Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NRA is Not Too Popular These Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bwaha
    replied
    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
    A thread based on a lie and a lie posted in the OP has gotten us 5 pages so far. Ah, the power of fake news and the desperation of the liberal mind.
    Yep more libby fake news.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

NRA commercials are public service announcements now? If I were you, I'd learn real quick what propaganda is. There's a reason RW media and the russians target conservatives with propaganda.
    Clueless

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    A thread based on a lie and a lie posted in the OP has gotten us 5 pages so far. Ah, the power of fake news and the desperation of the liberal mind.

Leave a comment:

• inevtiab1e
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Ha, those or probably called public service announcements, not TV commercials. I've watched them, and nothing about them is misleading.
    NRA commercials are public service announcements now? If I were you, I'd learn real quick what propaganda is. There's a reason RW media and the russians target conservatives with propaganda.

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    Originally posted by pamak View Post

As I said in other threads, steadily but slowly the conservatives are losing the cultural war as modern societies develop new norms that contradict conservative principles. Gun ownership is just another example of it...
    Usual marxist nonse about historical determinism : what Pamak calls modern societies with new norms ( he is only parotting his old master,Karl, the antisemite Marx ) are societies without norms which will be an easy prey for the Islam societies where gun ownership is cherished and where a human life has no value .Marx,Engels, Lenin, Stalin, Sanders, Pamak, they all are preaching about a new society without norms ,and they all failed/will fail: the only thing that remains/will remain are the dozens of millions of victims of the arrogance of those who want to create an Utopia .
    Gun ownership is just an other example where these false prophets will fail .

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied

Do you understand the difference between having access and OWN?

We are talking about ownership and how it has changed over time. If in the past about 50% had ownership those with ACESS to guns were much more than 50%!
    Ownership of weapons has increased .

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied

I love the fact that even though we already discussed that the number of guns is not the same as gun ownership rate and that fewer gun-owners can have more guns, you continue make the same claims about the number of guns...

https://www.rsfjournal.org/doi/full/...SF.2017.3.5.02

Put another way, half of the gun stock (approximately 130 million guns) is owned by approximately 86 percent of gun owners, and the other half is owned by 14 percent (14 percent of gun owners equals 7.6 million adults, or 3 percent of the adult U.S. population).9

In other words, half of the gun stock in the US belongs to just 3% of the population.
    Irrelevant, wrong and unproved : 50 year ago there were 150 million guns AND a lot of people had more than one gun ,thus there were LESS than 150 million people who owned guns . Now it is the same :400 million guns (NOT 260 million ), and a potential of 400 million gun owners of whom a lot have MORE than one gun,meaning that there are less than 400 million gun owners ,but not less than 150 million gun owners.
    In other words :''half of the gun stock in the US belongs to just 3 % of the population '' means :
    10 million people own 200 million weapons ( which is wrong ,it is less than 200 million ) and the other 200 million weapons are owned by 200 million Americans .this means that and the number of weapons and the number of people owning a weapon, have increased .
    This debunks your claim .

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied

You do not need to own guns to read texts, studies and statistics. You need education. People like you have to realize an unpleasant truth which works both ways: Just like it would be ridiculous to have a city boy with no or little hunting experience argue with a veteran hunter about rifles , it is also ridiculous to have people with limited education trying to argue with a university graduate about how to read texts, statistics and surveys.
    You've demonstrated over and over again that you have a difficult time understanding simple concepts. Stick to commenting on stuff you are knowledgeable about, like making Tzatziki Sauce.

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied

Funny how the clowns posting in this thread that don't own firearms want us to believe they are subject matter experts.
    You do not need to own guns to read texts, studies and statistics. You need education. People like you have to realize an unpleasant truth which works both ways: Just like it would be ridiculous to have a city boy with no or little hunting experience argue with a veteran hunter about rifles , it is also ridiculous to have people with limited education trying to argue with a university graduate about how to read texts, statistics and surveys.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    This whole thread has gone off the rails arguing about numbers of guns and gun ownership, the OP is about a bunch of adolescents demonstrating against an organization that they know nothing about except what they hear from Liberal Idiots who know even less, and the only reason for the OP is that they support Trump and the Op just can't have that!
    True, that the NRA is constantly looking for Money, but since it has been become a political organization (thru no fault of their own) I can see, it takes Money to stay in the political game.
    Scare Conservatives, you are damned right, we should be scared of the Morons trying to change this Country!
    Funny how the clowns posting in this thread that don't own firearms want us to believe they are subject matter experts.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    This whole thread has gone off the rails arguing about numbers of guns and gun ownership, the OP is about a bunch of adolescents demonstrating against an organization that they know nothing about except what they hear from Liberal Idiots who know even less, and the only reason for the OP is that they support Trump and the Op just can't have that!
    True, that the NRA is constantly looking for Money, but since it has been become a political organization (thru no fault of their own) I can see, it takes Money to stay in the political game.
    Scare Conservatives, you are damned right, we should be scared of the Morons trying to change this Country!

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

and likely just trolling.
    A good troll will go to the effort of establishing credibility before just taking contrary positions to everything. He hasn't bothered to make that effort.

Sadly, good trolling seems to be a lost art.

Or, the individual is a recently banned or suspended poster.
    Just an opinion.
    Im not totally against the NRA but tens of millions if not more Americans share the views of "inevitable". Just look at the pro responsible gun rights arugments from victims of school shootings and those that propose responsible gun ownership or new gun laws in general.

75 Years ago it would have been a surprise to hear Americans going after the NRA, but the NRA like America in general is no longer what it was and has been struggling for some time in key areas.

Wow I just saw Oliver North was named the most recent President of the NRA,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver...h_mug_shot.jpg

Bring back the spirit of FDR, America needs to improve and needs to improve big time.
    Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 04 Sep 18, 20:51.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied

It was a hint to their TV commercials. That was more satirical and dumb. But their TV commercials are definitely good examples of propaganda. Imagery, language, tone, music....all carefully crafted to target the republican base (or anyone else who's affected by it)
    Ha, those or probably called public service announcements, not TV commercials. I've watched them, and nothing about them is misleading.

Leave a comment:

• inevtiab1e
    replied

I knew you couldn't pull it off, sad waste of bandwidth.
    It was a hint to their TV commercials. That was more satirical and dumb. But their TV commercials are definitely good examples of propaganda. Imagery, language, tone, music....all carefully crafted to target the republican base (or anyone else who's affected by it)

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied

My pleasure. The NRA is very good at scaring conservatives.

Warning: Language
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSvGOL9m2h4
    I knew you couldn't pull it off, sad waste of bandwidth.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X