DMV REAL ID Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMV REAL ID Card

Has anyone gotten the new REAL ID cards that are now being issued by the DMV? I just renewed my CA driver license and I wasn't aware of this 2-tier system and only got the one where federal limits apply. I had no idea about this. Had I known, I would have went to the DMV with my passport and got the REAL ID card that allows me to fly on international as well as domestic flights. Good thing CA filed for an extension, all Californians have until 2020 to get the REAL ID.

I knew about it but have a military ID so I never bothered to switch here in AZ.

Comment

If you have a passport, why bother? I just carry my passport card with me when I'm flying or going to Canada.

Comment

I heard that you can no longer buy a gun with a drivers license that say "Federal Limits Apply" on the top right corner. Is this true?
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
          I heard that you can no longer buy a gun with a drivers license that say "Federal Limits Apply" on the top right corner. Is this true?
          Not exactly true about the gun purchases.

That is only for the AB60 licenses which are issued to illegals. They look identical to the non-Real ID driver's licenses, but have additional wording in the back as shown below:

For more info:

https://www.crpa.org/crpa-news/firea...issued-ca-dmv/
          Last edited by Salinator; 08 Aug 18, 17:26.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Just more big brother bs implemented by the republicans. I'm not getting a national ID card.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

What's next? Our blood type and serial number tattoo'd in our armpit?
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                Just more big brother bs implemented by the republicans. I'm not getting a national ID card.
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                It is not a National ID. It is still issued by each States' Department of Motor Vehicles, and the database is retained by each individual State and still serves as a Driver's License. If your paranoid, you do not need to get one. You just can't get on a plane or go into a protected Federal facility without one. Paranoid guys do neither anyhow. Blame this on Islamic terrorism, not big brother. People with military ID's can still enter the protected Federal facilities, and people with valid Passports can still get on commercial flights.

There really isn't much that you have to provide that the State and Federal authorities do not already know. You just have to have documents that prove who you are, and proof of residency, which is a hell of a lot better for safety since States like CA that will issue DL's to just about any illegal alien whether he/she has any documents whatsoever, or even the ability to read or speak in ANY language.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Yeah, all those elected Republicans in Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Only for US citizens, illegal criminals get a free ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

It is not a National ID. It is still issued by each States' Department of Motor Vehicles, and the database is retained by each individual State and still serves as a Driver's License. If your paranoid, you do not need to get one. You just can't get on a plane or go into a protected Federal facility without one. Paranoid guys do neither anyhow. Blame this on Islamic terrorism, not big brother. People with military ID's can still enter the protected Federal facilities, and people with valid Passports can still get on commercial flights.

There really isn't much that you have to provide that the State and Federal authorities do not already know. You just have to have documents that prove who you are, and proof of residency, which is a hell of a lot better for safety since States like CA that will issue DL's to just about any illegal alien whether he/she has any documents whatsoever, or even the ability to read or speak in ANY language.
                      Doesn't matter who is handing them out, it's still a national ID. I'm not paranoid about the Muslims everyone else is so terrified of.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I blame you for being scared enough to give up our liberty for a false sense of security.

We are, after all, for the first time in our history actually creating a national identification card with all the ramifications of that. That is what the REAL ID law did.

Yet we impose on every State in this country a total of $11 billion worth of unfunded mandates, and we create for the first time in the history of a liberty- loving nation a national identification card. I would say we wouldn't be doing our job if we didn't stop and think about what we have done.
                      - Lamar Alexander

https://www.congress.gov/congression...rticle/s2292-2

"This proposal is one more step away from the Founding Fathers' vision of a limited federal government. Our greatest homeland security is liberty, and the Founding Fathers believed our greatest threat to liberty was a central government grown too powerful. Accordingly, they set up checks on federal power by vesting authority at the individual and state levels.

REAL ID disrupts this delicate balance of power in two ways. First, it turns the Founders' logic on its head by forcing states to act as agents for the federal government in creating a national ID card for federal purposes. Needing a REAL ID to board a plane or enter a federal building would also change the balance of power in something as seemingly insignificant as a visit to a member of Congress."
                      - Mark Sanford
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul is adding his voice to the growing opposition here in Kentucky to REAL ID. He is now a co-sponsor of the REAL ID repeal legislation in the Senate, S.2440, joining Representative Thomas Massie in the House, as he is a co-sponsor of H.R. 4375. TEA Partier’s are against it, the ACLU is against it, Libertarians are against it, many Christians are against it, rank and file Conservatives are against it, as they voted to be against it at the state convention this year, and Governor Bevin vetoed SB 245, a Kentucky bill that would overhaul Kentucky’s driver’s license system to comply with this unfunded Federal Program.

If you don’t know much about REAL ID, in short it is a National ID system the Federal government is trying to force upon the states through air travel restrictions. This program is a violation of our Civil Liberties as it will be a mechanism to violate our privacy, it is also a violation of our Commonwealth’s Sovereignty as it is being forced upon us by the Federal government. Further it has global connections as the ICAO, the organization helping to write the regulations for DHS is a UN Agency.
                        http://www.takebackkentucky.com/2016...l-legislation/

There are still some real republicans out there, but unfortunately they're far outnumbered by those who want big government.
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Yeah, all those elected Republicans in Cali.
                          Clueless, per usual.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It is from December 2013......Obama didn't stop it so it is the republican's fault?
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Clueless, per usual.
                              Good point, Obama signed off on it, not the republicans from CA.
                              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X