First lady’s ‘I don’t care’ jacket causes a stir; Trump tweets response

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Most recent and comparable in "classy" being Jackie Kennedy(Onassis). However, Jackie appeared in an era where attractive, fashionable "First Ladies" had been rare and her looks, intelligence and wit were something not seen in the White House for some time prior. She seems to have set a standard, a high bar, difficult for many after her to match.*

In the past century though, the First Lady has at times taken on a role and influence that makes her a defacto "Vice-President", often out-shinning the actual VP. Eleanor Roosevelt is one example that comes readily to mind and memory as a First Lady not content to be a homebody and window dressing at State functions and dinners. In many ways she became FDR's extension, understandable given his health and traveling issues (polio).

* = Back about the mid 1980's I had an opportunity to be an extra in a for TV movie which was filming some scenes here in the Seattle area. It was focused on Jacqueline Kennedy and these scenes were shot at Boeing Field where a 707 had been painted on one side to represent Air Force One of the JFK years. One of the scenes was the trip to Europe where Air Force One arrives at Paris and the crowd (we extras) at the airport is chanting: "Jackie! Jackie! Jackie! ...". Later at a speech, JKF quipped something to the paraphrase: " For those here whom don't know me, I'm the guy who accompanied Jackie here."

BTW, a rather interesting insight into movie/film production that experience was.
    Yes, it is. I got to visit some sets and was surprised at the amount of sleight of hand and just plain optical magic goes into motion picture production.

BTW - spent several years at Fort Lewis and visited Boeing Field for the SST mock-up, so I know exactly where you're referring to.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
      I am with her, I don' care about our media, they have just about 100% become Sockpuppets for the Resist, Anti-Trump crowd, and I wouldn't have responded to your thread, unfortunally my Ignore List doesn't seem to work on the new Site.
      Ive already said Trung you have a misunderstanding of my views. My brother is a Cpt in the US Army. In a world of 7.5 billion people, if you want to ignore me go ahead but friend I say again you misunderstand my world views.

I am of Italian and Irish background, my name is John. Again though, feel free to speak your mind, what we are dealing with here is something never witnessed in US history possibly even European history. Figures like Christina of Sweden and Marie Antoinette in their rebel like and flamboyant outlook might compare to this late jacket move by Mrs Trump but maybe not even so. Lets remember the message of the jacket which did not attack the media but said something that was unnecessary and unbecoming of a American leader.

The graffiti Jacket gets away from the civilized world, the world made by Columbus, Cortes, Washington, FDR, Bonaparte. The hope is the Christian European values that made America beautiful are retained. American leadership needs to, and one can stress needs to present themselves as Gentlemen and Ladies.
      Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Ive already said Trung you have a misunderstanding of my views. My brother is a Cpt in the US Army. In a world of 7.5 billion people, if you want to ignore me go ahead but friend I say again you misunderstand my world views.

I am of Italian and Irish background, my name is John. Again though, feel free to speak your mind, what we are dealing with here is something never witnessed in US history possibly even European history. Figures like Christina of Sweden and Marie Antoinette in their rebel like and flamboyant outlook might compare to this late jacket move by Mrs Trump but maybe not even so. Lets remember the message of the jacket which did not attack the media but said something that was unnecessary and unbecoming of a American leader.

The graffiti Jacket gets away from the civilized world, the world made by Columbus, Cortes, Washington, FDR, Bonaparte. The hope is the Christian European values that made America beautiful are retained. American leadership needs to, and one can stress needs to present themselves as Gentlemen and Ladies.
        Seriously? She wasn't telling the media she's tired of the BS? Because she's married to Trump it has to be deeper and more sinister? I'm a big fan of Occam's Razor, myself, and I'm solidly Irish all the way back to the Old Country..

