Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

The problem is that it doesn't work.
    It won't block certain posters, but lucky for me the worst offenders are zeroed out. I'm told it is tied to a glitch in the member profiles and they're working on it.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

It won't block certain posters, but lucky for me the worst offenders are zeroed out. I'm told it is tied to a glitch in the member profiles and they're working on it.
      When it actually does work, what is the difference between the old and new platforms? As a moderator I have no ignore function.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

It is true some Democrats push equality to far going into the zone of supporting unequal views. But these views do not apply to top Democrats including Perez. Your thinking of those few minority dems and liberals like the one Democratic Congress lady whom have called for Trump to be assassinated. But merely supporting BLM, supporting other minorities does not mean Perez is a bigot.
        Perez is a bigot. The first evidence of that is his unwavering belief in Disparate Impact Theory. This is inherently racist.

I'll give an example: A bank makes loans on the basis of your credit rating, length of time with an account with the bank, lack of things like overdrafts, or late charges, etc. But, the Disparate Impact theorist sees that Blacks (or you can pick a group... gays, women, Hispanics, etc.) are being turned down for loans by this bank more often than Whites.
        The Disparate Impact theorist then uses government to intervene and force... note that force... the bank to make more loans to Blacks even though they don't qualify under the bank's non-racial, unbiased, system of determining who should get a loan. The Disparate Impact theorist puts race ahead of any other system because it's "unfair" to one race, regardless of reason.

https://www.redstate.com/diary/alanj...pact-crusader/

https://canadafreepress.com/article/...ate-impact-man

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...d-mr-perez.php

Doesn't matter a whit to Perez that the bank being forced to do this suffers more defaults on loans. Doesn't matter that their costs rise. All that matters is that Blacks (or whoever) are now getting loans equal to Whites. Note, the higher bar still applies to Whites, since lowering it to the same level to accommodate more Black loans would mean Whites would get more loans too and this would defeat the purpose of Disparate Impact theory.

Perez is a leading proponent of this sort of racism and bigotry.

On voting rights? Perez says Whites aren't entitled to the same protections as minorities.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ng-rights-act/

Listen to him make a racist rant:

He's a racist through and through. He's as bad as many White Supremists on the Right. Yet, he's now the head of the DNC and nobody in the Democrat party seems the least concerned he's a racist bigot.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Perez is a bigot. The first evidence of that is his unwavering belief in Disparate Impact Theory. This is inherently racist.

I'll give an example: A bank makes loans on the basis of your credit rating, length of time with an account with the bank, lack of things like overdrafts, or late charges, etc. But, the Disparate Impact theorist sees that Blacks (or you can pick a group... gays, women, Hispanics, etc.) are being turned down for loans by this bank more often than Whites.
          The Disparate Impact theorist then uses government to intervene and force... note that force... the bank to make more loans to Blacks even though they don't qualify under the bank's non-racial, unbiased, system of determining who should get a loan. The Disparate Impact theorist puts race ahead of any other system because it's "unfair" to one race, regardless of reason.

https://www.redstate.com/diary/alanj...pact-crusader/

https://canadafreepress.com/article/...ate-impact-man

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...d-mr-perez.php

Doesn't matter a whit to Perez that the bank being forced to do this suffers more defaults on loans. Doesn't matter that their costs rise. All that matters is that Blacks (or whoever) are now getting loans equal to Whites. Note, the higher bar still applies to Whites, since lowering it to the same level to accommodate more Black loans would mean Whites would get more loans too and this would defeat the purpose of Disparate Impact theory.

Perez is a leading proponent of this sort of racism and bigotry.

On voting rights? Perez says Whites aren't entitled to the same protections as minorities.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ng-rights-act/

Listen to him make a racist rant:

He's a racist through and through. He's as bad as many White Supremists on the Right. Yet, he's now the head of the DNC and nobody in the Democrat party seems the least concerned he's a racist bigot.
          I have to say, Perez wont be the Democratic nominee for POTUS in 2020. Perez is like Paul Ryan orJohn Boehner whom led the GOP. , good people maybe at times they say things some may disagree with but all in all its np.

This is a ploy by big time GOP folk like some of those on Fox and Fox radio trying to make conservatives believe that the democratic party is anti white, nm that most Democrats black and white Christian alike stand for freedom. Democrats saved America, look at WW2.

