Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trey Gowdy damages Mueller's investigation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Massena View Post

    The arrogance and conduct of the Republicans on the two committees is 'astounding.' It also is very, very stupid.
    Wow, you fit right in with the Dems. That's nothing new though. Your gal lost, get over it.
    Credo quia absurdum.


    Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      The C-SPAN Video.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANohtXQhkQw

      The arrogance of Strzok is just astounding...
      This seems to be the observation of family and friends who have been watching the hearings, and just what I have observed in passing. It is amazing just how stupid really arrogant people are.

      Tuebor

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

        Wow, you fit right in with the Dems. That's nothing new though. Your gal lost, get over it.
        Just don't get him started on Jefferson.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Massena View Post

          Is there another hearing with Strzok today?
          Not a hearing but a closed door meeting.
          His lover, former FBI lawyer Lisa Page is meeting with the House panel privately today.
          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

          "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

          Comment


          • #35
            The question is why was Clinton not afraid of the FBI and destroyed evidence and obstructed the email investigation. Trump is clearly only afraid of the harm the Mueller investigation is doing and is even allowing the justice department to obstruct congress to reduce the damage.

            The Mueller investigation is damaging the Democratic party just as the DNC leaks did. If they had allowed their servers to be examined by the FBI and cooperated to make the Mueller team less biased then they would have controlled the damage. The way they handled things they have alienated large numbers of progressives and the center left.
            We hunt the hunters

            Comment


            • #36
              What I see in all of that video is:

              Strzok and the FBI are stonewalling to the best of their ability. Why? Because this is making them look terrible. Strzok was and is clearly biased against Trump. The question is how did this affect his investigation in the Russia matter.

              The Democrats very clearly are trying to run interference for Strzok because they too recognize this and don't want the Russia investigation derailed. That has the potential to harm their November election chances. So, I can't really blame them for doing what's politically smart for them.

              The Republicans have found a proverbial "smoking gun" for claims the whole Mueller investigation is a "witch hunt." Doesn't matter whether it is or not. Strzok has given them solid evidence they can point to that it is. So, they want to enlarge the wound, so-to-speak, as much as possible.

              The Result is Strzok royally screwed up and got caught. If I were his boss, particularly if I was in a position that detached me from this matter like being put in that position after it happened, I'd wreck Strzok's career in a nanosecond. Why? Because I wouldn't want to be put in a position that Strzok could taint my career down the road. Strzok is damaged goods.

              Somebody mentioned Mark Furman. Another example of a backstory that destroys his present credibility. The prosecution there did a horrid job of damage control. I don't think there's much the FBI or Mueller can do to fix their problem with Strzok other than blackball him and wreck his career, assuming he's stupid enough to try and stay with the bureau.

              Computers and electronic communications are rat ba$+ards and they'll hang you every time. I've been saying that for decades. If you don't want people to know something, don't put it on the internet, e-mail, or social media. If you do, it can come back to bite you in the @$$ every time.

              Comment


              • #37
                I really don't want to see the Democratic party destroyed because a liberal voice is necessary for the hierarchy even if it is mostly merit based for it not to become tyrannical. At some point they are going to have to cut their losses and regroup.

                Nothing illustrated how sick the democratic party is than the recent presidential election. The divide within the party is illustrated by the uncrossable chasm of choosing between a socialist and a war mongering, neo liberal corporatist to be the candidate.

                Defending Strzok is a win at all cost strategy focus on Trump who is more a business democrat than a conservative. Defeating Trump does nothing to help the democrats accept assure that any future candidate they put up will be buried in criminal investigations. Working with the never Trumpers in the republican party would have been a better strategy than trying to impeach him.

                What we are seeing is a party destroyed by Obama's identity politics that gave him personal advantages that could never have been transferred to the party in general. The leadership was so parasitised by ideology to equate sex and race as demographically equivalent tools. A faux liberal woman and a articulate black man are very different animals.
                We hunt the hunters

                Comment


                • #38
                  Judicial Watch's take on it. (This is worth watching.) You won't hear it elsewhere...


                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nrdi9ix-sk
                  Credo quia absurdum.


                  Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                    I really don't want to see the Democratic party destroyed because a liberal voice is necessary for the hierarchy even if it is mostly merit based for it not to become tyrannical. At some point they are going to have to cut their losses and regroup.

                    Nothing illustrated how sick the democratic party is than the recent presidential election. The divide within the party is illustrated by the uncrossable chasm of choosing between a socialist and a war mongering, neo liberal corporatist to be the candidate.

                    Defending Strzok is a win at all cost strategy focus on Trump who is more a business democrat than a conservative. Defeating Trump does nothing to help the democrats accept assure that any future candidate they put up will be buried in criminal investigations. Working with the never Trumpers in the republican party would have been a better strategy than trying to impeach him.

                    What we are seeing is a party destroyed by Obama's identity politics that gave him personal advantages that could never have been transferred to the party in general. The leadership was so parasitised by ideology to equate sex and race as demographically equivalent tools. A faux liberal woman and a articulate black man are very different animals.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      A faux liberal woman and a articulate black man are very different animals.
                      Not when they are both black.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        More on today's indictments:

                        https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

                        I don't think that the Mueller investigation is anywhere near done nor damaged.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          What I see in all of that video is:

                          Strzok and the FBI are stonewalling to the best of their ability. Why? Because this is making them look terrible. Strzok was and is clearly biased against Trump. The question is how did this affect his investigation in the Russia matter.

