Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surely all decent US conservatives find Trump a reckless, appallingly naïve dupe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surely all decent US conservatives find Trump a reckless, appallingly naïve dupe?

Surely by now all decent US conservatives must find Trump a reckless, appallingly naïve, boorish, and vulgar dupe?

In the lead-up to the election I did on many occasions express my liking for Trump. ......................AS AN ENTERTAINER !
    That’s still essentially what he is - he really treats his ‘job’ as another reality show he’s staring in.
    He always seems to make it about him and loves every minute of the attention, lapping up the fear and loathing he deliberately generates.

He plays to his base in way no other incumbent ever has, regularly feeding them a new dish of red meat to keep them compliant.
    Why the continuing rallies if he won?
    I get that he wants to have a totally different approach to previous occupants of the White House and clean out the ‘swamp’ his supporters think Washington is full of.
    He’s deliberately and I’m’ sure to many of his acolytes, deliciously divisive.
    All of which may make him a great ‘operator’ to those who have joined his personality cult.

But as a real president….Come on!!
    He’s embarrassing and cringe - worthy.
    Not just to those who voted against him (the majority of those who voted) and the GOP but to a sizeable body of people who see themselves as proper and decent conservatives.

This latest episode, Trump’s guest appearance on the Vladimir Putin All-Stars Show must mean that for all half-decent, true-American conservatives that enough is enough!
    Bizarre!
    A US president backing a malignant, Machiavellian, Stalin-admiring, ‘Scorpion King’ of a dictator over his own intelligence agencies!
    This just after interfering in UK politics, a faux-pas with the queen and confusing NATO members about whose side the US ultimately is on.

Sheesh……Surely a debate about impeachment (whether you believe it a political or legal process) must now move to centre stage.
    Can’t have a Manchurian candidate in the White House folks, that’s just in the movies.

Regards
    lodestar

The qualifier you used there is important, "decent", so the question is how many decent US conservatives are there?

For the rest of them, Trump said before the election he could shoot someone and his supporters wouldn't care. That still rings true today. For many it doesn't matter what he does, even selling out to Russia, his core supporters will still be behind him. They don't care about the country.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Don't drink anymore of the kool aid the next sip may do you in.
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

I will admit it is pretty disturbing when a president makes a statement like this.

“The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”
        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by lodestar View Post
          Surely by now all decent US conservatives must find Trump a reckless, appallingly naïve, boorish, and vulgar dupe?

In the lead-up to the election I did on many occasions express my liking for Trump. ......................AS AN ENTERTAINER !
          That’s still essentially what he is - he really treats his ‘job’ as another reality show he’s staring in.
          He always seems to make it about him and loves every minute of the attention, lapping up the fear and loathing he deliberately generates.

He plays to his base in way no other incumbent ever has, regularly feeding them a new dish of red meat to keep them compliant.
          I get that he wants to have a totally different approach to previous occupants of the White House and clean out the ‘swamp’ his supporters think Washington is full of.
          All of which may make him a great ‘operator’ to those who have joined his personality cult.

Not just to those who voted against him (the majority of those who voted) and the GOP but to a sizeable body of people who see themselves as proper and decent conservatives.

This latest episode, Trump’s guest appearance on the Vladimir Putin All-Stars Show must mean that for all half-decent, true-American conservatives that enough is enough!
          Bizarre!
          A US president backing a malignant, Machiavellian, Stalin-admiring, ‘Scorpion King’ of a dictator over his own intelligence agencies!
          This just after interfering in UK politics, a faux-pas with the queen and confusing NATO members about whose side the US ultimately is on.

Sheesh……Surely a debate about impeachment (whether you believe it a political or legal process) must now move to centre stage.
          Can’t have a Manchurian candidate in the White House folks, that’s just in the movies.

Regards
          lodestar
          I do not remember that you were criticising Obama when he asked the British not to vote for Brexit .
          That Putin is a dictator (which he is NOT :have you ever heard of a dictator who won the elections with 60 % of the votes ? ) is NOT your business or the business of the US, but only the business of the Russians .
          And why should the US be on the side of Merkel who is doing business with a malignant, machiavellian, Stalin admirer,Scorpio King dictator ?
          And I see that you are making one of your own-goals by labelling Putin as a Machiavellian, thus praising him : the highest praise one can give to a politician is to say that he is machiavellian, US need a lot of Machiavellians . A lot .Not imbeciles as Obama .

Comment

I don't. I find it refreshing that there's someone in Dirty City that scares the hell out of every entrenched bureaucrat and politician there is. Obama was a worthless, lazy, inept, front man for the equivalent of Barnum and Bailey's sideshow. The guy couldn't make a useful decision to save his life.

Trump is a wrecking ball gone mad. I love that. You know you are doing something right when the bureaucrats, managers, and career politicians in a large organization are all in hysteria over what he's doing. The real imbecile was Obama. He was a lackey and little more. The same people screaming about their hair on fire with Trump were the ones that liked Obama because he was nothing more than a useful idiot, a figurehead.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              I don't. I find it refreshing that there's someone in Dirty City that scares the hell out of every entrenched bureaucrat and politician there is. Obama was a worthless, lazy, inept, front man for the equivalent of Barnum and Bailey's sideshow. The guy couldn't make a useful decision to save his life.

Trump is a wrecking ball gone mad. I love that. You know you are doing something right when the bureaucrats, managers, and career politicians in a large organization are all in hysteria over what he's doing. The real imbecile was Obama. He was a lackey and little more. The same people screaming about their hair on fire with Trump were the ones that liked Obama because he was nothing more than a useful idiot, a figurehead.
              The job pays well you have to give him that
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

The job pays well you have to give him that
                He needs money like a toad needs more warts.

Besides he's donated his pay so far...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cts/334379002/

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

He needs money like a toad needs more warts.

Besides he's donated his pay so far...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cts/334379002/
                  I was referring to how lucrative being a community organizer can be.
                  We hunt the hunters

Comment

The irony of lodestar questioning someone else's sanity or intelligence is astounding. I knew my IL looked too short.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

The Dems want to bring back the "good ole days" of the Cold War...and Trump is reckless?
                      {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

This man?? is bloody dangerous and libel to start WW3........But dont worry MM or AJ we are all to old to get drafted..... the great grand kids can do that

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
                          This man?? is bloody dangerous and libel to start WW3........But dont worry MM or AJ we are all to old to get drafted..... the great grand kids can do that
                          Actually starting WW3 is in liberal agenda, not in Trump's.
                          There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post

I see... Speaking with the leader of a nuclear power is reckless, but screaming about unproven allegations about election tampering, inditing officers of another country without proof and so on are cool-headed attempts to diffuse the situation.

What reality are these people living in ?

Comment

Originally posted by lodestar View Post

Bizarre!

Regards
                              lodestar
                              Et tu, Brute`?
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X