Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NRA is Not Too Popular These Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do a google search for the source of the article. Mother Earth Jones???

This is just a effort to defame the NRA. Nothing new here...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

I gave sources for my numbers. You just give numbers out of your rear, and you humiliate yourself with the BS you post which is not even in proper English...
      A totalitarian who loses the debate, is losing also his disguise of a liberal .

Washington Post of October 5 2015 ,with as source The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,Firearms and explosives :America has now more guns than people .
      WP and Daily Caller from June 19 2018 :There are more guns than people in the US .
      The number of guns is estimated at 392 million,the population is some 330 million .The ratio guns /people is 120 .
      50 years ago,the population was 200 million, the number of guns some 150 million,thus a ratio of 75 .
      But continue to tell us that people are becoming more and more hostile to guns : your friends have created a situation where people need a gun to survive
      Since 2015 the number of weapons has increased by 35 million, this is related to the presence of 20 million illegal immigrants .
      Your friends can try to take away 400 million people from 200 million Americans, but not many of your friends will survive this attempt .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Washington Post of October 5 2015 ,with as source The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,Firearms and explosives :America has now more guns than people .
        WP and Daily Caller from June 19 2018 :There are more guns than people in the US .
        The number of guns is estimated at 392 million,the population is some 330 million .The ratio guns /people is 120 .
        50 years ago,the population was 200 million, the number of guns some 150 million,thus a ratio of 75 .
        But continue to tell us that people are becoming more and more hostile to guns : your friends have created a situation where people need a gun to survive
        Since 2015 the number of weapons has increased by 35 million, this is related to the presence of 20 million illegal immigrants .
        Your friends can try to take away 400 million people from 200 million Americans, but not many of your friends will survive this attempt .
        You forgot to mention that he also wants Sharia law.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

It is the THIRD time that I have to REPEAT that an increase of the number of weapons does not mean an increase of gun ownership rates! HOW STUPID MUST SOMEONE BE IN ORDER NOT TO UNDERSTAND SUCH A SIMPLE THING? People in today's economy can spend more money for their gun hobby compared to the 1970s. That's all! ALL the surveys that I mentioned do not argue that the number of guns went down. They mention the gun ownership when down!
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

It is the THIRD time that I have to REPEAT that an increase of the number of weapons does not mean an increase of gun ownership rates! HOW STUPID MUST SOMEONE BE IN ORDER NOT TO UNDERSTAND SUCH A SIMPLE THING? People in today's economy can spend more money for their gun hobby compared to the 1970s. That's all! ALL the surveys that I mentioned do not argue that the number of guns went down. They mention the gun ownership when down!
            Interesting, where do you get that claim? There's plenty of gun owners who aren't interested in buying more guns yet the gun market hasen't reached saturation yet or anytime soon. I'haven't bought a new firearm in twenty years and I do believe that I'm not in the minority. I claim that the majority of gun sales in the US are new gun owners who haven't owned one before.
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

Interesting, where do you get that claim? There's plenty of gun owners who aren't interested in buying more guns yet the gun market hasen't reached saturation yet or anytime soon. I'haven't bought a new firearm in twenty years and I do believe that I'm not in the minority. I claim that the majority of gun sales in the US are new gun owners who haven't owned one before.
              I showed surveys used for decades to gather statistics about gun ownership. If you actually read what I posted up until now, you will see that based on the information we have, about 3% of gun owners have about 50% of the total gun stock. Yes, most people are not that crazy, but when you have real gun nuts who spend thousands of dollars to get weapons for their collection, you can see why it is possible to have both an increase in guns and at the same time a decrease in the rate of gun-ownership. Some people just do not get it and they think that the fact that we have more guns somehow "proves" that the rate of gun ownership in the population has not gone down which is completely unreasonable. Now, consider the fact that the economy today is about 2-3 times bigger than the economy in the 1970's , and you can see how just 3% of customers today can buy as many guns as all the gun owners could buy in the 70s. In fact it is more probable that today they buy more guns than the whole population of gun owners bought in the 1970s!
              Last edited by pamak; 05 Sep 18, 19:26.
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

So all the new car sales are repeat business rather than first purchases? Why them are NRA classes on gun safety so popular? Why are women buying up handguns at such a furious rate?

