq, especially since an independent Kurdist state may create problems in Iran. The same is true with Turkey! Both countries have Kurdish populations near their borders with Iraq.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Kurdistan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurds_in_Turkey

Last edited by pamak; 17 Aug 18, 06:09.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Wow, your knowledge is sooooo limited. That area has changed hands several times, and it is a small area of the country, please try again.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Wow, your knowledge is sooooo limited. That area has changed hands several times, and it is a small area of the country, please try again.
          Did you actually read what I posted?

The area is big enough to create the following results:

On 25 October, Reuters reported that humanitarian organizations estimated that the number of Kurds displaced from the city of Tuz Khurmato was 30,000 out of a total population of around 100,000;[43]Amnesty International noted that "satellite images, videos, photos and dozens of testimonies indicate that hundreds of properties were looted, set on fire and destroyed in what appeared to be a targeted attack on predominantly Kurdish areas of the city of about 100,000

I guess when you are far away this does not sound very significant...

Also, I do not care about the region before 2017 and how many times it has changed hands since the US invasion in Iraq. I am talking about events that happened about 10 months ago. If you have any other information about the control of the region TODAY, then share it with us. In the meantime, I will remind you that I was responding to a post claiming that there was Iranian control over the region. Take this in consideration when you post your information...
          Last edited by pamak; 17 Aug 18, 07:01.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• and a quick search of fresh news shows that the Kurds claim that there is an Arabization campaign in Kirkuk. Apparently, they are not aware of your post about Iraq being far away and not exercising any control...

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/9...6-96e528920194

KDP official: 12,000 families settled in Kirkuk as part of 'Arabization'

Kosar Nawzad |
            August 14-2018 05:53 PM

Comment

I do not care about your unsubstantiated claims since you have lost any credibility as a commentator in this forum. Show me the facts...I gave you a link with the battle of Kirkuk in 2017 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kirkuk_(2017)

No Iraqie politician will simply offer Iranians the freedom to act like they are commanders within Iraq's territory.
              If the Iraqis WANT the Iranians help in Iraq against the Kurds then Iran has a reason to be at this stage in Iraq, especially since an independent Kurdist state may create problems in Iran. The same is true with Turkey! Both countries have Kurdish populations near their borders with Iraq.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Kurdistan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurds_in_Turkey
              I do not care about your defense of the allies of ISIS ( Turkey and Iran ) .

Comment

You care enough to reply to my posts. And Turkey and Iran are not ISIS allies. Just because you do not have arguments, it does not mean that you can create your own facts.

Comment

Wat ?

It's pure nonsense.

Iran is one of biggest enemies of ISIS.
                  There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

You care enough to reply to my posts. And Turkey and Iran are not ISIS allies. Just because you do not have arguments, it does not mean that you can create your own facts.
                    Yes they are, the internet is swarming with proofs : how did ISIS Iraq get its supplies ? Not from China, but from the neighbours of Iraq .The same for ISIS Syria.
                    Who is funding the FSA (= ISIS with an other name ) ? Turkey .
                    Who is funding Hamas in Gaza and ISIS in Sinai ? Iran .

The Tower : ''In Sinai ISIS grows with Iran'help .''

Prove that the Tower is wrong .Prove it .
                    Two years ago ,Turkey shot down a Russian aircraft that was taking photos of trucks carrying supplies for ISIS and coming from Turkey .
                    When ISIS was ruling the north of Iraq, Iranian supplies going to Syria were still allowed to pass through the north of Iraq .
                    Last edited by ljadw; 17 Aug 18, 09:28.

Comment

Did you actually read what I posted?

The area is big enough to create the following results:

On 25 October, Reuters reported that humanitarian organizations estimated that the number of Kurds displaced from the city of Tuz Khurmato was 30,000 out of a total population of around 100,000;[43]Amnesty International noted that "satellite images, videos, photos and dozens of testimonies indicate that hundreds of properties were looted, set on fire and destroyed in what appeared to be a targeted attack on predominantly Kurdish areas of the city of about 100,000

I guess when you are far away this does not sound very significant...

Also, I do not care about the region before 2017 and how many times it has changed hands since the US invasion in Iraq. I am talking about events that happened about 10 months ago. If you have any other information about the control of the region TODAY, then share it with us. In the meantime, I will remind you that I was responding to a post claiming that there was Iranian control over the region. Take this in consideration when you post your information...
                      You as always are incorrect; you have to look at the entire picture to understand it, you fail based on lack of knowledge and have just proven that. The only reason that Iraq is occupying the area or allowed to is that it is a disputed area and has been for years. The Kurds historically are entitled to the area; however, no international court will grant their claim because the entire region is in flux. The Kurds need to address the larger issue first which is that they do not have independence. Once independence is resolved, they will have justification to pursue their claim.
                      My worst jump story:
                      No lie.

