Taping in the White House Situation Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taping in the White House Situation Room

This is more than troublesome. How did someone get a phone into the Situation Room in order to tape a conversation? Actually, this is more than troublesome, it is horrendous. I wonder of Omarosa by doing this broke some category of federal law? If so, it's time for an arrest.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/12/opini...yem/index.html
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Yes, it is a matter of national security and most likely a felony to do what Omarosa did. My suspicion is she's likely going to be getting charged sometime soon.

Comment

I agree. IIRC the situation room is supposed to be free of electronic devices that are not those assigned to said room. I thought there was a vetting process to ensure that nothing that gets into the situation room is compromised. Evidently Omoronsa was a compromised item......she could be charged with espionage offenses for recording activities in what's supposed to be the most secure room in the country.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

We can only hope that she will be.
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          We can only hope that she will be.
          I'd agree that there appears a clear security and regulations breach here, how ever ...
          Omarosa is "liberal", Female, and Black.
          HRC was two out of three of those and as SOS did similar, if not greater, violations and got a "slap on the wrist" at best.
          Don't see Omarosa held to similar or more stringent standards.

I wish such would happen, just don't expect it.
          Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
          Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

I'd agree that there appears a clear security and regulations breach here, how ever ...
            HRC was two out of three of those and as SOS did similar, if not greater, violations and got a "slap on the wrist" at best.

I do not know what you mean when you say that Omarosa is "liberal." I do not see Trump choosing liberals to serve him. Anyway, what I get from this fiasco is that many of the leaks that infuriated Trump in the past, were not a product of an FBI conspiracy or Obama's federal employees trying to entrap the Trump administration. They were product of Trump's decision to infest the White House with people who were "outsiders," meaning being clueless about how a government should function.

Comment

But Trump was only going to pick 'the best people.' Yet another crock from the Liar-in-Chief.

Comment

Not only she has broken several laws on security by recording, then releasing some of those recorded, conversations, that publisher of her book she wrote had better cancel distribution of it unless they want to risk facing numerous slander lawsuits from a bunch of individuals other then Trump.
                https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ism-ncna900176

No doubt, CNN must thinks that Omarosa's book will make Trump look bad which is why they are reporting it and her secret recordings.

Will she go to jail for violating privacy and National Security laws? If what happened to John and Alice Martin is any indication of their secretly recording cell phone conversations to pass on to the Democrats at a time when one would need special equipment in order to grab both signals from the cell towers, time and the Justice Department will tell.
                “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

The situation is being reported because it is news. Trump doesn't need her book to look bad-he's doing that all on his own.

A related story by NBC:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...6?icid=related

Comment

Being petty and calling people names is beneath the dignity of the office of the president:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Comment

Trump is clearly demonstrating both stupidity and immaturity. In the long run, this issue is trivial, yet Trump just can't leave it alone.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/14/polit...osa/index.html

Comment

Trump is definitely talking downscale. He would be wise to just ignore the idiot. However, Trump has never demonstrated wisdom...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/15/polit...osa/index.html

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Your point is well taken, but how does the government not prosecute such a flagrant violation of the law?
                            If they don't prosecute her it seems they are making it clear that the rules will never be enforced.
                            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Your point is well taken, but how does the government not prosecute such a flagrant violation of the law?
                              If they don't prosecute her it seems they are making it clear that the rules will never be enforced.
                              Except on the "little people." Those at the bottom end of the military and government will still be held accountable for security violations. Only those at the top who are celebrities and rich won't be. It's a really bad precedent to be setting.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X