Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WATCH: Former Watergate Prosecutor Says Trump Presser Like 'Pearl Harbor Attack Or Kristallnacht'
    So, President Trump’s press conference with Russian dictator Vladimir Putin on Monday was pretty awful. But the responses to that press conference have verged into the hysterical for some on the Left. Take, for example, Watergate prosecutor Jill Wine-Banks, who told Ali Velshi of MSNBC that Trump’s performance “will live in infamy as much as the Pearl Harbor attack or Kristallnacht.”

Well, no. Some 2,403 Americans were killed during Pearl Harbor, and the incident launched American involvement in World War II; Kristallnacht involved 90+ deaths, massive property damage, and open season on Jews throughout Germany culminating in the Holocaust. That’s not quite the president of the United States saying bizarrely complimentary things about a foreign dictator.

Then there were the myriad Democrats who claimed that Trump had performed an act of treason. CBS late night host Stephen Colbert, who was allegedly funny at one point in time, explained, “Okay, egotism plus naïveté times false equivalence equals . . . yeah, treason.” Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) tweeted, “Where are our military folks? The Commander in Chief is in the hands of our enemy!”

All of this is vastly overstated. Trump made a fool of himself and undermined the credibility of our intelligence agencies. Isn’t that enough? Or does everything have to be the end of the world? And if everything is the end of the world, how can we be expected to determine which end-of-the-world event is worst, and thus deserving of our serious panic?
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/33164...aign=position4
    Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

More deflection on your part I see.
      I think my post helps provide added perspective.
      Your post is the one that provides a convenient deflection.

Comment

• Back to the topic,

After the shameless image of Trump looking like a castrated CIC talking about how Putin was sooo strong and powerful (in bed?), today it seems that Trump found the balls he left in the US before his departure for the Helsinki summit

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/18/polit...nce/index.html

President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he holds his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin personally responsible for Moscow's attempts to interfere in the 2016 US election.

Speaking to CBS, Trump said he would consider Putin culpable because he's Russia's leader.
        "I would because he's in charge of the country just like I consider myself to be responsible for things that happen in this country," Trump said. "So certainly as the leader of the country you would have to hold him responsible."

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Putin propaganda .From Australia . A lot of Putin agents in Australia .
          News to me. Tell me more.

No, I just described it as I saw it. I'm neither pro or anti-Trump, knowing nothing of his domestic performance.

And actually Mr Putin is heartily disliked around here:- due to the loss of a certain airliner brought down by a Russian missile.

"I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
          Samuel Johnson.

Comment

WATCH: Former Watergate Prosecutor Says Trump Presser Like 'Pearl Harbor Attack Or Kristallnacht'
            So, President Trump’s press conference with Russian dictator Vladimir Putin on Monday was pretty awful. But the responses to that press conference have verged into the hysterical for some on the Left. Take, for example, Watergate prosecutor Jill Wine-Banks, who told Ali Velshi of MSNBC that Trump’s performance “will live in infamy as much as the Pearl Harbor attack or Kristallnacht.”

Well, no. Some 2,403 Americans were killed during Pearl Harbor, and the incident launched American involvement in World War II; Kristallnacht involved 90+ deaths, massive property damage, and open season on Jews throughout Germany culminating in the Holocaust. That’s not quite the president of the United States saying bizarrely complimentary things about a foreign dictator.

Then there were the myriad Democrats who claimed that Trump had performed an act of treason. CBS late night host Stephen Colbert, who was allegedly funny at one point in time, explained, “Okay, egotism plus naïveté times false equivalence equals . . . yeah, treason.” Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) tweeted, “Where are our military folks? The Commander in Chief is in the hands of our enemy!”

All of this is vastly overstated. Trump made a fool of himself and undermined the credibility of our intelligence agencies. Isn’t that enough? Or does everything have to be the end of the world? And if everything is the end of the world, how can we be expected to determine which end-of-the-world event is worst, and thus deserving of our serious panic?
            I've lost count of the number of times Anti Trumpers have squealed about the world coming to an end. Mostly I just laugh at them.

Under Obama they cozied up to Putin. When Trump said there was Russian interference they laughed. Then Trump won and NOW they were concerned. When he talks tough they shriek and scream that nuclear war is imminent. When he speaks softly they accuse him of being buddy buddy. Had he been tough with Russia they'd be squealing about nuclear war. He didn't so they stamp their feet and howl about how soft he was.

