Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surely all decent US conservatives find Trump a reckless, appallingly naïve dupe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Bow View Post
    This man?? is bloody dangerous and libel to start WW3........But dont worry MM or AJ we are all to old to get drafted..... the great grand kids can do that
    And I'm grateful for being old for that reason only. Not about a war - I'v been thoroughly trained for that - but I have no desire to be killed making someone else's political statements.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Bow View Post
      This man?? is bloody dangerous and libel to start WW3........But dont worry MM or AJ we are all to old to get drafted..... the great grand kids can do that
      Not compared to past Presidents. JFK was probably the worst at that. He came within a hare's breath of starting WW 3 at least twice in his short time in office.

      Trump really doesn't even have anyone to start WW 3 with.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

        Not compared to past Presidents. JFK was probably the worst at that. He came within a hare's breath of starting WW 3 at least twice in his short time in office.

        Trump really doesn't even have anyone to start WW 3 with.
        JFK did not embroil us in a ten year meaningless war for nothing in Viet Nam. He knew to pull out. LBJ, the flaming ego from Texas, owns that war.

        If you're thinking about the Cuban Missile Crisis, that one had to be done or we would be under Russia's thumb right now.

        As for Trump, he inherited a crap bucket full of conflicts left behind by the Ayatollah Obama.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

          JFK did not embroil us in a ten year meaningless war for nothing in Viet Nam. He knew to pull out. LBJ, the flaming ego from Texas, owns that war.

          If you're thinking about the Cuban Missile Crisis, that one had to be done or we would be under Russia's thumb right now.

          As for Trump, he inherited a crap bucket full of conflicts left behind by the Ayatollah Obama.
          Cuban missile crisis. That was because Kennedy insisted on deploying Thor and Jupiter IRBM's to England, Italy, and Turkey even though the USAF said they were obsolescent and not worth deploying. The Russians reacted by suddenly taking interest in Cuba, something they hadn't really paid attention to previously, and placing their IRBM's there. That precipitated the Cuban Missile Crisis.

          Kennedy also was involved in the Berlin crisis. During that one, he ordered the US Berlin brigade to begin deploying the several hundred Davy Crocketts they had in storage.

          Both times the world came within one or two men's mistake with a nuke and WW 3 starting.

          LBJ and Vietnam was a major fiasco. Up through Kennedy that had been kept low key with just advisors and a few Green Beret in country. Johnson turned it into a full-blown war with the lie of the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by lodestar View Post
            Surely by now all decent US conservatives must find Trump a reckless, appallingly naïve, boorish, and vulgar dupe?

            In the lead-up to the election I did on many occasions express my liking for Trump. ......................AS AN ENTERTAINER !
            That’s still essentially what he is - he really treats his ‘job’ as another reality show he’s staring in.
            He always seems to make it about him and loves every minute of the attention, lapping up the fear and loathing he deliberately generates.

            He plays to his base in way no other incumbent ever has, regularly feeding them a new dish of red meat to keep them compliant.
            Why the continuing rallies if he won?
            I get that he wants to have a totally different approach to previous occupants of the White House and clean out the ‘swamp’ his supporters think Washington is full of.
            He’s deliberately and I’m’ sure to many of his acolytes, deliciously divisive.
            All of which may make him a great ‘operator’ to those who have joined his personality cult.

            But as a real president….Come on!!
            He’s embarrassing and cringe - worthy.
            Not just to those who voted against him (the majority of those who voted) and the GOP but to a sizeable body of people who see themselves as proper and decent conservatives.

            This latest episode, Trump’s guest appearance on the Vladimir Putin All-Stars Show must mean that for all half-decent, true-American conservatives that enough is enough!
            Bizarre!
            A US president backing a malignant, Machiavellian, Stalin-admiring, ‘Scorpion King’ of a dictator over his own intelligence agencies!
            This just after interfering in UK politics, a faux-pas with the queen and confusing NATO members about whose side the US ultimately is on.

            Sheesh……Surely a debate about impeachment (whether you believe it a political or legal process) must now move to centre stage.
            Can’t have a Manchurian candidate in the White House folks, that’s just in the movies.

            Regards
            lodestar
            Very good analysis of Trump. I think his behavior in Helsinki qualifies for impeachment because a president took an oath with his hand on the Bible.

            "Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
            --Frederick II, King of Prussia

            Comment


            • #21
              If Trump is going to be impeached over Helsinki then Obama needs to be imprisoned for Iran. Johnson certainly should have been impeached for the Bay of Tonkin shenanigans.

              Calm down it's the art of the deal knuckleheads.

