Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double standards in how we cover Saudi Arabian and Iranian behavior and statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Iran probably isn't concerned with a Kurdish independent state. Actually, they might unofficially support it.
    Is this from your "sources"?
    Did you see the map with the kurdish population in Iran?

Here it is...

Iranian-ethno-languages-map.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Kurdistan

Iranian Kurdistan, or Eastern Kurdistan (Kurdish: RojhilatÍ KurdistanÍ, ڕۆژھەڵاتی کوردستان‎), is an unofficial name for the parts of northwestern Iran inhabited by Kurds which borders Iraq and Turkey. It includes the West Azerbaijan Province,[note 1]Kurdistan Province, Kermanshah Province, Ilam Province[2][3][4] and Hamadan Province.[5] There is also a significant Kurdish population in the North Khorasan Province.[6][7]

Kurds generally consider Iranian Kurdistan (Eastern Kurdistan) to be one of the four parts of a proposed Kurdistan state, which also includes parts of southeastern Turkey (Northern Kurdistan), northern Syria (Western Kurdistan) and northern Iraq (Southern Kurdistan).[8]
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post

Is this from your sources?
      Did you see the map with the kurdish population in Iran?

Here it is...

Iranian-ethno-languages-map.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Kurdistan

Iranian Kurdistan, or Eastern Kurdistan (Kurdish: RojhilatÍ KurdistanÍ, ڕۆژھەڵاتی کوردستان‎), is an unofficial name for the parts of northwestern Iran inhabited by Kurds which borders Iraq and Turkey. It includes the West Azerbaijan Province,[note 1]Kurdistan Province, Kermanshah Province, Ilam Province[2][3][4] and Hamadan Province.[5] There is also a significant Kurdish population in the North Khorasan Province.[6][7]

Kurds generally consider Iranian Kurdistan (Eastern Kurdistan) to be one of the four parts of a proposed Kurdistan state, which also includes parts of southeastern Turkey (Northern Kurdistan), northern Syria (Western Kurdistan) and northern Iraq (Southern Kurdistan).[8]
      Really? Gee, I've even met some.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Really? Gee, I've even met some.
        This is a comment which does not explain why you believe that Iranians might even support unofficially an independent Kurdistan when Iran has a Kurdish population near its borders with Iraq.
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

This is a comment which does not explain why you believe that Iranians might even support unofficially an independent Kurdistan when Iran has a Kurdish population near its borders with Iraq.
          You need my help?
          My worst jump story:
          No lie.

~
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

You need my help?
            You actually need help to support your positions

Comment

You actually need help to support your positions
              I actually don't, but you do.
              My worst jump story:
              No lie.

~
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• There are 8 million of Kurds in Iran, more than in Iraq, that's why Iran has invaded Kurdistan, NOT to expel ISIS,both ISIS and Iran had the same strategy: prevent the creation of a Kurdish state .When the Kurds were organising last year an independence referendum, the chief of the Iranian RGC (the Iranian SS ) was going to Kurdistan to threaten the Kurds if they would organise this referendum ,and the Iranian occupation forces in Kurdistan were alerted : there are still Iranian military in Kurdistan AFTER the elimination of ISIS .
                ISIS and Turkey/Iran were objective allies in Iraq, as they are still in Syria :all three of them are fighting against the Kurds .

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                  There are 8 million of Kurds in Iran, more than in Iraq, that's why Iran has invaded Kurdistan, NOT to expel ISIS,both ISIS and Iran had the same strategy: prevent the creation of a Kurdish state .When the Kurds were organising last year an independence referendum, the chief of the Iranian RGC (the Iranian SS ) was going to Kurdistan to threaten the Kurds if they would organise this referendum ,and the Iranian occupation forces in Kurdistan were alerted : there are still Iranian military in Kurdistan AFTER the elimination of ISIS .
                  ISIS and Turkey/Iran were objective allies in Iraq, as they are still in Syria :all three of them are fighting against the Kurds .

I do not care about your claims. Give facts to refute the fact that Iran and Kurds wee both fighting against ISIS

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-de...ces-1402592470

Iran Deploys Forces to Fight al Qaeda-Inspired Militants in Iraq

Revolutionary Guard Forces Help Iraqi Troops Win Back Control of Most of Tikrit, Sources Say

Comment

• What sources ? Iranian sources probably .

