Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NRA is Not Too Popular These Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

So what are you saying? that the gun ownership has gone down? fraid not, it's the highest it's ever been, get more democRats elected and it will even get higher, I sh-t you not.

Even if we accept the 33% figure from his article, doesnít that mean there are at least tens of millions of gun owners?
    Iím willing to bet that is more than the number of people who exercise their constitutional right to an abortion (at least annually) and yet I donít think anyone would try to imply that fewer abortions annually means anything with respect to the existence of the right. The Constitutional right to own a gun exists regardless of how many people actually own one.
    This thread has convinced me to renew my NRA membership and maybe buy some more guns.

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied

So what are you saying? that the gun ownership has gone down? fraid not, it's the highest it's ever been, get more democRats elected and it will even get higher, I sh-t you not.
    Based on a study that has been used since 1972 to estimate gun-ownership in the US, I say that the gun ownership has gone down

Again here is the study! It is important to realize that the methodology is the same since 1972

http://www.norc.org/PDFs/GSS%20Repor..._1972-2014.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by pamak View Post

I am not sure what you are trying to say. I presume we discuss if the rate of gun-ownership has gone down or not These links do not show any estimation of the gun-ownership rate.

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied
    , Form 44

Look, I can respect where you are coming from, but you are on the wrong side of this argument form 4473 has been around since 1968, and it lists all gun purchases in the US from gun dealers, it clearly shows that gun purchases are the highest that they have ever been, who owns them and where they are no-one knows, it's just a WAGS, but getting back to the OP, the OP is pissed that Trump is the POTUS and will post anything that he thinks is supportive of Trump, Yes, NRA Membership is as high as it has ever been, and no the NRA is not about to be broke!
    To clarify again, I did not bring information that the gun purchases have gone down. I brought information that the gun ownership rate has gone down, meaning a lower percentage of the population today (compared to 1970) has guns. But for sure, with a much bigger economy, this lower percentage can afford to spend much more money for its hobby, passion, love, or whatever you want to call it! So, the fact that the gun sales are up does not invalidate the information I brought which show that a lower percentage of people own guns.

I think we can agree that the NRA has but a small percentage of gun-owners, who are most committed ideologically to guns. This demographic is not going to change. It is the less committed demographic which finds guns increasingly obsolete. If you noticed, the same study which estimated that we have a lower gun-ownership rate today found that fewer people go for hunting these days which makes sense since a higher percentage of populations has mover to urban areas. It seems such developments have affected the attitude off casual gun-owners who under different circumstances, they would have bought a gun just for hunting.
    Last edited by pamak; 05 Sep 18, 22:23.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied

I am not sure what you are trying to say. I presume we discuss if the rate of gun-ownership has gone down or not These links do not show any estimation of the gun-ownership rate.
    No one can show accurate gun ownership rates.

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied
    Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    That works for me. Question, have you ever been to a NRA safety course? Have you ever taken any courses from them?

As I see it this whole thing is about liberals try to shut down the organization that really educates people in firearm safety. That it fights fore my second amendment right is a plus. You should tdo some first hand investigation instead of depending on talking head. There's defiantly yellow journalism going on in the op.

Here's a good starting point. https://gunsafetyrules.nra.org/

About their training courses. https://explore.nra.org/interests/firearms-training/

So when people start spouting how they are solely a propaganda machine they are either mislead or outright lying. (Imo).

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    , Form 44

Look, I can respect where you are coming from, but you are on the wrong side of this argument form 4473 has been around since 1968, and it lists all gun purchases in the US from gun dealers, it clearly shows that gun purchases are the highest that they have ever been, who owns them and where they are no-one knows, it's just a WAGS, but getting back to the OP, the OP is pissed that Trump is the POTUS and will post anything negative on anyone that he thinks is supportive of Trump, Yes, NRA Membership is as high as it has ever been, and no the NRA is not about to be broke!

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Anti-gun = retard

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    , Form 44

So, let us try to have a reasonable discussion about what we have said so far. Since you have said that you are tired of all this bickering and trolling, and since you show some interest in this subject, I think with a little bit of restraint we can carry the conversation with our resorting to personal comments and provocations...
    Look, I can respect where you are coming from, but you are on the wrong side of this argument form 4473 has been around since 1968, and it lists all gun purchases in the US from gun dealers, it clearly shows that gun purchases are the highest that they have ever been, who owns them and where they are no-one knows, it's just a WAGS, but getting back to the OP, the OP is pissed that Trump is the POTUS and will post anything that he thinks is supportive of Trump, Yes, NRA Membership is as high as it has ever been, and no the NRA is not about to be broke!

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    That works for me. Question, have you ever been to a NRA safety course? Have you ever taken any courses from them?

As I see it this whole thing is about liberals try to shut down the organization that really educates people in firearm safety. That it fights fore my second amendment right is a plus. You should tdo some first hand investigation instead of depending on talking head. There's defiantly yellow journalism going on in the op.

Here's a good starting point. https://gunsafetyrules.nra.org/

About their training courses. https://explore.nra.org/interests/firearms-training/

So when people start spouting how they are solely a propaganda machine they are either mislead or outright lying. (Imo).

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied

Easy 101. Your getting baited again. Don't respond in kind. They want to get you into trouble yet again.
    So, let us try to have a reasonable discussion about what we have said so far. Since you have said that you are tired of all this bickering and trolling, and since you show some interest in this subject, I think with a little bit of restraint we can carry the conversation with our resorting to personal comments and provocations...

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied

Easy 101. Your getting baited again. Don't respond in kind. They want to get you into trouble yet again.
    Check.... he has no data it's all fake news. My Gun Club increased membership by 300 people this year, we have a waiting list to join now.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

You are full of it, no data just your insane way of mixing up facts and adding your opinion. As usual you have nothing.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied

Go sit in the corner and let the adults speak here. Apparently, Bwaha seems willing to discuss what I have posted, so listen my conversation with him, and you may figure out what I have posted so far....The fact that you still have not figure out what I have posted is because you did not come with a honest desire to discuss things. You just came to troll, as you always do.
    You are full of it, no data just your insane way of mixing up facts and adding your opinion. As usual you have nothing.

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

LOL! You can't show us the data because it doesn't exist just your demented interruption of BS.
    Go sit in the corner and let the adults speak here. Apparently, Bwaha seems willing to discuss what I have posted, so listen my conversation with him, and you may figure out what I have posted so far....The fact that you still have not figure out what I have posted is because you did not come with a honest desire to discuss things. You just came to troll, as you always do.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X