No announcement yet.

Lewandowski on Girl With Down Syndrome Separated From Parents: "Womp Womp"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh... so the original is Wah Wah… Sort of the Archer ring tone thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
      Former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski mocked Democratic strategist Zac Petkanas on FOX News after the guest reported a 10-year-old migrant with Down syndrome was separated from her mother at the U.S.-Mexico border.

"Womp womp," Lewandowski said to the news.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...womp_womp.html

This type of language by Lewandowski would never have been accepted in the 1940s USA...not against children with disabilities. Its this type of elementary school language that does not belong in the USA. This was a poor approach by Lewandowski whom other wise has acted as a gentlemen. There was a time when our country had honor, the USA has work to do.
      The actual language that would not be accepted is calling our law enforcement Nazi's or the president Hitler...Get your priorities straight...

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post

The actual language that would not be accepted is calling our law enforcement Nazi's or the president Hitler...Get your priorities straight...
        Which has exactly nothing to do with the topic...

Comment

The parents of the children would be arrested for reckless endangerment if they were U.S. citizens.. Immigration is not a cure for what plagues Latin America. And no Latin American is not a race and no the evil U.S. multinational corporations didn't make Latin America a hell hole. Latin America was a racist, misogynistic, caste rigid, hell hole with no concept of meritocracy or free speech long before the U.S. had multinational corporations or hegemony.
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post

It might, considering the "topic" of the OP is rather muddled and mixed;
            1) OP repeats the distortion(disinformation) presented in MSM of the exchange, (strongly) implying that the "Womp. Womp." was directed towards the young girl with Downs when it was actually a jab at Petkanas.
            2) SJ then increases the distortion/disinformation by incorrectly stating that political discourse in 1940s USA was more "civil".

Collectively we see in the OP, and it's repeat of spin by the MSM, an example of what many mean when they use the term "Fake News".
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

2) SJ then increases the distortion/disinformation by incorrectly stating that political discourse in 1940s USA was more "civil".
              Good point. After my ES/HS American History classes, I thought that all the Founding Fathers were friends and buddies. It wasn't until I delved into serious history books on my own that I found out differently.

Comment

Good point. After my ES/HS American History classes, I thought that all the Founding Fathers were friends and buddies. It wasn't until I delved into serious history books on my own that I found out differently.

Just a look at the campaigning during FDR's years as POTUS would suggest things were a bit "rugged" in political discourse. Toss in this also being the era of segregation, Jim Crow Laws, etc. and I think we've improved slightly on the civility scale since then.
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

You forgot to close with "Womp! Womp!
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I see you came around !

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post

I see you came around !
                      I'm always around. And, as you can see, David Bock and I were having a nice, civilized exchange, just like we always do. We seldom agree on politics, but we are always civil to each other, since we respect each other's opinion. This country needs more of that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X