Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NRA is Not Too Popular These Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    More on the Russian spy and the NRA:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wi...cid=spartandhp
    MSN again, the NRA will get another donation from me tomorrow, can I send them your regards with it?
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

MSN again, the NRA will get another donation from me tomorrow, can I send them your regards with it?
      NRA membership is up.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylVQ...=RDJzPV5A34GYY
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

NRA membership is up.
          But the America haters dream on...
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

They are too stupid to understand self-protection and want big government to do it for them. They are less than real men.
            My worst jump story:
            No lie.

~
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Yes-that's why there is a probably connection with Russian spying.
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

If somebody wants to talk about the popularity of the NRA these days, he should consider the historical trend of gun ownership in the US

http://www.vpc.org/studies/ownership.pdf

From around 49% of household gun ownership in the 1970's, it has gone down to 33% today. If somebody has different statistics, he can bring it forward. What I see based on the above is that the NRA becomes less popular over time...
                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                  If somebody wants to talk about the popularity of the NRA these days, he should consider the historical trend of gun ownership in the US

From around 49% of household gun ownership in the 1970's, it has gone down to 33% today. If somebody has different statistics, he can bring it forward. What I see based on the above is that the NRA becomes less popular over time...
                  No - the only thing you can say from those figures is that gun ownership might be down. Those figures say absolutely nothing about the NRA.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

No - the only thing you can say from those figures is that gun ownership might be down. Those figures say absolutely nothing about the NRA.
                    As I said, if you have contradictory evidence bring it forward. Just try to find something from neutral (as mush as it is possible) sources. The statistics I brought do not say directly anything about the NRA popularity, but it is reasonable to use these numbers as evidence of the NRA becoming less popular in a society where there are fewer gun owners. A difference between 49% and 33% does not show that gun ownership "might be down" It shows (assuming the study is based on statistics and not ideology) that gun ownership is almost certainly down.
                    Last edited by pamak; 03 Sep 18, 17:34.
                    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

So you in your infinite wisdom of being a Greek citizen now thinks there are fewer guns on the planet.
                      My worst jump story:
                      No lie.

~
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

They do not say it directly but it is reasonable to use this as evidence of the NRA becoming less popular in a society where there are fewer gun owners.
                        The sky is blue; therefore someone painted it reasoning doesn't work all the time.
                        My worst jump story:
                        No lie.

~
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

So you in your infinite wisdom of being a Greek citizen now thinks there are fewer guns on the planet.
                          As a Greek citizen who speaks English I can read and comprehend that the statistics I found do not talk about the number of guns. They talk about the percentage of households. So, there may be more guns in fewer households.

Comment

By the way, the actual study (source) of gun ownership is in the link below. The previous link just used the results of this study

http://www.norc.org/PDFs/GSS%20Repor..._1972-2014.pdf

Notice also that the study is based on the same survey over a period of time between 1972 and 2014. It is not a comparison of different surveys and different methodologies over time which would be meaningless.

and some additional information

One of the main reasons for the decline in household firearm ownership is the decrease in the popularity of hunting (Table 3). In 2014, only 15.4% of adults lived in households in which they, their spouse, or both were hunters. This is the lowest level of hunters since the highest level of 31.6% adults being hunters or married to a hunter in 1977.2

Comment

By the way, the actual study (source) of gun ownership is in the link below. The previous link just used the results of this study

http://www.norc.org/PDFs/GSS%20Repor..._1972-2014.pdf

Notice also that the study is based on the same survey over a period of time between 1972 and 2014. It is not a comparison of different surveys and different methodologies over time which would be meaningless.

and some additional information

One of the main reasons for the decline in household firearm ownership is the decrease in the popularity of hunting (Table 3). In 2014, only 15.4% of adults lived in households in which they, their spouse, or both were hunters. This is the lowest level of hunters since the highest level of 31.6% adults being hunters or married to a hunter in 1977.2
                              I can tell you that the study is pretty much meaningless since there isn't an accurate way to estimate those numbers, too many factors are involved.
                              My worst jump story:
                              No lie.

~
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

They are too stupid to understand self-protection and want big government to do it for them. They are less than real men.
                                Exactly. The patriot act being the best example of conservatives giving up their freedom and calling on the government to protect them.
                                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X