Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schumer rejects GOP proposal to address border crisis.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Obama did (also Clinton), see content and link of post #11 above.
    um you missed my point remember how Obama was sending Americans to interment camps

and I am fairly sure they did not call them interment camps

and that guys is an idiot talking head since he just repeating talking points (from either party I ignore those types.)

on his point about separating he is correct but then Obama changed the Policy after getting flack for it. See how easy that was to disprove.

and pointing to others have done is a Dem tactic not one worthy of the conservatives.

Comment

Looks like Schumer was right:

Trump to order end of immediate immigrant family separations at U.S. border
      https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1JG27Q

You have to hold these heathens accountable for their actions. You can't continue to display pure acts of evil, and then blame the democrats for taking you to task. This was the republicans doing, period, specifically Trump and with something so serious and embarrassing for the country his feet needed to be held to the fire. Don't blame Schumer for not coddling him.

Comment

They were absolutely running internment camps for children with Dear Leader's face, Mao Trump, painted all over it. And you're blaming the democrats for this?

This is one sick country if this man gets elected again.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
          Looks like Schumer was right:

[/B][/h]
          https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1JG27Q

You have to hold these heathens accountable for their actions. You can't continue to display pure acts of evil, and then blame the democrats for taking you to task. This was the republicans doing, period, specifically Trump and with something so serious and embarrassing for the country his feet needed to be held to the fire. Don't blame Schumer for not coddling him.
          From your article/link:
          " The order also would move parents with children to the front of the line for immigration proceedings but would not end a ďzero toleranceĒ policy that urges criminal prosecution of immigrants crossing the border illegally, the official said. "
          So if the parents are prosecuted and jailed, then the kids might be separated ...
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

They were absolutely running internment camps for children with Dear Leader's face, Mao Trump, painted all over it. And you're blaming the democrats for this?

This is one sick country if this man gets elected again.
            Sickness proven when Obama got elected twice!

Meanwhile, how many illegal immigrant kids coming here without their families/parents are you taking in and supporting?

Comment

Where is Obama's face painted on internment camps for children? The optics of this are absolutely horrible and run extremely akin to what's seen under dictatorships. Keep deflecting though, I don't ever expect you to accept any accountability.

Comment

Where is Obama's face painted on internment camps for children? The optics of this are absolutely horrible and run extremely akin to what's seen under dictatorships. Keep deflecting though, I don't ever expect you to accept any accountability.
                You might start with post #11 of this thread.
                Then there's this excerpt;
                Hereís the reality: Trump canít end the separation of parents at the border without violating existing law. Ironically, the separation policy began thanks to an Obama-era policy of keeping children together with parents ó and the Ninth Circuit ruled that violated the Flores agreement and was inhumane. So according to the Left, itís inhumane to keep kids with parents, and itís inhumane to separate kids from parents. Which means the only available solution is to release the parents. Of course.
                https://www.dailywire.com/news/32087...ign=modelnames

Comment

Well, Trump has made a decision, even if Congress won't act. He signed an executive order today to end the separations, but will continue to hold in custody all illegal border crossers caught until tried, convicted, and deported. So, he's ending separations, but he's still making 100% incarcerations. That will not make the Left happy, just watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Are we allowed to say "dike" these days?
                    You may. The word you're thinking of is actually "DYKE".
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                      I didn't vote for Trump, and I'm usually pretty critical of him, but on this particular issue the opposition is manifestly full of doo-doo. If a parent brought a child along on a bank robbery, would any reasonable person even suggest housing the child with the incarcerated parent? Of course not. The very notion is laughable. NYS recently enacted a law mandating that minor children found in a vehicle driven by an intoxicated parent are to be immediately taking into the state's custody. Not only is the intent to ensure the child's safety, but it's also a declaration of society's determination that criminals are not viewed as fit guardians. So are Trump's opponents viewing illegal border crossing as an okay crime, different from other crimes on the books? Sorry, but Trump's opponents' current protestations reek of political opportunism, and frankly can't be taken seriously.
                      Bod mine

