Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NRA is Not Too Popular These Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pamak
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Lack of English comprehension isn't an excuse for being ignorant. Try again....
    So, you did not understand that a video showing the top 5 shotguns under $200 supports my claim that even the "poor deplorables" (using ljadw's expression) can afford buying more guns today than in the 1970s...

Predictable

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by pamak View Post

You see? The only time that you are brave enough to provide a link is when you agree with what i say... It is obvious that our Belgian poster does not know anything about the American gun market. I knew not because I am a gun owner but because I can read and find accurate information about the issues I discuss
    Lack of English comprehension isn't an excuse for being ignorant. You haven't proven that you know anything about the American gun market or anything for that matter. Try again....

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied
    You see? The only time that you are brave enough to provide a link is when you agree with what i say... It is obvious that our Belgian poster does not know anything about the American gun market. I knew not because I am a gun owner but because I can read and find accurate information about the issues I discuss

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied

You did not bring any link to support your number of 390 million guns in the US? Is this an admission that you made this number up?
    Now I see that you talk about a different subject. The fact that 67% of gun owners "cite protection as a major reason for owning a fire weapon: means that 33% of gun owners do not cite protection as a major issue for owning a fire weapon. This is quite a big part of the gun-owners group. Also, as I showed you do not need to be rich to buy a gun for $200!
    Contrary to the lies that pamak is spewing someone is buying on the cheap.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied

Feel free to start a thread about that in the history section, and I will participate just to humiliate you in public by showing everybody here what a troll you are and how much clueless you are regarding military history!
    Here though, you are not going to steer the conversation to unrelated things just because you are unable to support your claims about the reduced gun-ownership rate...
    Let's add G(r)eek military history to the list of stuff you know nothing about.

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied
    Originally posted by ljadw View Post
    67 % of gun owners cite protection as a major reason for owning a fire weapon (Pewresearch June 22 2017 ) .
    Thus the insane conspiracy theories that gun owners are a small group of rich people who own guns for their hobby, are good for under the bus .
    You did not bring any link to support your number of 390 million guns in the US? Is this an admission that you made this number up?
    Now I see that you talk about a different subject. The fact that 67% of gun owners "cite protection as a major reason for owning a fire weapon: means that 33% of gun owners do not cite protection as a major issue for owning a fire weapon. This is quite a big part of the gun-owners group. Also, as I showed you do not need to be rich to buy a gun for $200!

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    67 % of gun owners cite protection as a major reason for owning a fire weapon (Pewresearch June 22 2017 ) .
    Thus the insane conspiracy theories that gun owners are a small group of rich people who own guns for their hobby, are good for under the bus .

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied
    Your source is wrong : There are not 260 million guns in the US (130 million X 2 ) but 392 million (official figure,but in reality it is much, much higher ).Almost no real AK-47 are sold in the US ,because of their price which can be $15000 and the legal difficulties .The average gun owner in the US owns one gun (pistol,revolver ),lives in a big city /in the vicinity of a big city and has a low income , people who live in a big city/in the vicinity of a big city in a flat and who have a low income are more exposed to rape, murder, burglary,and these people need a weapon to protect themselves and Hillary who does not live in a flat in the city, who owns $ billions,wants to take the guns away from these people, for the obvious reason everyone knows .And these people have elected Trump (if they voted ) because they knew he was the only one who would protect them .

Without sources, you are irrelevant, and you cannot show that they are wrong!
    I do not care what you say. Show sources and then we discuss.

In addition, your observation about the prices of a "real" AK-47 is a ridiculous and irrelevant argument! Even if the price of a "real" AK-47 is what you say, the gun-ownership rates includes the people who purchase any type of an AK_47 rifle or any type of any other of the rifles I showed which one can buy for $200. The gun one purchases does not have to be an antique or expensive! If people can afford to get iPhones, they can certainly afford to buy from time to time new rifles at the price I showed. The fact that you made the claim that the "deplorables" cannot afford such prices shows that you discuss a subject about which you know nothing, which is one more reason why you need to show links and sources for the claims you make about gun ownership! Ohh and make sure that whatever source you find does not include guns purchased by the military and the law enforcement agencies!
    Last edited by pamak; 07 Sep 18, 04:41.

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    Your source is wrong : There are not 260 million guns in the US (130 million X 2 ) but 392 million (official figure,but in reality it is much, much higher ).Almost no real AK-47 are sold in the US ,because of their price which can be $15000 and the legal difficulties .The average gun owner in the US owns one gun (pistol,revolver ),lives in a big city /in the vicinity of a big city and has a low income , people who live in a big city/in the vicinity of a big city in a flat and who have a low income are more exposed to rape, murder, burglary,and these people need a weapon to protect themselves and Hillary who does not live in a flat in the city, who owns $ billions,wants to take the guns away from these people, for the obvious reason everyone knows .And these people have elected Trump (if they voted ) because they knew he was the only one who would protect them .

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied

Nonsense :there is no proof that 10 million Americans own 200 million guns ;your claim is only desinformation from the anti-gun lobby .
    Increase of GDP per capita does not mean increase of number of weapons per capita .Weapons are spread amongst the population,because the poor (= the Deplorables ) need a gun to survive ,and the Deplorables have no money to buy 20 guns .

Your marxist claim that only the rich have weapons is BS .Deplorables have no money to buy weapons for a hobby ,and they have no time for a hobby .
    Your friends have created a situation where the average American needs a weapon to survive, and now they want to take away that weapon .
    The real nonsense comes from you when you make claims without support.