Comment

• From the Hill (anti Trump, pro Hillary and pro Iran, thus a favourite of Pamak ):''How Iran aides the Afghan Taliban under the nose of America ''
                      ''Reports of deep Iranian-Taliban relations dating back to June 2015 indicate how the Obama administration turned a blind eye to this very troubling phenomenon .''

'' Such a relationship with the Afghan Taliban reveals the bogus nature of Iran's claims of fighting terrorism and ISIS in Syria and Iraq . ''

BOGUS BLIND EYE !!!

Of course, the readers of the apologists of Iran (Wapo, Independent/Guardian, NYT ), their henchmen in Greece ( Tsipras ) and the usual anti-semites will deny this with all the available hypocrisy , as they hide the fact that the Iranian secret police has collaborated with one of the greatest terrorists of the ME : Imad Mughniyeh .

Comment

What sources ? Iranian sources probably .
                        You do not make sense! You can read that I used WSJ. Until you give your source for your claims, you have not established any case. Your words mean nothing!

Comment

From the Hill (anti Trump, pro Hillary and pro Iran, thus a favourite of Pamak ):''How Iran aides the Afghan Taliban under the nose of America ''
                          ''Reports of deep Iranian-Taliban relations dating back to June 2015 indicate how the Obama administration turned a blind eye to this very troubling phenomenon .''

'' Such a relationship with the Afghan Taliban reveals the bogus nature of Iran's claims of fighting terrorism and ISIS in Syria and Iraq . ''

BOGUS BLIND EYE !!!

Of course, the readers of the apologists of Iran (Wapo, Independent/Guardian, NYT ), their henchmen in Greece ( Tsipras ) and the usual anti-semites will deny this with all the available hypocrisy , as they hide the fact that the Iranian secret police has collaborated with one of the greatest terrorists of the ME : Imad Mughniyeh .
                          First paragraph from your source

Iranís Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) has been active amongst Taliban terrorists opposing the Afghan government, Radio France International website reported on Tuesday citing Farah Province officials in western Afghanistan.

Citing Afghan officials without any farther evidence! So, we just have rumors...

Meanwhile

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-south-asia-11451718

Who are the Taliban?

It is commonly believed that they first appeared in religious seminaries - mostly paid for by money from Saudi Arabia - which preached a hard line form of Sunni Islam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran

Iran
                          Today, TwelverShia Islam is the official state religion, to which about 90% to 95%[367][368] of the population adhere.

On top of the above observation of the Shia Iran vs the Sunni Taliban , the evidence is clear that Iran fought against ISIS!

Ohh, and you have to add WSJ to your list of the Deep State newspapers because that was the source I used!

You can add FOX News also which even though is known for its bigotry against Iran it also reported the same thing

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06...n-attacks.html

Iran launches strikes against ISIS in Syria in response to Tehran attacks

Now try to go somewhere else to exploit the Holocaust making cheap propaganda to support your bigotry against Iran! I give facts based on evidence reported by newspapers, including those that are not friendly to Iran. You give rumors that do not match the available evidence! The fact that you accuse me of being antisemitic just because you want to reject the facts I present is just another low point in your usual tactics! You like it or not, reality is more complex, and yes, Iran fights against a natural enemy -ISIS. This does not mean that they want an independent Kurdistan! I was the first who said that and even argued with the person (101combatvet) who tried to claim that Iran may actually want an independent Kurdistan!
                          Last edited by pamak; 21 Aug 18, 07:15.

Comment

• Iran defends the Holocaust,you defends Iran .....
                            The attacks on Tehran were the work of Iranian Shia Kurds who had joined ISIS .
                            You know nothing about the ME : ISIS is not fighting Shia, but Sunni, as the Kurds.The majority of the Iraqi are Shia, but they fought against Shia Iran during the Iran/Iraq war .The number of Sunni killed by ISIS is much bigger than the number of Shia killed by ISIS.
                            There are a lot of sources who prove that ISIS and Iran are tied : The Trumpet ''The Islamic State and Iran on the same team . ''

The WSJ is the journal of the anti Trump GOP establishment and is very friendly to Soros, thus to Deep State .Two years ago,the WSJ endorsed Hillary Clinton : on November 6 2016 it attacked Trump,but not Hillary .. We know enough .Not to be surprised from a liberal journal that defends open borders = mass immigration to keep wages low .

