Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double standards in how we cover Saudi Arabian and Iranian behavior and statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowshoveler
    replied
    Originally posted by Emtos View Post

Yeah, the lame name calling.
    Lame was your attempt to discredit my post.
    Last edited by Snowshoveler; 14 Aug 18, 15:54.

Leave a comment:

• Emtos
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post

The sheer ignorance is strong in you amateur.
    Yeah, the lame name calling.

Leave a comment:

• Snowshoveler
    replied
    Originally posted by Emtos View Post

Soviets again ? Wow. Are you sure that there is no Soviets udner your bed ?
    The sheer ignorance is strong in you amateur.

Leave a comment:

• Emtos
    replied
    And why the whole world wants to murder you ?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by pamak View Post

Funny that you talk about the blockade giving justification for war. I assume that this is not the case when Gaza is under siege for years!
    When the whole world wants to murder every single one of you, you are entitled to do whatever it takes. Difference is that you never here the Israelis whining about it.

Leave a comment:

• Emtos
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post

The Soviets were forcing a war Israel had to act first or else suffer even more before the Arab countries attacked first.
    Soviets again ? Wow. Are you sure that there is no Soviets udner your bed ?

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrey View Post

The legal Causus Belli was the blockade. The mobilisation gave further justification and the requirement for a rapid response.
    Funny that you talk about the blockade giving justification for war. I assume that this is not the case when Gaza is under siege for years!

Leave a comment:

• Surrey
    replied

There had been similar tensions in the past without an all out war: See the events in 1960

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotem_Crisis
    The legal Causus Belli was the blockade. The mobilisation gave further justification and the requirement for a rapid response.

Leave a comment:

• Snowshoveler
    replied

There had been similar tensions in the past without an all out war: See the events in 1960

The Soviets were forcing a war Israel had to act first or else suffer even more before the Arab countries attacked first.

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrey View Post
    The Six day war was not a war of aggression.
    The Eqyptians blockaded Israeli ports in May 1967 and mobilised their army. Blockading a country's ports is an act of war. The Israeli response was entirely legitimate. Not aggression.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    The Six-Day War was a preemptive attack by the Israelis against nations that were preparing for war against them. That isn't aggression, that is self-defense.

Leave a comment:

• Surrey
    replied

Israel also has two under its belt: One during the Suez Crisis and one during the 1967 Six Day War.
    I do not count Lebanon...
    The Six day war was not a war of aggression.
    The Eqyptians blockaded Israeli ports in May 1967 and mobilised their army. Blockading a country's ports is an act of war. The Israeli response was entirely legitimate. Not aggression.

same applies to 1956 Egypt blocked the straits to Israeli ships, an act of war. So your two examples are false.
    Last edited by Surrey; 14 Aug 18, 14:00.

Leave a comment:

• Karri
    replied
    I don't think anyone except the turks like where turkey is heading with erdogan. Given that the economy is about to crash the turks might soon change their minds as well.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post

Kevin, we disagree on certain domestic issues, but not here.

I am quite concerned about Incerlik. The nukes stored there, if they stiil are, are the number one concern.
    +1 here!

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post

Turkey and the US are not alike politically nor are the two governments similar. Turkey had an attempted coup two years ago and many people were jailed without warrant or proof. Erdogan has become essentially a dictator and freedom of the press has been suppressed.

All governments are fallible and make errors, just as heads of state do. But the resilience of systems of government, especially in western democracies, which Turkey is not, is what is important.
    Kevin, we disagree on certain domestic issues, but not here.

I am quite concerned about Incerlik. The nukes stored there, if they stiil are, are the number one concern.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X