Liberal Strawman Culture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    It will be interesting to see how their single wedge issue plays out in the midterms. Immigration I'm guessing isn't something that goes much beyond virtue signaling for most voters. Once they walk into the secret ballet box there isn't much point in virtue signaling.

I sometimes wonder if the hatred of Trump isn't partially motivated by the fear that he will expose how incompetently the government has been ran. People are starting to figure out that people like Obama with no real world experience may not be good choices for executive positions. Obama himself is a straw man for the progressive idea that everyone one is equal accept for oppression. I consider him example number one for unearned privilege which must twist their brains into knots.
    It will be interesting. It cost the Hillabeast the election in 2016, and it bodes ill now. People want jobs, economic security, and personal safety. The idea that illegals might be getting hard treatment may upset them for a day or so, but odds are it is far from where they live, and far less important than paying bills.

So far the DNC has stuck to attacking Trump, not coming up with alternatives to his programs and actions. That plays to the DNC base, but those votes are already owned (and a sizable percentage of them are actually dead).
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Most Americans don't give a damn about how illegal criminals are being treated, which is far better than anyone is ever treated in Mexico.

The Democrats need to shut up and get to work. Endless lies and BS never solved anything and never will.

As my gold mining grandfather used to say: "Talk's cheap, but good whiskey costs money."
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I was watching ABC World news this evening. They had a story on Trump trotting out people who have had loved ones and family killed by illegal immigrants on. In it, the reporter says "...immigrants commit fewer crimes than citizens."

This is a lie. That conflates legal immigrants with their much lower rates of crime with illegal immigrants who commit approximately double the rate of serious crime that legal immigrants and citizens do, are 70% more likely to commit a violent felony than legal immigrants or citizens, and go to prison at over double the rate of legal immigrants or citizens.

That is, ABC's reporters are pro-illegal immigrant and want to minimize the negative image of criminal, illegal, border crossers.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          I was watching ABC World news this evening. They had a story on Trump trotting out people who have had loved ones and family killed by illegal immigrants on. In it, the reporter says "...immigrants commit fewer crimes than citizens."

This is a lie. That conflates legal immigrants with their much lower rates of crime with illegal immigrants who commit approximately double the rate of serious crime that legal immigrants and citizens do, are 70% more likely to commit a violent felony than legal immigrants or citizens, and go to prison at over double the rate of legal immigrants or citizens.

That is, ABC's reporters are pro-illegal immigrant and want to minimize the negative image of criminal, illegal, border crossers.
          In an effort to justify his get-tough policies at the Southern border, President Trump met Friday with victims of crime committed by immigrants who entered the country illegally.

Comment

The times have changed, but the liberals cannot accept it. Jobs matter, the economy matters, personal security matters. The constant barrage of horror stories on the news over the years has desensitized Americans. People want good news, they want hope, but the left cannot let go of its role as a fountain of hatred.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Without strawman, half of the argument of a liberal is silenced.
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                and the other 2/3rds are silenced by truth....

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

How about providing some details, sources, evidence, etc.
                  simple all black are criminals has been repeated on this foum numerous times by numerous people on this forum.

Trump language in regards to everyone trying to cross the border they are going to infest us. They are rapist They are MS 13
                  They are all going to kill legal americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                    Pre Trump yeah post Trump naw he proving them more right than wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post

and the other 2/3rds are silenced by truth....
                      Truth? You don't want the truth, you want alternative facts that support your version of the truth.

"In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally." Trump Quote
                      Last edited by Anthrax; 23 Jun 18, 12:09.
                      Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

Truth? You don't want the truth, you want alternative facts that support your version of the truth.
                        "In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally." Trump Quote
                        We can paly these games all day .. Hillary Clinton on wiping email server: 'Like with a cloth or something?'

Im not talking about bravado or plain BS...Just truth...Hows the economy doing..? How bout them North Koreans..? How bout the Iranian silence..?? Even the "trade war..".. Not Melania's Jacket. or the BS of separating kids...Just truth... Or even your BS signature...Truth..??

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                          NPR uses the common red herring argument of the Left:

Trump has frequently pointed to sympathetic crime victims to justify his get-tough policies at the Southern border. But experts say the president's rhetoric overstates the threat posed by immigrants, who tend to commit crime at lower rates than people who are born in the United States.
                          Unnamed "experts" saying that "immigrants," not illegal immigrants commit crime at lower rates. They conflate the two as do every so-called expert who wants to apologize for illegal aliens and their criminal activity.

It is undeniable that in every prison system that tracks the number of inmates who are illegally in the US and in prison for a felony, that their number is between about 150 and 200% their percentage of the general population. Those same prison systems can also tell you that they are there far more often for a violent crime.

I gave Arizona's statistics elsewhere. Virginia and Oklahoma also track this with similar results.

So, you are quoting the same lie... LIE... that many MSM outlets in the US quote. The Cato study is badly flawed. Many of the sources they cite conflate legal and illegal immigration to get the numbers they do. This is common practice among groups and individuals who are apologists for illegal immigration. In fact, many of the studies they cite are no longer even available for examination.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

simple all black are criminals has been repeated on this foum numerous times by numerous people on this forum.

Trump language in regards to everyone trying to cross the border they are going to infest us. They are rapist They are MS 13
                            I see ....

Once more a subjective, inaccurate, misquoted, an distorted misrepresentation of facts with anecdotal "evidence" reflective of personal bias, prejudice, and racist view common to many Left~Liberal leaning members in our society and posters here.
                            Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
                            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                            Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

I've never stated that. Not once. I have no idea who you think did, but I suspect you are wrong.

Given the crime rates illegals commit, and they commit them at a much higher rate than legal immigrants and citizens, there are a good number that are all sorts of the worst scum in criminality. MS 13 and their affiliates, like the Surenos, (aka Sur 13 or Sur XIII) are very violent and very prevalent among Hispanic gangsters.

For example, if you are a long time resident of Arizona (like me) everybody you know has been in an accident with an illegal. I have, my brother has, the kids have, friends all have. And, the same sort of things apply in all cases: The illegal didn't have insurance. They often hit and run or otherwise flee the scene if they can. If facing criminal charges, they flee to Mexico rather than go to court or jail. You get left holding the bag and your insurance takes the hit, along with your rates. Doesn't matter it wasn't your fault. Their lack of responsibility and ability to flee the country means they leave the mess on you.

If they don't have an accident with you, then they're likely to steal your vehicle, particularly if you own a 4 x 4 trunk, large SUV, or jeep-type vehicle. They take these to use for smuggling in particular. The remote Southern Arizona desert is littered with abandoned vehicles of this type when the vehicle gets stuck, breaks down, or is no longer of use to the criminals.

I'm going down to S. Arizona next week for several days, within 25 miles of the border. I will carry. Probably won't need it, but why take chances?

Comment

Liberals have decided to use the word "racist" whenever they have a negative attutide towards something, and they have negative attitudes towards A LOT of things. The average liberal goes about their day, and calls a bunch of random things racist. There's not really a debate to be had, because they're overly emotional and have no clue what they're thinking.
                                "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X