No announcement yet.

US Space Force...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our first satellite was launched by the Army. We have and Air Force now with a space command. We have no need for a military force for space. What would be the mission? With out a clear mission then it would just be an addition to DoD personnel and an increase in an already FAT budget of DoD. We also have NASA still who has served the country well, when funded in addition we now have some private companies picking up some of the truck driving services to ISS.

We have no need for a separate Space Force.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

It's more akin to Trump's and Pence's 'space farce.'

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Similar concerns and debate back around 1945-1947 when going from USAAF to USAF.
        There's a do-over moment if ever there was one.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post

Maybe they are using Star Ship Troopers as " How to manual".......and in the mean time turn on the money machines or is Trump going to make the Martians pay for it just like Mexico,,,,,
          The martians have agreed to build a Wall. Didn't you get the memo?

Comment

The problem with NASA is that it's a monetary Black Hole.

I think you have all forgotten history. Remember how America defeated the USSR? We made them constantly strive to outspend us on defense. This is the same concept - Russia and China have no choice but to try and keep up, but it will consume hue portions of their budgets tat they cannot spare.

And I think it's also a diversion for something else, a rope-a-dope.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              The problem with NASA is that it's a monetary Black Hole.

I think you have all forgotten history. Remember how America defeated the USSR? We made them constantly strive to outspend us on defense. This is the same concept - Russia and China have no choice but to try and keep up, but it will consume hue portions of their budgets tat they cannot spare.

And I think it's also a diversion for something else, a rope-a-dope.

Remember the penny for NASA campaign? NASA gets the crumbs of the federal budget. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny4NASA
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

Remember the penny for NASA campaign? NASA gets the crumbs of the federal budget. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny4NASA
                Now it does, because we no longer care about space like we did before. But NASA consumed a monstrous budget in its day, but now we're deeply in debt and have bills to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Now it does, because we no longer care about space like we did before. But NASA consumed a monstrous budget in its day, but now we're deeply in debt and have bills to pay.
                  I think reaching out to the stars is our gr8est challenge. Do you comprehend how much wealth is contained in just one captured asteroid?

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard...mine-asteroids
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Do you comprehend how much wealth is contained in just one captured asteroid?
                    Nor do you. How do you suppose mining such a thing as it speeds through the Universe and the distance varies greatly from minute to minute. How do you plan to capture one?

Space mining is a big maybe with questionable gain as of today. Today do we even have the ability to capture one?
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Asteroid mining could shift from sci-fi dream to world-changing reality a lot faster than you think.

Planetary Resources deployed its first spacecraft from the International Space Station last month, and the Washington-based asteroid-mining company aims to launch a series of increasingly ambitious and capable probes over the next few years.

The goal is to begin transforming asteroid water into rocket fuel within a decade, and eventually to harvest valuable and useful platinum-group metals from space rocks. [Asteroid Mining: Planetary Resources' Plan in Pictures]

"We have every expectation that delivering water from asteroids and creating an in-space refueling economy is something that we'll see in the next 10 years — even in the first half of the 2020s," said Chris Lewicki, Planetary Resources president and chief engineer Chris Lewicki.

https://www.space.com/30213-asteroid...rces-2025.html
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Maybe Pence and Trump watched 'Spaceballs' and became inspired?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X