Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NRA is Not Too Popular These Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Exactly. The patriot act being the best example of conservatives giving up their freedom and calling on the government to protect them.
    If the information was given to you would you know how to use it?

The best protection would have been improved border security, Dems don't like that. Thank a Muslim.
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

I can tell you that the study is pretty much meaningless since there isn't an accurate way to estimate those numbers, too many factors are involved.
      In other words, you do not have any argument against the validity of the statistics and the results
      The point is that they have measured (using the same methodology) that gun-ownership has fallen down over the years. . Sure, there may be many factors involved for this decline, but the effect is that as the rate of gun ownership decreases, the NRA loses its power and popularity. It gradually becomes obsolete for an increasing percentage of the US society which chooses for whatever reason not to have guns.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

If the information was given to you would you know how to use it?

The best protection would have been improved border security, Dems don't like that. Thank a Muslim.
        Border security is not going to stop terrorism. The republican platform now is largely about expanding government in order to better "protect" its citizens, which of course also means less freedom. The solution however, is to shrink government and promote the benefits of the 2ndA. Bigger government isn't the answer. Thank republicans for being scared of Muslims and everyone else not white.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

In other words, you do not have any argument against the validity of the statistics and the results
          The point is that they have measured (using the same methodology) that gun-ownership has fallen down over the years. . Sure, there may be many factors involved for this decline, but the effect is that as the rate of gun ownership decreases, the NRA loses its power and popularity. It gradually becomes obsolete for an increasing percentage of the US society which chooses for whatever reason not to have guns.
          Apparently, you have a problem understanding gun ownership trends as do the guys that wrote the paper. I would discount much of the information presented. Do you really need me to break it down for you?
          My worst jump story:
          No lie.

~
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Border security is not going to stop terrorism. The republican platform now is largely about expanding government in order to better "protect" its citizens, which of course also means less freedom. The solution however, is to shrink government and promote the benefits of the 2ndA. Bigger government isn't the answer. Thank republicans for being scared of Muslims and everyone else not white.
            So restrictions on Muslims entering the country would not have prevented 911? OKAY...
            My worst jump story:
            No lie.

~
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Apparently, you have a problem understanding gun ownership trends as do the guys that wrote the paper. I would discount much of the information presented. Do you really need me to break it down for you?
              When you tried to break it down , you started talking about the number of guns instead of gun ownership

It seems that the lack of comprehension is coming from your part

Originally posted by 101combatvet
              So you in your infinite wisdom of being a Greek citizen now thinks there are fewer guns on the planet.
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

When you tried to break it down , you started talking about the number of guns instead of gun ownership

It seems that the lack of comprehension is coming from your part

Originally posted by 101combatvet
                So you in your infinite wisdom of being a Greek citizen now thinks there are fewer guns on the planet.
                The laughing ​​​​​​​emoji should have been a clue to you, but as usual, it went ZIP right over your head. But, really the stuff you get sold on is funny as hell. Can I ask you a personal question without you being offended?
                My worst jump story:
                No lie.

~
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

The laughing emoji should have been a clue to you, but as usual, it went ZIP right over your head. But, really the stuff you get sold on is funny as hell. Can I ask you a personal question without you being offended?
                  Send personal questions in private.. Here we talk about gun-ownership over time

Comment

The NRA is a lobbying firm for weapons manufacturers. Anything that hurts sale$ will be blocked by the NRA and it's cronies in congress.
                    The NRA lost it's way a long time ago, these days the NRA is a propaganda mill designed to scare the bejezus out of vulnerable people.
                    Just look at the NRA propaganda piece called "Freedom in Peril"

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                      The NRA is a lobbying firm for weapons manufacturers. Anything that hurts sale$ will be blocked by the NRA and it's cronies in congress.
                      The NRA lost it's way a long time ago, these days the NRA is a propaganda mill designed to scare the bejezus out of vulnerable people.
                      Silly
                      My worst jump story:
                      No lie.

~
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Silly
                        and likely just trolling.
                        A good troll will go to the effort of establishing credibility before just taking contrary positions to everything. He hasn't bothered to make that effort.

Sadly, good trolling seems to be a lost art.

Or, the individual is a recently banned or suspended poster.
                        Just an opinion.
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                          That's rather myopic. Got sources to back those claims up? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

and likely just trolling.
                            A good troll will go to the effort of establishing credibility before just taking contrary positions to everything. He hasn't bothered to make that effort.

Sadly, good trolling seems to be a lost art.

Or, the individual is a recently banned or suspended poster.
                            Just an opinion.
                            My thoughts as well!
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

As far as it goes, the OP title is incorrect. The NRA's popularity gains and falls periodically. Membership has steadily gained over the years however, about in proportion to population growth. Any short term loss of popularity will be recovered in the long term and overall, the NRA has a rather steady membership base and popularity within the American public.

Hence, a claim that the NRA is suddenly unpopular or losing members is myopic in the larger picture over time.

Comment

The only fantastic thing about Democrats is that they help the NRA more than the Republicans. Membership, donations, training, firearms and ammunition sales sore when Democrats are in office. The only propaganda about the NRA is coming from the libs that don't understand how to interpret factual data or blatantly lie about it.
                                My worst jump story:
                                No lie.

~
                                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X