Sarah Huckabee Sanders Asked To Leave Restaurant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asterix View Post

Your example currently has no merit under the law. Reread what I wrote...I was merely pointing out a fact that at this time of writing, the US Supreme Court does not recognize political persuasion as a valid reason for a discrimination case. As such, the comparing that with discrimination against race is flawed until this definition changes...or remains the same, which ever. I've already stated that a business choosing to discriminate via political leanings is a very dumb idea, but as long as it is not defined as an act of discrimination, business owners are free to do so. That doesn't mean their businesses are free from the consequences of said discrimination either. That said, had a business thrown out Valerie Jarrod or Loretta Lynch or anyone else associated with the Obama administration on the basis of politics would have been interesting.

Does it open a very slippery precedent? Sure it does...it has the potential to become a very hot-button issue because it can go the other way just as easily. However, the fact remains that discrimination against a person(s) from one's own business for political reasons (as stupid as it is) does not appear to be against the law at this time. It will be interesting to see if this remains a form of free speech or turns into a civil rights issue.
    It's a major problem, whether it's legal or not. As I pointed out, if the case had been a Conservative restaurant refusing to serve a Black Liberal / Progressive politician, the politics wouldn't matter. Their race would become the issue for hammering the owner, even as it wasn't the issue.

My major point is that there is a huge double standard where the Left / Progressives can do this sort of crap and not just get away with it, but be celebrated for it, while the rest of the political spectrum gets castigated for doing the exact same behavior.

Looking at it another way: Sanders is in a sense a celebrity. She's a well known public figure. Could say a WalMart refuse to serve Bill Cosby or O J Simpson because of their legal issues? Could a restaurant refuse to serve a Hollywood star because of their politics? It's not just a slippery slope. Arguing that the action wasn't a "protected class" says that businesses can reject someone on a massive set of grounds without prior cause simply because they want to.

Now, I'd have no issue with the Red Hen if they had a sign up saying something like "We do not serve Conservatives." But, they are picking and choosing their service. "No shirt, no shoes, no service" as a sign tells everyone the business' expectations before hand. That is an even handed policy and lets the public at large know up front.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Says the guy that insert race into anything every time he sees any sort of "opportunity" despite how stupid and lame it looks to others other than himself.

You got called out for your creating a racist comment to inject into an conversation just for a for a BOO HOO HOO moment.

I never called Michelle a Big Mama. But stupid countless incantations from you and implying racism at every turn will ensure that SHE WILL BE CALLED that as long as you stir the pot.

How is this: Michelle Obama is as fat as Big Mama.

Michelle Obama should have played the role of Big Mama instead of Martin Lawrence.
      The conversation was about calling women fat, your boo hoo moment, you then took this to race yourself.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I'm the one who calls her First Big Mama, and and that is because she has always acted that way, and because she, like her husband, was a racist, indoctrinated by a radical racist and even married by that same radical, white-hating racist. So if you're expecting me to change my mind, dream on. I call 'em like they are.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I'm the one who calls her First Big Mama, and and that is because she has always acted that way, and because she, like her husband, was a racist, indoctrinated by a radical racist and even married by that same radical, white-hating racist. So if you're expecting me to change my mind, dream on. I call 'em like they are.
          Say what you want. Certain people just need to realize that after years of calling Michelle fat with 0 contention from the right, they cannot fake outrage and get their panties in a bunch over a golden corrale joke.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Say what you want. Certain people just need to realize that after years of calling Michelle fat with 0 contention from the right, they cannot fake outrage and get their panties in a bunch over a golden corrale joke.
            Oh, boo-hoo.

What restaurants was Obama run out of because of the actions of her husband? How was she mistreated while blowing the taxpayers' money?

There is a complete world of difference in what is gong on in America right now, and the disturbing thing is that people like yourself want to ignore it.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

A lot of conservative posters here have serious issues with comprehension and following conversations.
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

A lot of conservative posters here have serious issues with comprehension and following conversations.
                No where near the level we are seeing from the Loonie Left "brownshirts" posting here.
                Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

Is this directed at me or am I included in your statement? I'd like to know so I'll know whether to respond or not.

Comment

It's just amazing how low their Yelp rating has plummeted since the restaurant decided to climb into the political ring. As of a few mins ago, it's at 14,735 reviews and they are down to 2 measly stars.
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Is this directed at me or am I included in your statement? I'd like to know so I'll know whether to respond or not.
                      No. Unfortunately I can't name the specific people I was referring to without being banned. Should be pretty obvious though.
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                        It's just amazing how low their Yelp rating has plummeted since the restaurant decided to climb into the political ring. As of a few mins ago, it's at 14,735 reviews and they are down to 2 measly stars.
                        I keep saying that the Left and Leftist views are not popular in the US and are far below what they appear to be in the MSM. Realistically, about 20% of the US population favors Leftist Progressive positions. That's why the Progressives have to lie and obfuscate their political ideas behind propaganda and rhetoric because they know that if they are open and honest nobody would vote for them.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I keep saying that the Left and Leftist views are not popular in the US and are far below what they appear to be in the MSM. Realistically, about 20% of the US population favors Leftist Progressive positions. That's why the Progressives have to lie and obfuscate their political ideas behind propaganda and rhetoric because they know that if they are open and honest nobody would vote for them.
                          Kicking someone out of a restaurant is not a leftist view, this isn't something that should be equated to leftist ideology. If anything this type of thing has happened more on the right, just not with anyone as prominent.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Kicking someone out of a restaurant is not a leftist view, this isn't something that should be equated to leftist ideology. If anything this type of thing has happened more on the right, just not with anyone as prominent.
                            It is in this case. Re-read the article and the owner's comments. She is a Progressive. She might be a very nice person, but she's a Progressive. Many of her comments were over-the-top in terms of describing why she disagreed, and even hates the Trump administration. They are typical of Leftists and Progressives.

Comment

That doesn't make it right though, it was a resteraunt open to members of the public.

Sbe is a member of the public.

​​​​Man up and do your job.....

Comment

Trump's tweet on this is hilarious! I love reading his tweets.

“The Red Hen Restaurant should focus more on cleaning its filthy canopies, doors and windows (badly needs a paint job) rather than refusing to serve a fine person like Sarah Huckabee Sanders,” Trump tweeted. “I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it is dirty on the inside!”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X