Is Doxxing Legal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

They are trivial, unless the race card is all you have in life. Then is becomes the biggest issue ever,. Mainly they establish who the whiny little b*tches are.

The only way I can see that this practice is illegal is if the person doing it obtained the data unlawfully, or included data protected by law.
    People should notice how race becomes trivial ONLY after the target of a racial insult pushes back. in a legal way. Before that, race was important enough to make a person eager to launch racial insults because obviously people do not insult others for matters that are perceived as trivial. It shows who the real whiny little b*tches are...
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Opportunists will make something as trivial as a racial slur stated in the heat of emotions into something big if there is some sort of pay-day to gain out of it. It seems the pay-day was the glee they got out to destroy someone's livelihood. Typical leftist crap as usual. Though I'm sure bad humans beings do it regardless of their political leanings--it's just this type of behavior is one of the negative monopolies leftists have at this time.

I've had racial slurs used against me. They ran off me like water, because they're just words. And the people using it against me weren't doing it because of road rage or drunken aggression. They were real racists acting out their hate. But I didn't destroy their lives. Being racists, their lives are bad enough and karma will bite them in the ass one of these days over it. I've got enough real, actual problems to worry about instead of worrying what others think of me and the color of my skin. Skin color is irrelevant anyway, only important to actual racists--like the left here in this country.
      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

What if you had a crazy ex? They can be a real pita and can dox you.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
          Skin color is irrelevant anyway, only important to actual racists--like the left here in this country.
          Skin color is irrelevant to you because your white.the color black is what you have a problem with.
          Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Anti-bullying or cyber bullying laws are directed at harassment by an individual. If I identify you and others harass you, the law will not punish me. It can only try to punish the persons actively harassing you.
            While this may seem to be a fine line and we all know what the purpose of doxxing is, we cannot hold a person responsible for independent criminal acts of others unless the "doxxer" is somehow directly involved in the criminal acts. Merely disclosing your personal information is not a criminal act, nor would it permit you to sue me in civil court. You could only do that if I had entered into an agreement with you (directly) not to disclose your personal information
            That depends on your source. If you got that information from a privileged source or one that was protected under the Freedom of Information Act, it could be a criminal offense on its own.
            I can also sue you in civil court if your actions disclosed privileged information that caused me damage. Say, for instance, you disclose information about me that causes another party to terminate a contract when I was otherwise fulfilling my part of it. That would be cause for me to be able to sue you for that disclosure, particularly if it were not publicly available information.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

That depends on your source. If you got that information from a privileged source or one that was protected under the Freedom of Information Act, it could be a criminal offense on its own.
              I can also sue you in civil court if your actions disclosed privileged information that caused me damage. Say, for instance, you disclose information about me that causes another party to terminate a contract when I was otherwise fulfilling my part of it. That would be cause for me to be able to sue you for that disclosure, particularly if it were not publicly available information.

In order to sue me in civil court you have to establish that I have a duty to you not to disclose your personal information.
              Absent a fiduciary duty or a contract that is pretty tough (or impossible) to do.
              If I got the info from a FOIA, I wouldn’’’t owe you a duty not to disclose your information. I think that duty would rest with the agency that gave out the information.
              You can’’’t FOIA the State to get driver’s license information on a person, but if the State screws up and discloses your information your claim would be against the State, not the person who they disclosed it to. (Absent some statute that addresses this issue)
              The State has a duty to you, but the recipient of the information does not.

Regardless, the ability to sue me in civil court does not make the “doxxing” illegal, it just means I could owe you money damages.

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

The source is you, the person who placed your own information publicly available on the internet. Doxxing is not the same as hacking, stealing, or whatever of the information. it's just putting together what you have yourself said.
                Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                  Opportunists will make something as trivial as a racial slur stated in the heat of emotions into something big if there is some sort of pay-day to gain out of it. It seems the pay-day was the glee they got out to destroy someone's livelihood. Typical leftist crap as usual. Though I'm sure bad humans beings do it regardless of their political leanings--it's just this type of behavior is one of the negative monopolies leftists have at this time.

I've had racial slurs used against me. They ran off me like water, because they're just words. And the people using it against me weren't doing it because of road rage or drunken aggression. They were real racists acting out their hate. But I didn't destroy their lives. Being racists, their lives are bad enough and karma will bite them in the ass one of these days over it. I've got enough real, actual problems to worry about instead of worrying what others think of me and the color of my skin. Skin color is irrelevant anyway, only important to actual racists--like the left here in this country.
                  So, you evoke feelings of empathy so that people's livehood will not not destroyed for their actions.
                  But if it is about destroying the livehood of DACA people for the misdemeanor acts of their parents, then the tone changes and we are told that we should not think of any consequences...

By the way, in many places, using abusive language in a public place is a misdemeanor, and I can certainly see how racial slurs can satisfy such definition of breaching the peace

For example,

https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-c...ect-42-01.html

Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 42.01. Disorderly Conduct

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

(1) uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;

(d) An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor unless committed under Subsection (a)(7) or (a)(8), in which event it is a Class B misdemeanor.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                    I don't twitter, I don't tweet, I don't face, hell I don't even e- mail I don't understand why anyone would their life on display on the Internet I don't understand, and I never will!
                    Your name, address, phone number, place of employment (along with a lot of other personal data) is all on the internet whether you use social media or not. That's not how they pulled her information.

Unless you don't have anything registered in your name (home, car, phone etc), then you're not off the grid.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

So, you evoke feelings of empathy so that people's livehood will not not destroyed for their actions.
                      But if it is about destroying the livehood of DACA people for the misdemeanor acts of their parents, then the tone changes and we are told that we should not think of any consequences...

By the way, in many places, using abusive language in a public place is a misdemeanor, and I can certainly see how racial slurs can satisfy such definition of breaching the peace

For example,

https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-c...ect-42-01.html

Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 42.01. Disorderly Conduct

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

(1) uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;

(d) An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor unless committed under Subsection (a)(7) or (a)(8), in which event it is a Class B misdemeanor.

It's also cause to be fired. Just ask Papa John.
                      Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post

I know this might surprise you, but even racists do have the right to live in peace and are entitled to their racist opinions.
                        Living in peace does not include calling people the n word while on the road driving. There are repercussions for your actions. Hold whatever beliefs you want, but leave people alone. Once you engage someone with hostility, they have every right to respond. Sorry.
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Living in peace does not include calling people the n word while on the road driving. There are repercussions for your actions. Hold whatever beliefs you want, but leave people alone. Once you engage someone with hostility, they have every right to respond. Sorry.
                          Yep!

If one wants to live in peace, the he should be careful when he chooses to breach it:

Such decisions may have consequences, including legal and social consequences (the latter is more probable)...

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                            I know this might surprise you, but even racists do have the right to live in peace and are entitled to their racist opinions.
                            Racists don't want to live in peace. If they did, they wouldn't be racists. Instead, they want the freedom to call Blacks the N-word and then call it trivial.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

We don't know how many times she has had racial slurs directed towards her. Maybe she was done with turning the other cheek?

It's not how I would handle it but for too long conservatives have gotten away with being insulting and people are finally fed up with it. If you're afraid of what the response might be, then don't go around yelling obscenities at people.
                              I find it fascinating that you were able to divine political affiliation so. Please use your clairvoyance appropriately .
                              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post

I find it fascinating that you were able to divine political affiliation so. Please use your clairvoyance appropriately .
                                Indeed. There are plenty of obnoxious liberals out there. Some do harbor racial bias despite their liberalism.
                                Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X