              We hunt the hunters

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post

                Very good analysis of Trump. I think his behavior in Helsinki qualifies for impeachment because a president took an oath with his hand on the Bible.
                Reread your USA Constitution, Article. II. Section. 4. .".. Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

                Nasty personality, alleged incompetence, or "just don't like the person", etc. won't float.
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                Comment


                • #23
                  Ben Shapiro is a well respected and established Conservative author-pundit whom has been bluntly critical of Trump. The following has some points of merit;

                  Shapiro At 'National Review': Trump's Putin Conference Was Disgraceful...But How Much Does It Matter?
                  ...
                  On Monday, President Trump gave a deeply disgraceful press conference with Russian dictator Vladimir Putin. The presser began with Trump announcing that although the Russia–U.S. relationship has “never been worse than it is now,” all of that “changed as of about four hours ago.” It was downhill from there. Trump proceeded to state that he held “both countries responsible” for the deterioration of the relationship, then supported Putin’s argument that Russia hadn’'t interfered in the American election in any way: “I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be. . . . I have confidence in both parties.”

                  Both parties. One party being a murderous dictator, and the other the intelligence community that works for him.

                  All of which is disgusting, of course.

                  That doesn'’t mean, as Democrats have suggested, that Trump is in bed with the Russians. Far more likely, it means that Trump’s ego is one giant gaping wound, constantly draining rage over the suggestion that his 2016 election victory was somehow ill-won. To the refusal of former FBI director James Comey to publicly clear him in the collusion investigation, Trump responded by firing Comey; now he’s responded to the Mueller investigation’s indictment of twelve Russian government hackers by proclaiming that Putin might be innocent after all. This isn’t about some nefarious plot. It’s about Trump’s ridiculous ego problem.

                  None of that acts as justification for Trump’s behavior, of course.

                  But it does explain why when Trump says stuff, it often doesn'’t matter.

                  More than a year ago, I wrote in these pages that Americans were beginning to tune Trump out. “Many Americans have been treating Trump as a guy to ignore except when he bothers them, an approach that seems pretty reasonable at this point,” I suggested. But could Trump’s rhetoric make a difference with regard to foreign policy? Over at The New Republic, Jeet Heer criticized that idea that it couldn’'t, stating that “the very nature of our modern world, and the United States’ supremacy, makes it impossible to dismiss an American president’s word.”

                  But that’s obviously untrue. The rest of the world has already dismissed Trump’s verbiage on various occasions. Last week, for example, he tore into NATO; according to the Wall Street Journal, he even told NATO members that he would “do my own thing” if members didn'’t increase their military spending. What was the upshot? Nothing. Leaders at NATO quickly closed ranks and stated that NATO was as strong as ever, ignoring Trump’s pyrotechnics. They figured, correctly, that Trump’s national-security establishment isn'’t going to facilitate a pullout from NATO and that if they gave him some sort of rhetorical victory, he’d go back to watching Shark Week.
                  ...
                  Again, that’s not a defense of Trump. But it is an argument that the panic induced by his verbiage should be tempered with the knowledge that he says a lot of stuff, and that members of his own administration ignore most of it when it comes time to implement policy. They know it, Putin knows it, and the press knows it. Only Trump seems blissfully unaware of the disconnect between the nonsense he spews and the policy his administration promulgates. In this case, we’re better off for that disconnect.
                  ....
                  https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ence-disgrace/
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Rand Paul: Hillary Colluded With Russia, Not Trump
                    ...
                    On Wednesday morning, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) told Fox News' Bill Hemmer that the only person we have evidence of colluding with Russia is twice-failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, not President Donald Trump.

                    Sen. Paul made his comments in the aftermath of Trump's controversial meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Paul has been a fierce defender of the president as Trump faces backlash from both sides of the aisle for seemingly suggesting he did not believe U.S. intel agencies about Russian meddling in the 2016 election -- though he walked back the remark on Tuesday.

                    The senator suggested Trump made the unclear comment because he couldn't, or didn't want to, differentiate between the bogus allegations of Trump-Russia collusion, of which there is no evidence, and general Russian meddling.

                    "The president sees the Mueller investigation; he sees all these accusations from partisan Democrats, Hillary Clinton, saying 'Oh, he colluded with the Russians,'" explained Paul.

                    "The only people who we actually know colluded with the Russians were Hillary Clinton who paid a British agent who paid Russians for information for the dossier," he declared, referencing the so-called "Steele dossier" which was funded by Hillary and the DNC.

