Why the names can't be withheld to protect the innocent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the names can't be withheld to protect the innocent

Watching the testimony of Rosenstein before congress he has pretty much taken the position that department policy trumps constitutional oversight. While there may be every reason to believe that those policies may be more fair than any hearing before a political party or the court of public opinion he does not have the moral authority to make that judgment. If the justice department had not been afraid that they would shortly be working for a corrupt and vindictive Clinton administration and had had the moral courage to let the chips fall where they may then no innocent employees of the justice department would be in harm's way. If those policies had actually been part of the culture at the justice department the current tragedy would not be unfolding.

Rosenstein is a liar, not about the specifics of the IG report but about the culture of the justice department itself. His instinct to defend the bureaucracy and it's employees before the constitution makes him a traitor. It is like the worn out plot of B movies when the general who tries to defend the country by hiding the truth says the people can't handle the truth.

If the characters involved had been conservatives they would already have been hung out to dry because of principles. That is one of the most effective tactics of the left. Make the other guy live by his principles but always maintain flexible ethics when dealing with your political allies. The "we will not sink to their level" is a motto that is fast becoming impractical.

Innocent people will be hurt but ultimately it is not congress's fault. The fault lies with the culture at the justice department. I personally don't think Rosenstein has the leadership ability or even the moral fiber to tackle the required changes. He should be fired after the Mueller investigation ends.
    We hunt the hunters

Did you watch the hearings?
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      Watching the testimony of Rosenstein before congress he has pretty much taken the position that department policy trumps constitutional oversight. While there may be every reason to believe that those policies may be more fair than any hearing before a political party or the court of public opinion he does not have the moral authority to make that judgment. If the justice department had not been afraid that they would shortly be working for a corrupt and vindictive Clinton administration and had had the moral courage to let the chips fall where they may then no innocent employees of the justice department would be in harm's way. If those policies had actually been part of the culture at the justice department the current tragedy would not be unfolding.

Rosenstein is a liar, not about the specifics of the IG report but about the culture of the justice department itself. His instinct to defend the bureaucracy and it's employees before the constitution makes him a traitor. It is like the worn out plot of B movies when the general who tries to defend the country by hiding the truth says the people can't handle the truth.

If the characters involved had been conservatives they would already have been hung out to dry because of principles. That is one of the most effective tactics of the left. Make the other guy live by his principles but always maintain flexible ethics when dealing with your political allies. The "we will not sink to their level" is a motto that is fast becoming impractical.

Innocent people will be hurt but ultimately it is not congress's fault. The fault lies with the culture at the justice department. I personally don't think Rosenstein has the leadership ability or even the moral fiber to tackle the required changes. He should be fired after the Mueller investigation ends.
      Well said.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Did you watch the hearings last week? If not, you have no idea what happened and who said what. Typical.
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          Did you watch the hearings last week? If not, you have no idea what happened and who said what. Typical.
          It's never stopped you.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

You can't just listen to the testimony you have to watch it. The body language is interesting.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

You can't just listen to the testimony you have to watch it. The body language is interesting.
              Body language is the key to any interview process.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Once again, did you watch the hearing? Simple question...

Comment

And on the subject of another hearing...The Senate Intelligence Committee came out today stating that the intelligence organizations were correct that the Russians interfered in the 2016 election. Their findings were in direct contradictions of the Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee. So I guess that Devin Nunes was wrong yet again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Comment

And on the subject of another hearing...The Senate Intelligence Committee came out today stating that the intelligence organizations were correct that the Russians interfered in the 2016 election. Their findings were in direct contradictions of the Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee. So I guess that Devin Nunes was wrong yet again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
                    The time will come when Nunes will be investigated by some future Congressional Committees. There is much more evidence against him than any evidence has ever existed against Lynch.
                    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Start sending the people that claim department policy trumps the Constitution to jail and I bet they will quit using it as a shield.

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

The body language is interesting.
                        The smirk on his face is very telling...
                        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Did you watch the hearings?
                          From previous posts you made on this subject, maybe you should watch them first.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                            Start sending the people that claim department policy trumps the Constitution to jail and I bet they will quit using it as a shield.

Pruitt
                            You need the cooperation of the DOJ for this.

Oooops.....

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Actually Congress can jail them for "Contempt of Congress" when they don't answer Committee questions. Can an employee if DOJ stay employed after they have been found in contempt? The Congress can pass laws regulating the DOJ. They can even make an impeachable offense. There are ways to clean up this behavior. Are these people willing to share a jail cell with people they put in jail for other offenses?

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X