Beyond that, I notice that you avoid commenting on the asinine and juvenile behavior of the entire American media in order to focus on her jacket. You also avoid any mention of the crude, often obscene behavior of film stars, athletes, public figures and officials and Democrats in order to make The First Lady the only person in America who you believe has any responsibility towards "good tastes" and those "true Christian European values", which are things like the Spanish Inquisition, the Rape of the New World, slavery, two world wars, anti-Semitism, the Holocaust, death camps, the destruction of most of Western Europe, the displacement of millions of families and people like Hitler and Mussolini.

Columbus? Looking for money, fame and fortune. Didn't know where he was going, didn't know where he was when he arrived and did it all on borrowed money. Cortez? One of the enslavers and rapers of the New World. Bonaparte? Are you kidding? Tried to conquer all of Europe and caused more death and suffering than even Hitler did? FDR? The adulterer? Washington? The slave owner who made his own whiskey? Those are your standards?
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Seriously? She wasn't telling the media she's tired of the BS? Because she's married to Trump it has to be deeper and more sinister? I'm a big fan of Occam's Razor, myself, and I'm solidly Irish all the way back to the Old Country..

Beyond that, I notice that you avoid commenting on the asinine and juvenile behavior of the entire American media in order to focus on her jacket. You also avoid any mention of the crude, often obscene behavior of film stars, athletes, public figures and officials and Democrats in order to make The First Lady the only person in America who you believe has any responsibility towards "good tastes" and those "true Christian European values", which are things like the Spanish Inquisition, the Rape of the New World, slavery, two world wars, anti-Semitism, the Holocaust, death camps, the destruction of most of Western Europe, the displacement of millions of families and people like Hitler and Mussolini.

Columbus? Looking for money, fame and fortune. Didn't know where he was going, didn't know where he was when he arrived and did it all on borrowed money. Cortez? One of the enslavers and rapers of the New World. Bonaparte? Are you kidding? Tried to conquer all of Europe and caused more death and suffering than even Hitler did? FDR? The adulterer? Washington? The slave owner who made his own whiskey? Those are your standards?
          Yes Mrs Trump made a mistake. All men are equal, the USA is like a round table and when clear errors are committed they must be righted. As did our Catholic ancestors from Ireland like Fr John Murphy and the Catholic Church in general right the errors committed by various wrongdoers of the world. Statues of Columbus exist right here in Buffalo NY the man was respectful of the Taino people and like Cortes fought against those who were militant themselves. Cortes like Columbus worked with and admired Tribesman, as did the great Sir Francis Drake of England whom was honored by Queen Elizabeth I. Thats why we must call out this jacket move by Mrs Trump, that and btw other main Trump supporters like Corey Lewandowski have recently committed actions going against the Christian European values of history.

Agreed some Catholics, Hindus, Muslims, Jews , Atheists you name it, there is good and bad in every group. When it comes to the USA, we are a nation black and white Christian alike, most of the country since its founding and surely until time end will be Christian majority and welcoming of non Christians. Africa is projected to be a huge center for Christianity. Already Central and South America are Christian majority so keep in mind most immigrants coming to our country are Christian. Thats why Mrs Trump should just apologize for the jacket, we all make mistakes its ok one can be redeemed. There is much common ground between immigrants and Americans.

George S Patton

Comment

Yes Mrs Trump made a mistake. All men are equal, the USA is like a round table and when clear errors are committed they must be righted. As did our Catholic ancestors from Ireland like Fr John Murphy and the Catholic Church in general right the errors committed by various wrongdoers of the world. Statues of Columbus exist right here in Buffalo NY the man was respectful of the Taino people and like Cortes fought against those who were militant themselves. Cortes like Columbus worked with and admired Tribesman, as did the great Sir Francis Drake of England whom was honored by Queen Elizabeth I. Thats why we must call out this jacket move by Mrs Trump, that and btw other main Trump supporters like Corey Lewandowski have recently committed actions going against the Christian European values of history.