Comment

Iran defends the Holocaust,you defends Iran .....
                              The attacks on Tehran were the work of Iranian Shia Kurds who had joined ISIS .
                              You know nothing about the ME : ISIS is not fighting Shia, but Sunni, as the Kurds.The majority of the Iraqi are Shia, but they fought against Shia Iran during the Iran/Iraq war .The number of Sunni killed by ISIS is much bigger than the number of Shia killed by ISIS.
                              There are a lot of sources who prove that ISIS and Iran are tied : The Trumpet ''The Islamic State and Iran on the same team . ''

The WSJ is the journal of the anti Trump GOP establishment and is very friendly to Soros, thus to Deep State .Two years ago,the WSJ endorsed Hillary Clinton : on November 6 2016 it attacked Trump,but not Hillary .. We know enough .Not to be surprised from a liberal journal that defends open borders = mass immigration to keep wages low .
                              I defend FACTS!

Also, wait a minute! If Kurds joined ISIS, are you claiming that the US supports ISIS since we support the Kurds?

More than that, as I showed from multiple sources (including FOX News), Iran attacked ISIS is Syria and not the Kurds!

But let's say that you are right! So, let's say that ISIS collaborated with the Kurds (which contradicts your previous claim that Iran actually collaborated with ISIS against the Kurds). Then what is your problem with Iran trying to prevent the establishment of an independent Kurdistan? That would seem the most prudent action for a nation that saw ISIS collaborating with the Kurds!

As I said before, I do not care what you claim. I care about facts! Basically you demonstrate that you know nothing about how to evaluate sources! We are talking about a region in which there are terrorists, independent movements, Shias and Sunnis, opposition movements and sooo many different agendas that different people serve, and you are ready to SWALLOW whatever BS allegation you hear by someone in Middle East against his enemies even if it cannot be corroborated by other pieces of evidence!

You do the same thing Americans did in 2002 when they swallowed everything that some Iraqi defectors said about the WMD in Iraq. Later we learned that these Iraqi defectors were among the most unreliable sources, and they would say anything just to force a regime change because THAT was their agenda. But people who saw Saddam as evil (and he WAS) were ready to accept anything that confirmed that belief (confirmation bias ). Still, just because the defectors were the good guys and Saddam was clearly the bad guy, it does not mean that we got the truth from those good guys. In the end, their exaggerations and often clear lies played a significant role in having us starting an unnecessary war against Iraq. I am not thrilled to see us do a similar mistake by attacking Iran with gross lies and distortion of truth just because of the political agenda of some idiots! THIS is why I defend Iran against claims that it collaborates with ISIS against the Kurds (a claim that your last post actually contradicts)

It is irrelevant if Iran sponsors terrorism with respect to Hezbollah. The same nation which sponsors such terrorism is the one which fights ISIS. This is a FACT reported by different sources of different ideological backgrounds, you like it or not! Yes, Iran sponsors terrorism and does bad things just like the US did the same when it wanted to protect its interests during the Cold war (including when it was helping Saddam who was gassing Iranians during the Iraq-Iran war) or when Israel helped Hamas' growth when it wanted to counter its biggest enemy at the time which was Arafat's PLO (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1aafc2eec577) or when today Russia is helping Assad
                              The international arena is much more complicated than how you present it. Still, the facts cannot be distorted just because you do not like Iran.

p.s. Now I see the WSJ is also anti-TRump. What about the FOX News which said the EXACTLY same thing?
                              Last edited by pamak; 21 Aug 18, 09:25.

Comment

I defend FACTS!
                                You make up 'facts' and then defend those made up 'facts'.

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                                Also, wait a minute! If Kurds joined ISIS, are you claiming that the US supports ISIS since we support the Kurds?
                                The US did support ISIS for a while back in 11-12:

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/w...an-rebels.html

More than that, as I showed from multiple sources (including FOX News), Iran attacked ISIS is Syria and not the Kurds!

As I said before, I do not care what you claim. I care about facts! Basically you demonstrate that you know nothing about how to evaluate sources!
                                This is where you continuously show a lack of critical thinking; "evaluating sources". Your evaluations consistently go against reality.

You do the same thing Americans did in 2002 when they swallowed everything that some Iraqi defectors said about the WMD in Iraq.
                                History:

https://www.prageru.com/videos/did-bush-lie-about-iraq

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X