My claims are supported by journal publications

https://www.rsfjournal.org/doi/full/...SF.2017.3.5.02

Put another way, half of the gun stock (approximately 130 million guns) is owned by approximately 86 percent of gun owners, and the other half is owned by 14 percent (14 percent of gun owners equals 7.6 million adults, or 3 percent of the adult U.S. population).9

rsf.2017.3.5.02f2.gif

My claims about the reduced gun-ownership come from the most respected source (GSS) in the social field which is used by the government and institutions of every political affiliation as I have already showed in previous posts

As for the people you call "poor deplorables", they have also been affected by the huge increase of the GDP per capita since the 1970's. So, the "poor deplorables" today" are wealthier than the "poor deplorables" of the past which means that a smaller percentage of such demographic can still purchase more guns than the ones a higher percentage of the same demographic could buy in the past.

Here is a site offering an AK-47 for $700

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/ak-47/rifles/

and here is an offering of a GSG 522 SD in .22 LR for $ 320

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/ca...in-22rd-black/

Here is another offer for $165

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/ca...rd-blued-wood/

If you think that the "deplorables" as you call them in the US cannot afford such prices to get multiple guns over their life, it shows how much clueless you are as a Belgian about the American economic reality. The truth is that the vast majority of people can afford to spend occasionally such amounts. It is not that they have to to do it every month just like they have to do with things like health premiums or other regular expenses!
    Last edited by pamak; 07 Sep 18, 03:31.

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied

I did not know that the Rothschilds and Agnelli were leftists...The Economist has supported the same economic policies that conservatives have supported for years! The Economist also supported Reagan, Dole and Bush.
    Nonsense : you know NOTHING about European politics,and also nothing about American politics : everyone in Italy knows where the political sympathies of the Agnelli are .
    Dole was not a conservative, but a centrist .
    A conservative does not support free immigration as is doing The Economist .
    Agnelli and the Rothschilds belong to the establishment and the establishment is leftwing .

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied

One cannot compare the number guns between the 1970's and today even taking into account the increase of the population without examining the huge increase of the GDP per capita from 1970 until today which permits people to spend more money for their hobbies. See chart in the following link which is adjusted for inflation

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...D?locations=US

And, yes, this 3% which owns half of the gun stock buys guns not because they need all of them but because it is a hobby just like wargames is a hobby for others who spend a lot of money to collect them even though they are not rich and even though they rarely play them...

In other words, none of your observations refutes the information I have provided...
    Nonsense :there is no proof that 10 million Americans own 200 million guns ;your claim is only desinformation from the anti-gun lobby .
    Increase of GDP per capita does not mean increase of number of weapons per capita .Weapons are spread amongst the population,because the poor (= the Deplorables ) need a gun to survive ,and the Deplorables have no money to buy 20 guns .
    Your marxist claim that only the rich have weapons is BS .Deplorables have no money to buy weapons for a hobby ,and they have no time for a hobby .
    Your friends have created a situation where the average American needs a weapon to survive, and now they want to take away that weapon .

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied

The Economist conservative ? Only in your imagination : the Economist is liberal and antisemitic .It supports free immigration, liberalisation of drugs, it supported Kerry, Wilson, Obama .
    Thus your desinformation campaign is doomed to fail .
    The economist is owned by the Rothschilds and Agnelli .=European Deep State .
    I did not know that the Rothschilds and Agnelli were leftists...The Economist has supported the same economic policies that conservatives have supported for years! The Economist also supported Reagan, Dole and Bush.

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied

I did not cite just one article. I cited the most respected source in social survey which is used by the government (as I cited in another link) and conservative media such as the Economist (as I cited in another link). On the other hand, combat 101 and you have cited ZERO evidence for your claims. or for your objections to what I post. So, the fact that you decided to leave this thread after failing to provide a single source or link, shows clearly who among us is the person who really wants to avoid a discussion (or debate) about his claims!
    The Economist conservative ? Only in your imagination : the Economist is liberal and antisemitic .It supports free immigration, liberalisation of drugs, it supported Kerry, Wilson, Obama .
    Thus your desinformation campaign is doomed to fail .
    The economist is owned by the Rothschilds and Agnelli .=European Deep State .

Leave a comment:

• pamak
    replied

Let's see now, the Italians, Turks, and Macedonians kick your ass around a bit.
    Feel free to start a thread about that in the history section, and I will participate just to humiliate you in public by showing everybody here what a troll you are and how much clueless you are regarding military history!
    Here though, you are not going to steer the conversation to unrelated things just because you are unable to support your claims about the reduced gun-ownership rate...

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
    Beirut
    by casanova
    A awful, dedoerate situation for the population in Beirut, Libanon. A Amoniumnitrat-explosion was the cause of the catastrophe....
    Today, 23:35
  • AntiWarmanCake8
    Battlefields
    by AntiWarmanCake8
    One day in the far future I like to visit some Napoleonic battlefields. Does anyone have any ones they would share?

I would like to visit:...
    Today, 20:27
  • AntiWarmanCake8
    COVID-19
    by AntiWarmanCake8
    So I tested positive for COVID 19 yesterday but I had symptoms since last Thursday, probably got pneumonia in my left lung. Been resting at home, quarantined...
    Today, 20:22
Working...
X