                          The Democrats very clearly are trying to run interference for Strzok because they too recognize this and don't want the Russia investigation derailed. That has the potential to harm their November election chances. So, I can't really blame them for doing what's politically smart for them.

                          The Republicans have found a proverbial "smoking gun" for claims the whole Mueller investigation is a "witch hunt." Doesn't matter whether it is or not. Strzok has given them solid evidence they can point to that it is. So, they want to enlarge the wound, so-to-speak, as much as possible.

                          The Result is Strzok royally screwed up and got caught. If I were his boss, particularly if I was in a position that detached me from this matter like being put in that position after it happened, I'd wreck Strzok's career in a nanosecond. Why? Because I wouldn't want to be put in a position that Strzok could taint my career down the road. Strzok is damaged goods.

                          Somebody mentioned Mark Furman. Another example of a backstory that destroys his present credibility. The prosecution there did a horrid job of damage control. I don't think there's much the FBI or Mueller can do to fix their problem with Strzok other than blackball him and wreck his career, assuming he's stupid enough to try and stay with the bureau.

                          Computers and electronic communications are rat ba$+ards and they'll hang you every time. I've been saying that for decades. If you don't want people to know something, don't put it on the internet, e-mail, or social media. If you do, it can come back to bite you in the @$$ every time.
                          The Mueller investigation is not derailed, the FBI isn't 'stonewalling'; Mueller fired Strozk as soon as he found out about the emails; and the people that should be careful are those from the Trump campaign and his administration. The 12 indictments that came out today clearly demonstrate that the Russians are knee deep interfering with the 2016 election and perhaps that is why Trump is afraid of Putin; he surely is very afraid of Mueller.

                          Yesterday's hearing only showed how petty and small the Congressional Republicans are. Strzok won yesterday's go-round, not the Congressional Republicans.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            The 12 indictments of Russian intelligence officers mean nothing. They won't be arrested and brought to trial here in America. When Mueller indicted the other Russian entities in the previous batch, one of Russian entities (a Russian firm) decided to challenge the indictment in the court, Mueller's team scrambled and end up embarrassing themselves when it was discovered that one of the entities did not exist at the time of indictment.

                            Frankly, in my opinion, Mueller indicted 12 ham sandwiches.

                            One more thing, it is worth pointing out that neither FBI nor Mueller's team had a chance to examine the DNC's server forensically. So they cannot say with certainty that DNC's server was hacked from outside. All they have is a third party's forensic analysis. Although some in US intelligence community say Crowdstrike (the company hired to do an analysis of DNC's server) is pretty good and there's no reason not to trust their conclusions, it is pretty instructive to see DNC blocking FBI from accessing the server.

                            On this subject, I don't trust anything that comes out of DNC's mouth or its third party firm because it was hired by DNC as well. There's no reason to believe they were acting neutrally either.

                            http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...servers-report
                            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

                            "Aim small, miss small."

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Ironic to have this thread today when Mueller indicted 12 Russian intelligence officials who attempted for the first time to hack servers used by Hillary's personal office at around July 27, 2016, the day when our current CIC INVITED them to find Hillary's emails.
                              I recall when the Trump supporters were telling us then that we should not take Trump's word literalily. The Russians apparently did not get that memo...
                              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                                The 12 indictments of Russian intelligence officers mean nothing. They won't be arrested and brought to trial here in America. When Mueller indicted the other Russian entities in the previous batch, one of Russian entities (a Russian firm) decided to challenge the indictment in the court, Mueller's team scrambled and end up embarrassing themselves when it was discovered that one of the entities did not exist at the time of indictment.

                                Frankly, in my opinion, Mueller indicted 12 ham sandwiches.

                                One more thing, it is worth pointing out that neither FBI nor Mueller's team had a chance to examine the DNC's server forensically. So they cannot say with certainty that DNC's server was hacked from outside. All they have is a third party's forensic analysis. Although some in US intelligence community say Crowdstrike (the company hired to do an analysis of DNC's server) is pretty good and there's no reason not to trust their conclusions, it is pretty instructive to see DNC blocking FBI from accessing the server.

                                On this subject, I don't trust anything that comes out of DNC's mouth or its third party firm because it was hired by DNC as well. There's no reason to believe they were acting neutrally either.

                                http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...servers-report
                                The Russian indictments are throw-away paper, serving to make Mueller look like he was doing something. If he had followed it up with action it would have buttressed his case, but too much time has passed.

                                The defense being unable to have their own experts examine the server is going to be a problem for Mueller. It is certainly another point for the defense to hammer on the foundations of the case, assuming it doesn't really jam Mueller up in pre-trial motions.

                                Every case that makes it to trial has mistakes and timeline gaps in it; that's where the lawyers on both sides make their money: defending, and attacking, any given case's weak spots.

                                Casey Anthony is a classic example: a first-time lawyer (in a murder case, not his first case) spotted the weak point in the prosecution evidence trail, and hammered it until he got a not guilty verdict.
                                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X