Perez is kind of like a half of a Trump. Trump said I think Islam hates us, Mexico sends its worst thats the POTUS....its much bigger compared to what a GOP like Ryan or a Dem like Perez has to say. GOP has much bigger issues compared to the Democratic party. Trumps past comments, and if Perez favored blacks over whites at all, the past comments of Pastor Jeffress and Rev Wright, the Jacket move by Mrs Trump and the Womp Womp comment by Lewandowski go against American values...those actions are all anti American but none of them include a Democratic POTUS. Trump needs to stand up as a man and take control, confront the womp womp comment by Lewandowaski whom was Trumps former campaign manger. and address the issue of Melanie and Mr Lewandowski losing it and wearing that jacket with the Anti American message promoting division, bullying, and actions that go against the civilized world.
          Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

No, Perez is not the equivalent of a Ryan or Boenher. Neither regularly utter racist remarks. Neither have championed racist government policy, and even enforced such policies. Perez has.

There's no "ploy" here either. This isn't some "vast Right wing conspiracy." Perez is an out-and-out racist bigot. There's no denying it. The evidence is there.

Trump saying "I think Islam hates us" doesn't make him a bigot. That's his observation, right or wrong. Perez wants to enforce the sort of racist policies that were law half a century ago in the US. Aside from that, invoking Trump here as your defense amounts to a red herring. We're discussing Perez.

He was on Hillary's VP list. She took the grinning idiot Kaine instead and Perez was put in the DNC chair.

https://capitalresearch.org/article/...ntons-vp-list/

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/181...-matthew-vadum

If ANY Republican running for office or placed in as the head of the RNC was saying or doing half the things Perez has done, while in government office, let alone just said in general, he'd be tarred and feathered by the press relentlessly until driven out of office in disgrace.

The Left is racist. Perez is racist. There is no comparison to anyone on the national stage in the GOP to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

When it actually does work, what is the difference between the old and new platforms? As a moderator I have no ignore function.
              When it works (which it does except for a couple posters) you never see the blocked poster. In the old system you would see that they had posted, but no text. Now there's nothing; in the cases where it works (and it works with all but two posters) I have no idea of the poster is even still on the board or not.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

BRAVO - FOXTROT - DELTA.

There are real issues to contend. Let's move along, folks.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

The black South African government decided a few months ago to confiscate all land owned by white people, without compensation. If Conservatives were as racist and white supremacist as you're arguing, then they definitely would've made talking points about this. But they haven't, because they're not.

Illegal immigrants are criminals, many of them felons. Many of them even send their kids to migrate across Mexico and give their daughters Plan B because they know they're going to get raped. Why would you want people like that in our country? Probably because they're not white. At any event, if an American citizen sent their child to walk across country they would be arrested, and yes, the child would probably be taken from the parent and placed with child services.
                  That has been a huge talking point. Would you say conservatives care more about the well being of white south africans or american muslims?

Again, no one wants illegal immigrants, the issue is the way in which we're enforcing the law. If I don't support the death penalty does that automatically mean I support crime and don't want to see criminals punished at all? These are the type of illogical leaps you're making. Being against child internment camps does not mean I support illegal immigration. My empathy isn't so much for the adults, but the children who are truly innocent in all of this.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

I have three on my list, It's working on two of them, JJ and the race baiter, but it's not working on the Drive By Poster.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

That has been a huge talking point. Would you say conservatives care more about the well being of white south africans or american muslims?

Again, no one wants illegal immigrants, the issue is the way in which we're enforcing the law. If I don't support the death penalty does that automatically mean I support crime and don't want to see criminals punished at all? These are the type of illogical leaps you're making. Being against child internment camps does not mean I support illegal immigration. My empathy isn't so much for the adults, but the children who are truly innocent in all of this.
                      Using phrase "internment camps" for what are really "detention centers" shoots holes in your argument in this post.

USA isn't planning on long term (months to years) of keeping those illegals here. They are receiving short term (days to weeks) holding/detention until they can be deported.
                      Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
                      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                      Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

• Maxine Waters orders MORE public harassment of Trump aides...
                        'GOD IS ON OUR SIDE'...

Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

• This maybe could fit another thread, but this being the current one on "immigration" and minor children, etc;

9 Times MS-13 Gang Members Posed as Minors to Enter USA...
                          President Trump has repeatedly asked the Republican-controlled Congress to close immigration loopholes in order to end the trafficking and smuggling of children across the border by illegal aliens who hope to be released into the interior of the United States.

While Trump has enacted a “zero tolerance” policy at the border — where all adult border crossers, no matter if they are traveling with children, are criminally prosecuted — Democrats have rallied around ending all immigration enforcement.

