Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double standards in how we cover Saudi Arabian and Iranian behavior and statements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing horrible here. Turkey is the best exemple for the ME.
    There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
      In 1960, there was a coup in SJ's Utopia (Turkey ) and the PM was hanged with two of his ministers, 20 years later there was a new coup ,50 people were executed and 650000 were arrested.
      Later there were'' incidents'' in 1971,1993,1997,2003,2004 and 2007, not forgetting what happened in 2016 .
      That's the country that SJ is recommemding us as the US of the ME .
      Part of growing pains even in civil countries, but does not compare to the violence of the Israel-Palestine conflict.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...raeli-conflict

Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Turkey and the US are not alike politically nor are the two governments similar. Turkey had an attempted coup two years ago and many people were jailed without warrant or proof. Erdogan has become essentially a dictator and freedom of the press has been suppressed.

All governments are fallible and make errors, just as heads of state do. But the resilience of systems of government, especially in western democracies, which Turkey is not, is what is important.
        Kevin, we disagree on certain domestic issues, but not here.

I am quite concerned about Incerlik. The nukes stored there, if they stiil are, are the number one concern.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

Kevin, we disagree on certain domestic issues, but not here.

I am quite concerned about Incerlik. The nukes stored there, if they stiil are, are the number one concern.
          +1 here!
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I don't think anyone except the turks like where turkey is heading with erdogan. Given that the economy is about to crash the turks might soon change their minds as well.
            Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Israel also has two under its belt: One during the Suez Crisis and one during the 1967 Six Day War.
              I do not count Lebanon...
              The Six day war was not a war of aggression.
              The Eqyptians blockaded Israeli ports in May 1967 and mobilised their army. Blockading a country's ports is an act of war. The Israeli response was entirely legitimate. Not aggression.

same applies to 1956 Egypt blocked the straits to Israeli ships, an act of war. So your two examples are false.
              Last edited by Surrey; 14 Aug 18, 14:00.
              "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

The Six-Day War was a preemptive attack by the Israelis against nations that were preparing for war against them. That isn't aggression, that is self-defense.
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                  The Six day war was not a war of aggression.
                  The Eqyptians blockaded Israeli ports in May 1967 and mobilised their army. Blockading a country's ports is an act of war. The Israeli response was entirely legitimate. Not aggression.
                  There had been similar tensions in the past without an all out war: See the events in 1960

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotem_Crisis
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

There had been similar tensions in the past without an all out war: See the events in 1960

The Soviets were forcing a war Israel had to act first or else suffer even more before the Arab countries attacked first.

Comment

The legal Causus Belli was the blockade. The mobilisation gave further justification and the requirement for a rapid response.

"To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post

The legal Causus Belli was the blockade. The mobilisation gave further justification and the requirement for a rapid response.
                        Funny that you talk about the blockade giving justification for war. I assume that this is not the case when Gaza is under siege for years!
                        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post

The Soviets were forcing a war Israel had to act first or else suffer even more before the Arab countries attacked first.
                          Soviets again ? Wow. Are you sure that there is no Soviets udner your bed ?

Comment

Funny that you talk about the blockade giving justification for war. I assume that this is not the case when Gaza is under siege for years!
                            When the whole world wants to murder every single one of you, you are entitled to do whatever it takes. Difference is that you never here the Israelis whining about it.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

And why the whole world wants to murder you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post

Soviets again ? Wow. Are you sure that there is no Soviets udner your bed ?
                                The sheer ignorance is strong in you amateur.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X