X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflation surpass wage growth

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.21edbd314a0a

In America, wage growth is getting wiped out entirely by inflation

U.S. workers' paychecks are worth less than they were a year ago, the Labor Department reported Friday, as modest wage gains have failed to keep pace with inflation.

Inflation rose 2.9 percent from July 2017 to July 2018, the department
    reported, while average hourly pay increased 2.7 percent over the same period.

2300.jpg?v=1533907767.670501.png
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Not surprised: there's no way that the 4% growth reported last month is sustainable. Know who else wasn't surprised? The Federal Reserve Board: two weeks ago they announced that they intend to raise the Fed Funds rate at least two more times, probably three more times, before this year is out.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Rich get richer, middle class is gonna get poorer.
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

If you include the new jobs not surprising.
        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
          Rich get richer, middle class is gonna get poorer.
          You want to ensure that, increase the amount of government you have. The only way around that is forced wealth redistribution, and even then it still holds true.
          No government doesn't work, some government works great. Lots of government makes all but the rich paupers.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

You want to ensure that, increase the amount of government you have. The only way around that is forced wealth redistribution, and even then it still holds true.
            No government doesn't work, some government works great. Lots of government makes all but the rich paupers.
            The rich make all but the rich paupers, as long as they can get their hands on the government. Institutions are like this, unfortunately. We all know where this will eventually head. In fact, the divisive lines are pretty easy to see already.
            Wisdom is personal

Comment

Nothing surprising in this. Wages almost never keep up with inflation. That why strikes and wage demands grow in number when working class people realize how far behind they are.

The truly ironic thing is the the rich seem intent on destroying the working class system that makes their entire life possible in the first place. Imagine America with no one left in it but the rich - they would die off in a matter of weeks.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

And then we're going to have results from the tariffs...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

No evidence for that I'm affraid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ncome_equality

http://fortune.com/2015/09/30/americ...th-inequality/

The jump was largely the result of households pumping up their personal savings efforts. The U.S.—with $63.5 trillion in total private wealth—, holds the largest amount of any country in the world. But that wealth is unevenly distributed, and nowhere is that more evident than in the U.S., which also has the largest wealth inequality gap of 55 countries studied, according to the report.
                  Last edited by Snowygerry; 13 Aug 18, 05:42.
                  Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X