As Breitbart News noted, every Senate Democrat has signed onto legislation that would end all border enforcement, a plan that Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) said should be called the “Child Trafficking Encouragement Act,” as it sets free every adult border crosser so long as they smuggle a child across the border with them.

In detail, the White House provided Breitbart News with nine examples where MS-13 gang members — the murderous El Salvadorian gang that Democrats defended last month — used these immigration loopholes to try to enter the U.S. in hopes they would eventually be released.

Here are the nine times MS-13 gang members smuggled children across the border to try to eventually be released into the country:
                          http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...u-s-illegally/

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Using phrase "internment camps" for what are really "detention centers" shoots holes in your argument in this post.

USA isn't planning on long term (months to years) of keeping those illegals here. They are receiving short term (days to weeks) holding/detention until they can be deported.
                            Internment camps do not have to be long-term holding.

Do you care more about the well being of white south africans or american muslims? I'm very curious to hear your answer.

Also, maybe you can help me out with something else as well. Why is it that conservatives have had no problem discussing the benefits of ethnic cleansing here (that's not race baiting?), or don't block the members who have discussed that. Instead they block people who simply called a public figure a slimeball. Which is worse? Is that selective sensitivity? Throwing stones from a glass house? How would you classify such behavior?

To expand on that, why do we never see liberal members talk about blocking someone's speech on these forums, despite being called snowflakes, TDS, racist, bigots, etc. Only the conservative members cry about not wanting to see words that hurt their feelings. Why do liberals deal with it while the conservative members try to shelter themselves?

Doesn't that all seem a bit soft and hypocritical?

I'm just trying to gain a better understanding and you're more in-tune with their mentality than I am. Hope you can answer honestly.
                            Last edited by TactiKill J.; 24 Jun 18, 15:29.
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Internment camps do not have to be long-term holding.

Do you care more about the well being of white south africans or american muslims? I'm very curious to hear your answer.

Also, maybe you can help me out with something else as well. Why is it that conservatives have had no problem discussing the benefits of ethnic cleansing here (that's not race baiting?), or don't block the members who have discussed that. Instead they block people who simply called a public figure a slimeball. Which is worse? Is that selective sensitivity? Throwing stones from a glass house? How would you classify such behavior?

To expand on that, why do we never see liberal members talk about blocking someone's speech on these forums, despite being called snowflakes, TDS, racist, bigots, etc. Only the conservative members cry about not wanting to see words that hurt their feelings. Why do liberals deal with it while the conservative members try to shelter themselves?

Doesn't that all seem a bit soft and hypocritical?

I'm just trying to gain a better understanding and you're more in-tune with their mentality than I am. Hope you can answer honestly.
                              I'll have to consider this, since so often your questions are more "baiting" then seeking honest discourse. Plus I've a backlog of yard and house chores to get thru during most of rest of day ...

As for the issue of internment camps versus detention centers, there is a bit more than semantics involved here, assuming you aren't engaging Orwellian~1984~doublespeak ...
                              Internment is the imprisonment of people, commonly in large groups, without charges[1] or intent to file charges,[2] and thus no trial. The term is especially used for the confinement "of enemy citizens in wartime or of terrorism suspects".[3] Thus, while it can simply mean imprisonment, it tends to refer to preventive confinement, rather than confinement after having been convicted of some crime. Use of these terms is subject to debate and political sensitivities.[4]

Interned persons may be held in prisons or in facilities known as internment camps. In certain contexts, these may also be known either officially or pejoratively, as concentration camps.

Internment also refers to a neutral country's practice of detaining belligerent armed forces and equipment on its territory during times of war under the Hague Convention of 1907.[5]
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              (Websearch for "detention camp" redirected to this
                              Immigration detention is the policy of holding individuals suspected of visa violations, illegal entry or unauthorised arrival, and those subject to deportation and removal in detention until a decision is made by immigration authorities to grant a visa and release them into the community, or to repatriate them to their country of departure. Mandatory detention is the practice of compulsorily detaining or imprisoning people seeking political asylum, or who are considered to be illegal immigrants or unauthorised arrivals into a country. Some countries have set a maximum period of detention, while others permit indefinite detention.
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_detention

Comment

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                                I have three on my list, It's working on two of them, JJ and the race baiter, but it's not working on the Drive By Poster.
                                Mine works just the opposite, the Drive by Poster and sometimes race baiter....Hmm

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X