X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    Massena, where are you?
    Resting peacefully on a golden beach.

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

The illegal has one or more kids while in the US. Born here, the child is a US citizen even if the parents are illegally here when that happens. The term is "Anchor Baby."
      What a pain in the keister it is to deal with that sort of situation. Especially when the lid in question is interpreting for both sides.

"Human services? You wait over there, the kid is busy. Now, ask your mother where her boyfriend dumped the shotgun. Now tell her to quit...not telling me the truth. Now tell her that ICE will get her after we deal with her boyfriend, and if she keeps playing games we'll just charge her as a equal participant in the crimes. In back of the garage, you say? Rookie, grab a camera and look behind that garage..."

The ironic thing is often both sides know enough not to need the kid to interpet, but neither side wants to give away an advantage.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        Immigration Checkpoint Arrests Leads to Rescue of Children

Release Date:
        July 5, 2018

TUCSON, Ariz. – Tucson Station Border Patrol agents rescued a 13-year-old Guatemalan girl from human smugglers Monday.

Agents discovered the girl’s brother in the trunk of a car during inspection at the Arivaca Road Immigration Checkpoint Sunday afternoon, leading to the arrest of the driver, a 62-year-old Arivaca man, for human smuggling.

Also found in the vehicle being smuggled were a Mexican woman and another Guatemalan minor. While processing the group, agents learned the 13-year-old sister of one of the juveniles was left behind with other smugglers at a residence near Arivaca.

Agents combed Arivaca for 24-hours, finding the missing girl in a home with an unrelated 24-year-old man also illegally present in the country.

The young girl was found to be in good health, and transported to Tucson for further processing. The girl and her brother, now in the U.S. Border Patrol’s care, were able to speak with their mother residing in the United States who expressed relief that her children were safe.

Migrants face many dangers at the hands of smugglers. Children in particular are extremely vulnerable to exploitation and environmental threats such as extreme heat and cold.

Federal law allows agents to charge individuals by complaint, a method that allows the filing of criminal activity charges without inferring guilt. An individual is presumed innocent unless or until competent evidence is presented to a jury that establishes guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-m...escue-children
        I know where Arivaca Road is. That goes from Amado south of Tucson to Sasabe. You have to be pretty damn stupid to not know the checkpoint is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

What a pain in the keister it is to deal with that sort of situation. Especially when the lid in question is interpreting for both sides.

"Human services? You wait over there, the kid is busy. Now, ask your mother where her boyfriend dumped the shotgun. Now tell her to quit...not telling me the truth. Now tell her that ICE will get her after we deal with her boyfriend, and if she keeps playing games we'll just charge her as a equal participant in the crimes. In back of the garage, you say? Rookie, grab a camera and look behind that garage..."

The ironic thing is often both sides know enough not to need the kid to interpet, but neither side wants to give away an advantage.
          My version was No habla huh? (Knowing full well the guy speaks English). Well, enough of this $h!+ @$$hole. You're going to the hole, and everybody with you can go too. I don't care if they weren't involved. You got them involved. I'll let the Lieutenant sort this $h!+ out tomorrow or the next day. I'll call your unit and let the officer know to pack your crap out too. Now, turn around (motioning) and cuff up!

All of a sudden they speak really good English...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

My version was No habla huh? (Knowing full well the guy speaks English). Well, enough of this $h!+ @$$hole. You're going to the hole, and everybody with you can go too. I don't care if they weren't involved. You got them involved. I'll let the Lieutenant sort this $h!+ out tomorrow or the next day. I'll call your unit and let the officer know to pack your crap out too. Now, turn around (motioning) and cuff up!

All of a sudden they speak really good English...

Yeah, I loved it when we brought up a translator and it turns out they don't actually speak Spanish.

Comment

This thread is evidence that we can have a logical conversation devoid of insults when liberals do not take part in the conversation.
              Its very refreshing.....post something they can get no traction on and they run.
              I would like to know how much time certain someone’s spent cruising the Internet trying to discredit the press releases posted here...
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X