Wow, just Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craven View Post

you do realize that most of foxes good host are on MSNBC and CNN now.
    You and others regularly denigrate FOX. I'd think that by MSNBC and CNN taking ex-FOX hosts they'd be grossly lowering their standards by the already non-existent ones Progressives have in your view...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

You and others regularly denigrate FOX. I'd think that by MSNBC and CNN taking ex-FOX hosts they'd be grossly lowering their standards by the already non-existent ones Progressives have in your view...
      Fox sold itself and whatever integrity it had as a network by becoming the Trump Channel. Former Fox hosts are now on CNN and while I don't know why they changed networks, I can guess why-too much BS on Fox in a number of subjects.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

So, you think that race and gender trump picking the best qualified person in the view of the President for a Supreme Court justice? We know in Obama's case that's true since he picked that hack of a justice Sotomayor based on race and gender, but that's to be expected from a Leftist.
        Again, I'm not here to argue who's qualified and who is not, I'm just saying that if you even thought for a split second that a white guy wasn't going to be picked, you don't know your president.

And seriously, if you think he's the best qualified out there? Well, you're delusional. Everyone says he's qualified, but he's not the best. If he was the best, where were there several nominations? If he was the best, his name should have been the only one on the list.

And in case your counting, that's 2 white men.
        Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

Again, I'm not here to argue who's qualified and who is not, I'm just saying that if you even thought for a split second that a white guy wasn't going to be picked, you don't know your president.

And seriously, if you think he's the best qualified out there? Well, you're delusional. Everyone says he's qualified, but he's not the best. If he was the best, where were there several nominations? If he was the best, his name should have been the only one on the list.

Actually, what I think is Trump made the "safe" choice. Kavanagh is conservative enough to pass the smell test but not so rigidly conservative that the Democrats can easily and readily line up against him for a borking. I suspect Trump picked him to ensure he gets seated rather than pick someone that's hardline conservative that would end up in a nasty confirmation fight.

I could care less about the "White man" part of this as I'm not racist so it doesn't matter.

Comment

Actually, what I think is Trump made the "safe" choice. Kavanagh is conservative enough to pass the smell test but not so rigidly conservative that the Democrats can easily and readily line up against him for a borking. I suspect Trump picked him to ensure he gets seated rather than pick someone that's hardline conservative that would end up in a nasty confirmation fight.

I could care less about the "White man" part of this as I'm not racist so it doesn't matter.
            Good analysis, and I think you're right.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to be the next Supreme Court justice is President Trump’s finest hour, his classiest move. Last week the president promised to select “someone with impeccable credentials, great intellect, unbiased judgment, and deep reverence for the laws and Constitution of the United States.” In picking Judge Kavanaugh, he has done just that.

In 2016, I strongly supported Hillary Clinton for president as well as President Barack Obama’s nominee for the Supreme Court, Judge Merrick Garland. But today, with the exception of the current justices and Judge Garland, it is hard to name anyone with judicial credentials as strong as those of Judge Kavanaugh.
              By Akhil Reed Amar

Mr. Amar is a professor at Yale Law School.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/09/o...urt-trump.html
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

yeah because fox went for the old MSNBC model

Naw most of the host on that went to other channels say exactly what they said on fox they were ones who could actually argue there side and not just recite talking points.

btw remember I use defend fox a lot just a few years ago. Still watch special report and fox sunday show Kennedy is growing on me

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

yeah because fox went for the old MSNBC model

Naw most of the host on that went to other channels say exactly what they said on fox they were ones who could actually argue there side and not just recite talking points.

btw remember I use defend fox a lot just a few years ago. Still watch special report and fox sunday show Kennedy is growing on me
                  Shep Smith is one of the very best newscasters on TV in the US.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Yes, he is. And he's not too popular at Fox right now. He's one of the good ones at Fox-it could be said he is 'one of the few.'
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                      The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to be the next Supreme Court justice is President Trump’s finest hour, his classiest move. Last week the president promised to select “someone with impeccable credentials, great intellect, unbiased judgment, and deep reverence for the laws and Constitution of the United States.” In picking Judge Kavanaugh, he has done just that.
                      We don't know that yet, but hopefully you're right. Personally, I think Chief Justice Roberts may take over Justice Kennedy's old role and bring balance to the court once again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X