For several years, women have been the fastest-growing demographic of new gun owners, but many (and some men, too) don’t have a knowledgeable network of personal contacts that can help them acquire the information they need to choose their first gun. This is especially true when that first gun is a handgun for home defense or concealed carry. Fortunately, there’s a rational process they can follow to choose a handgun that fits their needs, familiarity level and budget.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the end of 2008, the numbers of first-time gun buyers, particularly in the handgun market, have risen dramatically. Thousands upon thousands of men and women are purchasing or considering purchasing their first gun. The sales figures from Ruger and Smith&Wesson will bear me out on this.

First-time gun buyers aren’t necessarily “gun people” or a part of the traditional gun culture. They are men and women from all walks of life who have come to the personal decision that now is a good time to own a firearm. These folks are on the outside of the gun tent peeking in.

So if you don't know what your talking about you shouldn't claim to be a expert and make a fool out yourself...
                Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Show us the data that suggests gun ownership went down.
                  My worst jump story:
                  No lie.

~
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Show us the data that suggests gun ownership went down.
                    I ALREADY DID!
                    If you cannot read, then get out of the conversation...

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post

I ALREADY DID!
                      If you cannot read, then get out of the conversation...
                      You did not, now show us.
                      My worst jump story:
                      No lie.

~
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                        So all the new car sales are repeat business rather than first purchases? Why them are NRA classes on gun safety so popular? Why are women buying up handguns at such a furious rate?

For several years, women have been the fastest-growing demographic of new gun owners, but many (and some men, too) don’t have a knowledgeable network of personal contacts that can help them acquire the information they need to choose their first gun. This is especially true when that first gun is a handgun for home defense or concealed carry. Fortunately, there’s a rational process they can follow to choose a handgun that fits their needs, familiarity level and budget.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the end of 2008, the numbers of first-time gun buyers, particularly in the handgun market, have risen dramatically. Thousands upon thousands of men and women are purchasing or considering purchasing their first gun. The sales figures from Ruger and Smith&Wesson will bear me out on this.

First-time gun buyers aren’t necessarily “gun people” or a part of the traditional gun culture. They are men and women from all walks of life who have come to the personal decision that now is a good time to own a firearm. These folks are on the outside of the gun tent peeking in.

So if you don't know what your talking about you shouldn't claim to be a expert and make a fool out yourself...
                        The sales of a single company do not show rates of gun ownership.If that was that simple, then we could make an accurate prediction of gun ownership rates based on such sales. I have not seen any data based on such information (from a single or from the whole bold of the gun companies). There is also the issue of how you will find the first-time buyers in such data or how you define them. Are they really first-time gun buyers or are they first-time CUSTOMERS of that particular company? In any case, if you have any calculation of gun ownership rates based on gun sales bring it forward so that we can see what they show and if such information can be used to estimate the rate of gun ownership. As you saw I brought specific studies which estimate the rate of gun ownership today.

p.s. I assume that you DID see the study I brought which has been used since the 1970's to estimate the rate of gun-ownership , right?
                        Last edited by pamak; 05 Sep 18, 19:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

You did not, now show us.
                          Get lost troll!

Comment

Get lost troll!
                            LOL! You can't show us the data because it doesn't exist just your demented interruption of BS.
                            My worst jump story:
                            No lie.

~
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

LOL! You can't show us the data because it doesn't exist just your demented interruption of BS.
                              Go sit in the corner and let the adults speak here. Apparently, Bwaha seems willing to discuss what I have posted, so listen my conversation with him, and you may figure out what I have posted so far....The fact that you still have not figure out what I have posted is because you did not come with a honest desire to discuss things. You just came to troll, as you always do.

Comment

Go sit in the corner and let the adults speak here. Apparently, Bwaha seems willing to discuss what I have posted, so listen my conversation with him, and you may figure out what I have posted so far....The fact that you still have not figure out what I have posted is because you did not come with a honest desire to discuss things. You just came to troll, as you always do.
                                You are full of it, no data just your insane way of mixing up facts and adding your opinion. As usual you have nothing.
                                My worst jump story:
                                No lie.

~
                                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X