                    "He feels like the intelligence community cooked up a political and partisan investigation, but, also, part of the Mueller investigation is something that should have investigated and that is: Who hacked into Hillary Clinton’s emails?" he continued.

                    "There is part of the Mueller investigation that is legitimate and part of it that is a partisan attack on the president," said Paul, adding that Trump is responded to the part about Trump-Russia collusion.
                    ...
                    https://www.dailywire.com/news/33244...-prestigiacomo
                    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                      Surely by now all decent US conservatives must find Trump a reckless, appallingly naïve, boorish, and vulgar dupe?
                      As a mover and shaker, he has his followers in the political naive and disinterested.



                      Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                      In the lead-up to the election I did on many occasions express my liking for Trump. ......................AS AN ENTERTAINER !
                      Sad to say, but do not most politicians are being build up to this purpose ?
                      It's all about ratings, and the MSM loves winners. Trump delivers it.

                      Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                      That’s still essentially what he is - he really treats his ‘job’ as another reality show he’s staring in.
                      Do not blame Trump for this format, the networks reduced politics this way.

                      Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                      He always seems to make it about him and loves every minute of the attention, lapping up the fear and loathing he deliberately generates.
                      You remember the wrestling heroes, people love the drama, and a good fight, and there has to be a good villain. Trump serves both images, whatever party you in, you have him either way.

                      Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                      He plays to his base in way no other incumbent ever has, regularly feeding them a new dish of red meat to keep them compliant.
                      Why the continuing rallies if he won?
                      This momentum might carry him into the next election period, it would not surprise me, if he wins.

                      Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                      I get that he wants to have a totally different approach to previous occupants of the White House and clean out the ‘swamp’ his supporters think Washington is full of.
                      Washington had this coming a long time ago, look of how issues, real or BS where being tackled, or simply news of high importance not being addressed at all, at the networks. CNN was one of the worst offenders.

                      Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                      He’s deliberately and I’m’ sure to many of his acolytes, deliciously divisive.
                      All of which may make him a great ‘operator’ to those who have joined his personality cult.
                      You have to give him, that he does delivers, up to the point, that he often retracks, if he has no other choices. But anyway, who pays attention to the retracktions ?

                      Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                      But as a real president….Come on!!
                      Who was the last real American president ? That is the question bugging me for a long time .
                      It seems to get from bad, really bad, to worse.
                      Ask yourself, why the American presidential candidate is to be chosen from the Oligarchy ?
                      They are all filthy rich , aren't they ?

                      Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                      He’s embarrassing and cringe - worthy.
                      Not just to those who voted against him (the majority of those who voted) and the GOP but to a sizeable body of people who see themselves as proper and decent conservatives.
                      The pool of decent Republicans has pretty much thinned out, I can only find Ron Paul, and you ?

                      Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                      This latest episode, Trump’s guest appearance on the Vladimir Putin All-Stars Show must mean that for all half-decent, true-American conservatives that enough is enough!
                      Bizarre!
                      A US president backing a malignant, Machiavellian, Stalin-admiring, ‘Scorpion King’ of a dictator over his own intelligence agencies!
                      This just after interfering in UK politics, a faux-pas with the queen and confusing NATO members about whose side the US ultimately is on.
                      Does it ever occur to you, that this malignant, Machiavellian, Stalin-admiring, ‘Scorpion King’ of a dictator, could actually be a half decent person ?
                      that really does serve his country, without compromise and wavering ?
                      Does it not occur to you that you are being hoodwinked by one of the most vile and corrupt MSM ?

                      Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                      Sheesh……Surely a debate about impeachment (whether you believe it a political or legal process) must now move to centre stage.
                      Can’t have a Manchurian candidate in the White House folks, that’s just in the movies.

                      Regards
                      lodestar
                      You are a fool to believe, if you believe that cutting off this head, the only head of this monster you are able to see of the hydra, will resolve the issues at hand. What, if it gets worse after this deed ?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        A conservative viewpoint:

                        https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
                        We are not now that strength which in old days
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Massena View Post
                          I have a question... Where is there a conservative viewpoint in that article?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                            Not compared to past Presidents. JFK was probably the worst at that. He came within a hare's breath of starting WW 3 at least twice in his short time in office.

                            Trump really doesn't even have anyone to start WW 3 with.
                            Iran which leads to Russian involvement. North Korea which leads to Chinese involvement.
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

                            The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Surely all decent US conservatives find Democrats reckless, appallingly naïve dupes.

                              Yes, we do.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

                                Iran which leads to Russian involvement. North Korea which leads to Chinese involvement.
                                I doubt that Russia would get involved to pull Iran's chestnuts out of a fire other than supply materials.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X