Well,

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/polit...ion/index.html

Trump reverses course, signs order to keep families together

In the executive order he signed on Wednesday, Trump declared it is his administration's policy to "maintain family unity," including by detaining entire families together "where appropriate and consistent with law and available resources."
                      And no, criminals for misdemeanors are treated as fit guardians. A lot of times, they do not even go to prison. The are released and are free until the day of the trial, as I showed in another thread with Giuliani's daughter who was arrested and charged for shoplifting. In the case of illegal entry (which is a misdemeanor and perfectly understandable choice for parents who try to give their children a better life) detention centers may be the appropriate choice. As I said in my conversation with TAG just two days ago, this is the solution for handling the problem of illegal entry without ignoring the law and without separating families. Have detention centers (not prisons or jails) to keep the families together until they are deported.

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...04#post5040604
                      Last edited by pamak; 20 Jun 18, 19:56.
                      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Bullshit, they were in better conditions then the ones the left behind.
                        You seriously think these children were only exposed to danger when they were in the custody of children services?
                        they just walked across deserts and jungles and areas controlled by human traffickers and drug cartels.
                        What are the BP agents supposed to do when they find a child stuffed in the trunk of a car? It happens every day, all day, those children are at risk just getting here!
                        and that is not our fault nor is it Trumps! Itís been happening for decades and neither party has done a damn thing to stop it.
                        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                          and your point is

that not how it viewed by most of the US in this case which was the question

But keep up ensuring the dems win in 18 and 20

Your acting like the Dems post passing Obama care and enjoying being in your bubble and we see how that turned out. which was a good thing
                          I would highly contest that "most" in the US view the law that way, and how it's viewed doesn't matter, it's how it's actually written and implemented in practice.

It's also a showcase for media bias. Hyperbole abounds right now in even the MSM. Trot out some kids in cages pictures, toss out hot button terms like Internment camps and "ripped from Mother's arms" in an op-ed or 7pm roundtable and you can get people to believe the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhat View Post

I would highly contest that "most" in the US view the law that way, and how it's viewed doesn't matter, it's how it's actually written and implemented in practice.

It's also a showcase for media bias. Hyperbole abounds right now in even the MSM. Trot out some kids in cages pictures, toss out hot button terms like Internment camps and "ripped from Mother's arms" in an op-ed or 7pm roundtable and you can get people to believe the worst.
                            Only some, a lot of people still have some common sense and recognize BS when they see it, remember the 2016 Election.
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Bod mine

Well,

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/polit...ion/index.html

And no, criminals for misdemeanors are treated as fit guardians......

As I said in my conversation with TAG just two days ago, this is the solution for handling the problem of illegal entry without ignoring the law and without separating families. Have detention centers (not prisons or jails) to keep the families together until they are deported.

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...04#post5040604
                              I disagree agree with respect to their level of criminality. As I read the law, they're closer to felony status.

This, however, I can agree with in general principle. As always, the Devil's in the details and there's some pretty big ones. Coyotes, child traffickers, and the likes are a very real and well known problem. Failure to sort these types of issues out correctly from the start could prove disastrous. In an open form detention center such as in WW2, or worse like you see in Europe, things could get near barbaric. Heartless as it may sound, from a Spock like logic stance, seperating the children may be the only way to guarantee their safety since you know these real and present dangers exist in a sizeable measure. There are no absolute rights and wrongs in this problem. Or rather, a one size fits all approach doesn't apply. A thoughtful, balanced approach is required. Hysterics and hyperbole won't solve anything. You can't just turn them loose. You can't just throw them all in a nice open housing camp, you have to know who the bad guys are and you have to know pretty quickly. Europe has shown us the dangers of that. Reason must sooner or later apply,or this question will eat us alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhat View Post

they do if you look at how they want it enforce or how it enforced. But with that they do want it enforced and strictly.

you need to look at it holisticly not just through a small window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X