X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, just Wow!

I didn't know Trump had Balls this big!
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    To democRats this guy is the Antichrist and the second coming of the Devil, I guess that Trump is ready to Rumble.
    Last edited by Trung Si; 09 Jul 18, 20:52.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Sounds like your average big government conservative to me, not sure what was ballsy about this nomination. Liberals aren't going to like any conservative pick, but he's not as far right as other possible nominations were. Kavanaugh is fairly reasonable in his stances.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Twenty years of judging ahead of him. A solid choice.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Pretty much all of them were good choices, and probably will head up the next short list. I was hoping for Kethledge myself.

Comment

Excellent pick! Glad he didn't pick a woman, just because.

I was hoping he'd pick Kethledge, but Kavanaugh will do just fine.
          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
            I didn't know Trump had Balls this big!
            https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
            To democRats this guy is the Antichrist and the second coming of the Devil, I guess that Trump is ready to Rumble.
            He was a compromise made by the Gang of Eight, which is how he was confirmed in 2006. Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski voted to confirm him in 2006. He also faced contentious confirmation hearings, so he knows what to expect and how to give correct answers before the Judiciary Committee. It didn't hurt that he clerked for Justice Kennedy either. I think Trump also liked him because of his work on the impeachment proceedings against Clinton in which he later thought President shouldn't face any criminal prosecution or lawsuits during in the office. If Mueller and Trump got into a fight that went all way to Supreme Court, it is more likely that Kavanaugh will rule in Trump's favor.

Finally, here's another reason Trump selected Kavanaugh. Although he is reportedly a reliable conservative, he did not make rulings on abortion, so no one knows how he will rule if such a case was brought before Supreme Court. That takes some life out of the fight by liberal activists. Kavanaugh also avoided ruling Obamacare to be unconstitutional, claiming that his court didn't have jurisdiction over the case, so that takes a bit of fight away from liberals and some conservatives, too. Two big hot button issues are immediately cooled right away, so maybe that smooths the ride through confirmation proceedings, which is why Kavanaugh got the nod from Trump.

However, in all, I think Kavanaugh is far more conservative than Kennedy. Now this is where it gets interesting. I think we need to watch Roberts carefully when Supreme Court opens for business in October. Roberts is a conservative, yes, but more like in the mold of "conservative" protector of Independent Judiciary than as a principled conservative. In this respect, I think Roberts will become the swing vote on the bench, taking up Kennedy's position. So maybe we don't really get to see a conservative Supreme Court until Ginsburg steps down.
            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

I was hoping for the gal just to grind the point that the the sex of the person doesn't matter to the right.
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Ginsburg is the only person older than Mountain Man. Can she really hold off from retirement or is she willing to die sitting on the bench until the Trump is gone? If Trump wins in 2020, I don't think Ginsburg is gonna make it.

At another forum, mostly populated by Never-Trumpers, they are claiming that Trump bribed Kennedy to retire, and/or sent him some mafia hit message when Trump told Kennedy to say hello to his son for him.

TDS is strong.......................
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

How about both of them just retire and let the sane move on?
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Well, now the TDS crowd, and in particular the Roe v. Wade crowd can have apoplectic fits over Trump nominating a Catholic to the bench. That alone will give them fits. Do the attack him for his choice of religion? Or, do they try to go for his position on abortion without bringing it up? Either way they get hit with being religious bigots.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                      Ginsburg is the only person older than Mountain Man. Can she really hold off from retirement or is she willing to die sitting on the bench until the Trump is gone? If Trump wins in 2020, I don't think Ginsburg is gonna make it.
                      I'm not so sure about this. RBG is in excellent health.
                      She does squats, curls, planks and push-ups twice weekly under the tutelage of her personal trainer Bryant Johnson
                      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                        Ginsburg . . . Can she really hold off from retirement or is she willing to die sitting on the bench until the Trump is gone? If Trump wins in 2020, I don't think Ginsburg is gonna make it.
                        She has said she will not retire under a Republican president (back 2016 or thereabout).

Tuebor

Comment

Ginsburg is 85 right now. She's had two run ins with cancer, heart issues... so...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

She has said she will not retire under a Republican president (back 2016 or thereabout).

Tuebor
                            What else did you think I was addressing? I don't think she can outlive Trump if he wins 2020.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              Ginsburg is 85 right now. She's had two run ins with cancer, heart issues... so...
                              She apparently dozes off on the bench.

I don't wish ill for her, but the odds of her lasting six more years are poor.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X