Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama: Worst President since WWII (Quinnipiac Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's the value of a 4 year old poll from 2014?

It's also poorly designed. The votes for worst republican are split between Nixon and GW Bush while Obama gets all the votes for worst democrat. If Nixon were off the list then GW Bush would be around 40 to Obama's 33.

Do you just fish for data that fits a preconceived notion and post it without analysis?

Comment

Originally posted by NoPref View Post
      ...So what's the value of a 4 year old poll from 2014?...
      None. Had any other former POTUS topped the Worst List, would this have even merited a citation here?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

My list is mostly working. Mostly.
        I can't even find mine on the new Site and can't find where to make up a new one.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
          That's not news to me!
          This is exactly what the conservatives participants in that poll thought and why Obama got so many votes..It is another example of the Obama Derangement syndrome which is well and alive even more than two years after Obama left the WH. It is also funny to see how much it still hurts.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Obama was bad, but Trump is the worst according to the same source:

Donald Trump is the worst of the 13 presidents who have served since the end of World War II, 41 percent of American voters say, followed by 21 percent who list Barack Obama and 10 percent who cite Richard Nixon, in a Quinnipiac University National Poll released today.
            https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=2526
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

That's not news to me!
              This poll was published in 2014, the worst now is Trump.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

This poll was published in 2014, the worst now is Trump.
                Apparently, browsing four year old articles about Obama is the proper medicine for the Obama Derangement Syndrome. But even then, it is clear that when the poll puts Nixon behind Obama, it expresses a conservative outrage which led many conservative participants to choose Obama as the right answer to the poll's question. So, this is not about progressives turning against Obama (and we have no indications to support such sentiments). It i about conservatives give a knee jerk response.
                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by NoPref View Post
                  So what's the value of a 4 year old poll from 2014?

It's also poorly designed. The votes for worst republican are split between Nixon and GW Bush while Obama gets all the votes for worst democrat. If Nixon were off the list then GW Bush would be around 40 to Obama's 33.

Do you just fish for data that fits a preconceived notion and post it without analysis?
                  Your suggestion would make it poorly designed by removing someone off the list. Did you miss the part where it says "SINCE WORLD WAR II"? By removing Nixon, that would be intentionally skewing the poll.

It was posted to show that the most current President usually gets the most votes because he will be the one on most people's minds being that the new Quinnipiac poll shows Trump as the worst. Studies have shown that these types of polls are always biased against a sitting President.

https://gai.georgetown.edu/whos-the-...innipiac-poll/
                  Last edited by Salinator; 20 Jun 18, 21:37.
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Apparently, browsing four year old articles about Obama is the proper medicine for the Obama Derangement Syndrome. But even then, it is clear that when the poll puts Nixon behind Obama, it expresses a conservative outrage which led many conservative participants to choose Obama as the right answer to the poll's question. So, this is not about progressives turning against Obama (and we have no indications to support such sentiments). It i about conservatives give a knee jerk response.
                    While I'm not entirely surprised, my own list would put the top three worst as LBJ, Obama, Carter, then as a fourth JFK and only because of his foreign policies that came within a hair's breath of nuclear war twice in his time in office. Nixon, Clinton, LBJ would be the top three, in that order for most personally vile. Nixon and Clinton were not bad as presidents, but they were utterly vile as human beings. LBJ was just crude and vulgar.

Trump doesn't hold a candle to anyone on that list in terms of either his personal habits or in terms of presidential failure. I doubt most people polled in the one listed in the OP could give you a reason for their choices like I have.

As for best: I'd say Eisenhower, then Truman, followed by Reagan.

