Has the next Civil War started?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

OMG Ron, the quote/vid is straight from your NRA. News Week only provided the link. Since you joined the NRA has change drastically. Since I joined, in 64 it has changed even more. Its not it once was, a sportsmen magazine and organization. Now just another PAC shoveling money to the corrupt of Washington
    No, the country's liberals have changed.

Please, inform us how YOU think the NRA has changed.
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

He did in the quote you cited in your previous post...

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

The NRA actually changed in 1977. That was the year of the Revolt In Cincinnati" Annual Convention when Harlon Carter came to power. Before that, the NRA was mainly a marksmanship organization. Due to the GCA of 1968, and succeeding threats, it had to become a more political organization. I even accept their warnings during the Clinton and Obama Administrations. What I don't agree with is their constant fearmongering to get more cash donations. There are constant references to being afraid of "them". Who "them" is, is never defined, but unspoken. Any violent protests we have had in the last ten years pales in comparison to anything in the 60s or 70s, or even the Rodney King riot. How many people here have actually seen in person a Antifa/BLM demonstration? Probably few, if any. The other problem with the NRA is their lack of proactiveness. For the first year of the Trump Administration, there weren't any mass shootings that I recall. There were bills to authorize nationwide reciprocity for concealed carry. There was also the Hearing Protection Act to allow suppressors to be used while hunting. While the NRA encouraged everyone to vote Republican, once they were elected, no pressure was put on them to repay the voters. Then, after Las Vegas, the window closed. I don't think the NRA really wanted any progun legislation to pass, because donations were already down. People donate more when they are fearful.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X