Agreed some Catholics, Hindus, Muslims, Jews , Atheists you name it, there is good and bad in every group. When it comes to the USA, we are a nation black and white Christian alike, most of the country since its founding and surely until time end will be Christian majority and welcoming of non Christians. Africa is projected to be a huge center for Christianity. Already Central and South America are Christian majority so keep in mind most immigrants coming to our country are Christian. Thats why Mrs Trump should just apologize for the jacket, we all make mistakes its ok one can be redeemed. There is much common ground between immigrants and Americans.
            Actions speak louder than words. I could care less about her jacket. What were her actions?

You see, on the Progressive side of things good intentions, politically correct speech, and an appeal to baser instincts like emotion are what are important and take center stage. Doesn't matter what the outcome of actions are, no matter how disastrous. If you intended to do good then you did good even if millions died. That's how the Left does things.

The Rest Of Us don't see things that way. Actions and results are what count. Good intentions are worth the paper they're written on, so-to-speak. If your good intentions get people killed, then you go to prison not get celebrated.

So, Mrs. Trump's jacket is all but irrelevant... Unless you are an insane Progressive Leftist. Then the jacket is everything and her actions mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The message, as clearly stated many times, was directed at the media. You're letting your TDS get the better of you.

I know who it was directed to. It was directed to the media and pertaining the children. The message was stating that she didn't care about the children and questioning whether the media really does.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

I know who it was directed to. It was directed to the media and pertaining the children. The message was stating that she didn't care about the children and questioning whether the media really does.
                Reading minds now are you...?

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Interesting how you and Stonedwall Jack know so much about the inner workings of everyone's mind, especially that of the Trumps, and also Conservatives. Actually, more amusing than interesting since you both display near equal levels of cluelessness.

There's a saying about giving one enough rope to hang themselves with and Melania seems to have done that to those whom have sniped and snarked her fashion choices for so long. Like many of the MSM and the Loonie-Left, you two have seen in this event what you want to see and that exposes your core subconscious. It's clear neither of you care as much "for the children" as you do for another opportunity to distort something into an attack upon POTUS and First Lady. It's clear the message was meant to be ambiguous in order to draw out this sort of derangement and let the Left make further fools of themselves.

TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Actions speak louder than words. I could care less about her jacket. What were her actions?

You see, on the Progressive side of things good intentions, politically correct speech, and an appeal to baser instincts like emotion are what are important and take center stage. Doesn't matter what the outcome of actions are, no matter how disastrous. If you intended to do good then you did good even if millions died. That's how the Left does things.

The Rest Of Us don't see things that way. Actions and results are what count. Good intentions are worth the paper they're written on, so-to-speak. If your good intentions get people killed, then you go to prison not get celebrated.

So, Mrs. Trump's jacket is all but irrelevant... Unless you are an insane Progressive Leftist. Then the jacket is everything and her actions mean nothing.
                    The issue is when it comes to so called left vs right or dems vs gop is that the high leadership of the GOP is committing anti American actions and merely needs to right itself of its wrong. Guys like McCain, GWB and Bob Corker stand for what is right.

Corey Lewandowski and Mrs Trump have committed some outlandish actions. The Womp Womp Comment, and the Jacket show a disregard for civility. Those kind of clear anti American actions in most professions would be frowed upon meant with at least a punishment possibly a firing, Lewandowski was disowned by the speakers bureau for his womp womp comment in response to a Democrat bringing up the plight of a child with down syndrome.

Otoh Anarchists and the minority liberals willing to enrage in immoral behavior in what they think is helping minorities, like providing the public phone Numbers and addresses of Gov officials involved in the Trump admin is wrong..but that action is not mainstream in the Democratic party. The key for Trump in moving forward is to man up and address Melanie for her mistake, to step up as the POTUS to this jacket issue which was something never seen in our history, no first lady pulled that move. Trumps family is a part of the Gov. Trumps daughter Ivanka , son and law Jared Kushner , and wife Melania all involved in the GOP, we are all equal a round table. Mrs Trump has potenttail and just needs to right this wrong.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Interesting how you and Stonedwall Jack know so much about the inner workings of everyone's mind, especially that of the Trumps, and also Conservatives. Actually, more amusing than interesting since you both display near equal levels of cluelessness.