Comment

If LBJ was crude and vulgar then this should put him on the same level with Trump. The problem with LBJ was not his language. It was his handling of Vietnam (clear lies). But he got many points for his success in ramming the Civil Rights Act down the Southern Democrats' throat, I guess it was only a powerful, crude and vulgar Democrat who could accomplish such a feat.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                        If LBJ was crude and vulgar then this should put him on the same level with Trump. The problem with LBJ was not his language. It was his handling of Vietnam (clear lies). But he got many points for his success in ramming the Civil Rights Act down the Southern Democrats' throat, I guess it was only a powerful, crude and vulgar Democrat who could accomplish such a feat.
                        Trump is a model of moderation compared to LBJ. Johnson once took a **** in front of reporters in the Rose Garden. He was profane and volatile. He awarded himself a Silver Star during WW 2 for flying around the SWPA theater for a few days doing nothing and not even being in the military.
                        Even the usually Democrat friendly Rolling Stone puts LBJ at the top of their list. Nixon thought LBJ was a vile and vulgar man.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...hnson-19691231

On his civil rights bill he told two governors

Ill have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.
                        https://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-relentless-conservative/the-democratic-partys-two_b_933995.html

LBJ was far and away the crudest, most vulgar, probably racist, and generally vile President of the post WW 2 era there was hands down. Nobody comes close.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Trump is a model of moderation compared to LBJ. Johnson once took a **** in front of reporters in the Rose Garden. He was profane and volatile. He awarded himself a Silver Star during WW 2 for flying around the SWPA theater for a few days doing nothing and not even being in the military.
                          Even the usually Democrat friendly Rolling Stone puts LBJ at the top of their list. Nixon thought LBJ was a vile and vulgar man.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...hnson-19691231

On his civil rights bill he told two governors

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-relentless-conservative/the-democratic-partys-two_b_933995.html

LBJ was far and away the crudest, most vulgar, probably racist, and generally vile President of the post WW 2 era there was hands down. Nobody comes close.

I do not doubt his quote, but at the same time do not doubt that he also knew that he would alienate the Southern Democrats. And indeed, the Blacks aligned with the Democrats while the Southern Democrats aligned with the modern Republican party which is the reason why the South became the pillar of modern conservatives.

Comment

You need to post this Nonsense to the Quinniapiac Poll and hope they havn't lost their Ignore List like this Forum has.
                            There are polls which can be construed to show Americans as being anti semitic, that the GOP as being anti Muslim...its all nonsense though. Yes there are problems in America, the few arrogant and slobbish Americans whom openly decry Muslims and other minorities...but they dont represent you or I. Those arrogant Americans whom stand by Israel, they do not represent us. Im a Christian I wont have it, I wont stand for countries that promote inequality.

No nonsense here Trung Si. Im as American as apple pie, In my line of work I deal with all stripes of people. I have been involved in social work in our country. I have provided speeches to large crowds of Muslims where I tell these Muslims of the great European men of history such as Richard the Lionheart...and these Muslims hear this and have a more positive view of European history. And get this, all these Muslims I know of abhor the intolerance of the Saudi Arabian political system. You have a massive misunderstanding of my world views friend, views that are merely in line with billions of our world. I also have a brother serving as a Captain in the US army, my older brother also served in the US army rising to the rank of Sergent.
                            Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 20 Jun 18, 20:34.
                            Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                            Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Yes, there is, and it is our right as citizens of America to do so. These people worked for us, and they did a poor job.
                              During the times of Clinton, Obama and Bush we did not have the flag issue. But now, there is a division in our country and that issue needs to be addressed. The issues that face our country today are more loud and greater compared to the issues we faced under the previous 3 POTUS.

Our factory jobs were stronger under GWB compared to the Presidencies of Obama and now Trump. Trump said he would improve the steel industry, in a few years time we better see more steelworkers in our country or else there will be an issue.

GWB is a good man, he talked about how Islam stands for peace and its AQ that is the issue..none of that nonsense about "Jihadists" or "Radical Islam" such terms forgot about the glory of Jihad and Islam and how Muslims like Christians stand for beautiful values. GWB would have celebrated King Arthur and similar stories from early Muslims. You know Muslims also have great Quranic tales just as Christians have great Bible tales.

This poll is not going to cut it. Obama is not the worst POTUS of the USA since WW2 anymore then this view that Americans believe in antisemitic conspiracy theories because a poll says, that because a poll says that most GOP are anti Muslim. Are we suppose to believe every single poll out there, no we cant do that.

Obama was twice popularly elected, Trump did not win the popular vote a rarity in US history. Obama is loved and admired by many. Brother the overt anti Obama criticism is total propaganda fed by folks trying to make money on book deals. Give Obama a chance.
                              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Even Jib Jab took a shot at the cult of obama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVFdAJRVm94
                                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X