If he cured cancer, they'd root for cancer. If he declared himself pro breathing they would die by the thousands holding their breath. Its hard to take them seriously on anything. The downside is their ridiculous antics make it hard to focus on legit points of criticism. Trump could definitely have done better at Helsinki. But the tantrum throwers overwhelm the constructive criticism needed to improve.
            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

• ironic that Trump "caved in" to Putin- he bullied Rubio for doing the same thing during the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tqPreqxFo4

Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
              Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
              Barbarossa Derailed I & II
              Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

I've lost count of the number of times Anti Trumpers have squealed about the world coming to an end. Mostly I just laugh at them.

Under Obama they cozied up to Putin. When Trump said there was Russian interference they laughed. Then Trump won and NOW they were concerned. When he talks tough they shriek and scream that nuclear war is imminent. When he speaks softly they accuse him of being buddy buddy. Had he been tough with Russia they'd be squealing about nuclear war. He didn't so they stamp their feet and howl about how soft he was.

If he cured cancer, they'd root for cancer. If he declared himself pro breathing they would die by the thousands holding their breath. Its hard to take them seriously on anything. The downside is their ridiculous antics make it hard to focus on legit points of criticism. Trump could definitely have done better at Helsinki. But the tantrum throwers overwhelm the constructive criticism needed to improve.
                Well, perhaps it's about time you listen to an outsider(non-american) opinion for once, to get some perspective? The US system is exactly how you describe, from both sides. Of course, that opinion is not very favourable towards Trump but neither is it so outlandish as what you get from your fellow countrymen.

I am still to receive an answer regarding what the conservatives here make of the fact that the only people Trump hasn't alienated or insulted in one form or another are Putin and Kim. Surely you've noticed this yourself as well...
                Wisdom is personal

Comment

• Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

News to me. Tell me more.

No, I just described it as I saw it. I'm neither pro or anti-Trump, knowing nothing of his domestic performance.
                  So The Donald never grabbed you by your pu$$y?

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

And actually Mr Putin is heartily disliked around here:-
                    Your MSM propaganda machine still functions well, and you guys can't handle the truth.

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                    due to the loss of a certain airliner brought down by a Russian missile.
                    Because the investigation was handed over to a private firm, who made it official "The Russians did it !"
                    got everyone convinced, who wanted to be convinced. The truth got hijacked, like a drug addiction, to a cancer patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Konzev View Post

Your MSM propaganda machine still functions well, and you guys can't handle the truth.

Because the investigation was handed over to a private firm, who made it official "The Russians did it !"
                      got everyone convinced, who wanted to be convinced. The truth got hijacked, like a drug addiction, to a cancer patient.
                      Is your Blow up doll of Putin patched up yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Karri View Post

Well, perhaps it's about time you listen to an outsider(non-american) opinion for once, to get some perspective? The US system is exactly how you describe, from both sides. Of course, that opinion is not very favourable towards Trump but neither is it so outlandish as what you get from your fellow countrymen.

I am still to receive an answer regarding what the conservatives here make of the fact that the only people Trump hasn't alienated or insulted in one form or another are Putin and Kim. Surely you've noticed this yourself as well...
                        "Little rocket man" isn't an insult?
                        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthrax View Post
                          I also hope you all watched the inteview Putin did on Fox News.
                          It's a disgrace, how the MSM ,the libtard democrats and some neo cons reacted. What counts most, that the Deep State was slowed done.
                          war is not on the imediate agenda, and I believe that was Trumps concern, even if he hides behind a business posture. Trump knows, only with Russia and China together, can we tackle the enormous problems we face, the endless and perpetual military spending will doom us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

"Little rocket man" isn't an insult?
                            Far too mild to be one....

Comment

[B]WATCH: That’s not quite the president of the United States saying bizarrely complimentary things about a foreign dictator.

A lot of US presidents have said a lot of complimentary things about foreign dictators :
                              FDR about Stalin
                              Ike about Franco
                              Johnson about the generals of SVN
                              Carter about the Shah
                              Obama about Mursi
                              Etc,etc,
                              A lot of PHs.
                              And the Democratic media followed as a lap dog.

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post

A lot of US presidents have said a lot of complimentary things about foreign dictators :
                                FDR about Stalin
                                Ike about Franco
                                Johnson about the generals of SVN
                                Carter about the Shah
                                Obama about Mursi
                                Etc,etc,
                                A lot of PHs.
                                And the Democratic media followed as a lap dog.
                                None of these presidents praised dictators when the latter were acting as adversaries against the US. On this, Trump is in his own league. Well, perhaps he is up there with Chamberlain. And by this, I do not imply that Putin is like Hitler. What I do say though is that after such pathetic performance, Putin, just like Hitler:

1 has humiliated his adversary
                                2 gained more popularity among his people
                                3 got a dangerous feedback of weakness which may convince him that he can continue with his current tactic

All of the above count against the US...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X