~
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I do not follow what the labor party say:

My conversation with YOU is about YOUR double standards when you do not criticize Israel for starting a war in 1967 and argue that it had a legitimate reason to defend itself. If you want to accept this line of reasoning then you have to substitute the Israel aggression in 1967 with that of 1948. But predictably, you want to put the whole blame on Arabs for starting a war for legitimate reasons to defend themselves and their land after they were provoked in 1948 while you refuse to do the same when Israel started a war after it was provoked in 1967! It was within this context that I used the statistics from the British Mandate to show that the Arabs were the ones who were provoked in 1948. If you cannot dispute the statistics, then do not start a conversation about which nation has provoked wars in the region!
                        No, that is your conversation with yourself in your own warped reality. You have repeatedly said that Jews do not have the right of self determination nor the right to defend themselves. You would presumably prefer that they had sat meekly by while they were slaughtered, allowing the Arabs to complete the Nazis work. The Jews had as much right of self determination and self defence in 1948 as they did in 1967 or do now. Your denial of that shows your bigotry.
                        In 1948 the UN plan called for one majority Arab state and one majority Jewish state. The Jews accepted the UN plan, the Arabs rejected it and chose war with the aim of destroying the Jews. Despite heavily outnumbering the Israelis the Arabs lost. The Israelis were fully entitled to defend themselves in 1948 and 1967.
                        "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• And about the ties between Turkey and ISIS :
                          ''Isis-Turkey links '' by David L.Phillips from the Institute for the Study of Human Rights .

Comment

and a quick search of fresh news shows that the Kurds claim that there is an Arabization campaign in Kirkuk. Apparently, they are not aware of your post about Iraq being far away and not exercising any control...

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/9...6-96e528920194

KDP official: 12,000 families settled in Kirkuk as part of 'Arabization'

Kosar Nawzad |
                            August 14-2018 05:53 PM

It's been going on for over 40 years if you go back further the entire country was Kurdish until the British ****ed it up with their wheeling and dealing. Please, get some help on the subject before posting again.
                            My worst jump story:
                            No lie.

~
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Yes they are, the internet is swarming with proofs : how did ISIS Iraq get its supplies ? Not from China, but from the neighbours of Iraq .The same for ISIS Syria.
                              Who is funding the FSA (= ISIS with an other name ) ? Turkey .
                              Who is funding Hamas in Gaza and ISIS in Sinai ? Iran .

The Tower : ''In Sinai ISIS grows with Iran'help .''

Prove that the Tower is wrong .Prove it .
                              Two years ago ,Turkey shot down a Russian aircraft that was taking photos of trucks carrying supplies for ISIS and coming from Turkey .
                              When ISIS was ruling the north of Iraq, Iranian supplies going to Syria were still allowed to pass through the north of Iraq .
                              FSA is mostly Western founded. Turkey has his own proxies.

Iran isn't founding ISIS, it has troops in Syria fighting ISIS and they support Hezbollah who also fights ISIS.
                              There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post

No, that is your conversation with yourself in your own warped reality. You have repeatedly said that Jews do not have the right of self determination nor the right to defend themselves. You would presumably prefer that they had sat meekly by while they were slaughtered, allowing the Arabs to complete the Nazis work. The Jews had as much right of self determination and self defence in 1948 as they did in 1967 or do now. Your denial of that shows your bigotry.
                                In 1948 the UN plan called for one majority Arab state and one majority Jewish state. The Jews accepted the UN plan, the Arabs rejected it and chose war with the aim of destroying the Jews. Despite heavily outnumbering the Israelis the Arabs lost. The Israelis were fully entitled to defend themselves in 1948 and 1967.
                                I actually used arguments to say why at the TIME did not have a right of self-determination and I said it repeatedly because you repeatedly tried to justify the Israeli provocations in 1948 by invoking their right of self-determination. Apparently, you forgot this conversation we had. Just because you did not address my arguments, it does not mean that I will let you forget them. And no, the IMMIGRANT Jews of 1948 did not have any right of self-determination when the natives did not want them there. If this is your position, I expect you to support a Muslim immigrant movement in London of "self-determination" for the immigrants or even their first generation descendants there.

.The fact that immigrants do not have the right of self-determination does not change regardless of what the UN plan (which was just a recommendation) said about the Partition. The UN cannot force native people anywhere to share their wealth with foreigners. As you saw from the map I downloaded from the UN, in 1945 the Arab controlled land was bigger than the Jewish controlled one in EVERY SUB_DISTRICT of the Palestine. The above arguments are also sufficient to explain the difference between 1948 and 2017 (clarifying that I still maintain that the Jewish settlers in West Bank do not have a right of self-determination there). I know that the Commonwealth culture has been closely linked to colonial style immigration in which the rights of native people come in second place to those of imigrants, but we have developed enough that today we should detect the BS in any settler's' propaganda.regardless if the latter are Jews or British or Australians. As I showed, there were MORE CHRISTIANS in Palestine than Jews just two decades before the foundation of Israel.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X