There's a saying about giving one enough rope to hang themselves with and Melania seems to have done that to those whom have sniped and snarked her fashion choices for so long. Like many of the MSM and the Loonie-Left, you two have seen in this event what you want to see and that exposes your core subconscious. It's clear neither of you care as much "for the children" as you do for another opportunity to distort something into an attack upon POTUS and First Lady. It's clear the message was meant to be ambiguous in order to draw out this sort of derangement and let the Left make further fools of themselves.

It's not reading minds, it's comprehending English. But, I don't expect people who communicate with an abundance of memes and emojis to have a strong grasp of the English language. Maybe you'll understand what the jacket meant once you're able to post a message that doesn't look like a 12 year old girl wrote it.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post

Grab'em by the pussy......
                        "And he could get away with it because he was rich." He was dead on. Friend of mine used to be a Presidential aide. Pols and aides and anyone with access to power always were awash in hotel keys left by women (and yes he did act on it, and yes it cost him two wives)...not a few of them journalists.

Do you really think Bill was Monica's first BJ on her way to the Oval Office?

O' course, in Britain is is "Grab 'em by their li'l John Thomases."

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

More TDS. Why the hell would she visit a rape crisis center with a "deal with it" whatever except out of your imagination? Why do you make up such nonsense just to just to prove how politically biased one can be?
                          This seems to be becoming a pattern of behaviour....
                          Last edited by Paddybhoy; 23 Jun 18, 02:30.

Comment

The issue is when it comes to so called left vs right or dems vs gop is that the high leadership of the GOP is committing anti American actions and merely needs to right itself of its wrong. Guys like McCain, GWB and Bob Corker stand for what is right.

Corey Lewandowski and Mrs Trump have committed some outlandish actions. The Womp Womp Comment, and the Jacket show a disregard for civility. Those kind of clear anti American actions in most professions would be frowed upon meant with at least a punishment possibly a firing, Lewandowski was disowned by the speakers bureau for his womp womp comment in response to a Democrat bringing up the plight of a child with down syndrome.

Otoh Anarchists and the minority liberals willing to enrage in immoral behavior in what they think is helping minorities, like providing the public phone Numbers and addresses of Gov officials involved in the Trump admin is wrong..but that action is not mainstream in the Democratic party. The key for Trump in moving forward is to man up and address Melanie for her mistake, to step up as the POTUS to this jacket issue which was something never seen in our history, no first lady pulled that move. Trumps family is a part of the Gov. Trumps daughter Ivanka , son and law Jared Kushner , and wife Melania all involved in the GOP, we are all equal a round table. Mrs Trump has potenttail and just needs to right this wrong.
                            No they don't. They don't call out the blatant racism in the Democrat party. The DNC is headed by a racist now (Thomas Perez. Their second person in that CoC was a follower of Louis Farrakhan. How much more blatantly racist can you get? There are out and out Socialists, and people who would burn the Constitution in a nanosecond in the Democrat party now.

How much more "anti-American" can you get?

Yes, Trump is an @$$. He talks smack all the time. That's nothing compared to the actions the Democrat party takes. They want racism. They want class warfare. They celebrate bigots in their party. So, before they go throwing stones they need to take a look in the mirror and recognize the monsters they themselves are.

Comment

The liberals are threatening the Trump children. Peter Fonda (whom I thought was dead) said Barron should be locked in a cage with pedophiles, and a Hollywood writer tweeted that 'they were coming for' Trump's grandchild.

I've never seen such sleazy, hate-filled, disgraceful behavior in my life.

Meanwhile Trump is working extremely hard to solve problems and build the economy, with reasonable success.

If the First Lady upset the spineless, disloyal, morally bankrupt left, then good for her.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                                A couple of years ago, whenever you were posting as Habid, Habid or whoever, you were incensed by a T-Shirt I posted, you did not think it was appropriate, I thought it was, so here we are!
                                That's a good one!
                                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X