Trump wants to militarize space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Maybe - but seen from a relatively disinterested distance, your policy just flip-flops from one extreme to another with each president, while competitors like China, Arabs, Iran, Russia, EU, and ultimately even North Korea maintain a relatively stable course for decades now.
    So what you're saying is, we should be more like authoritarian/tyrannical countries?

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post
      We don't have the Democratic in Europe.
      Yeah you do, you just call them something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        I think it's an idea that has to be considered. Either China or Russia would go for it if they had the money and technology.

AS pointed out, right now NASA is largely useless; we can't even get into low orbit on our own.

But we need to learn from the failures of the Army Air Corps: we need all research going into space-borne military applications to be on the same page and moving in the same direction..
        NASA is basically useless because we've been stripping their budget. Give them the money and they can get us where we need to be.

As for the Space Force . . . I'm all for it. Turn NASA in the space force HQ, give them the money to do things right and let the start up space companies do the civilian thing.

As much as space should not be militarized, it's a pipe dream to think that it won't be. China has been ramping up their space program for years and Russia would be further along if not for the whole revolution thing.

Militarizing space is only a matter of time and we need to be first.
        Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

NASA is basically useless because we've been stripping their budget. Give them the money and they can get us where we need to be.

As for the Space Force . . . I'm all for it. Turn NASA in the space force HQ, give them the money to do things right and let the start up space companies do the civilian thing.

As much as space should not be militarized, it's a pipe dream to think that it won't be. China has been ramping up their space program for years and Russia would be further along if not for the whole revolution thing.

Militarizing space is only a matter of time and we need to be first.
          W8 You can't be logical all of a sudden. Penny for NASA? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=moa-ies4bPw
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

W8 You can't be logical all of a sudden. Penny for NASA? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=moa-ies4bPw
            As I've said often, I'm middle of the road in politics. I voted for Regan and Bush1&2. Would have voted for John except is made that shrew is VP.
            I have a many right leaning beliefs and many left leaning. You guys are so far to the ****ing right on this form that I just seem like I'm a lefty. Hell, Ronald Regan is a lefty compared to you guys. I spent 20 years in Navy Intelligence and I believe in a strong military.

As for a Space Force, I see the need and I can guess what's coming in the future. Also, we need to be in space. If a ****ing space force get's us there, then start up the space force. If they let me, i'll come out of retirement and join.

Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post

The European Union.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

As I've said often, I'm middle of the road in politics.
                No you're not...

Comment

So what you're saying is, we should be more like authoritarian/tyrannical countries ?
                  I am saying you should pick a policy that's supported by some 60-70 % of your population and stick to it.

Right now you live by the dictat of the 51%, changing course with each new president.

You're already pretty "authoritarian" in the amount of personal power your president has, you're just not consistent.

Compare to France for instance, they too have a presidential system, but in their foreign policy they manage to keep their line, despite of it.

Especially so concerning anything to with space, since 4-8 years amount to nothing there.

Originally posted by Blackhat View Post
                  (....)
                  Our country is searching for its soul again. The stage is set and the players are taking their places. If you look to a map from the election based on districts you'll see where the problem lies. A sea of red with a few bastions of blue in the few major metropolitan cities. (NYC, LA, Chicago and Seatle) This is a class struggle as much as a culture war. No end result seems certain, but status and standing internationally will not return until we sort out what kind of nation we want to be.
                  I'm inclined to agree yes.

Just in my lifetime, you've moved from being a practical ally in Germany, to the moral compass of the world, to agressively spreading democracy all over the world, to seemingly reverting to isolationism now.

And I'm not all that old

Is that the map of the Trump/Clinton presidential election, I can't seem to enlarge it ?

I've learned in the different thread though that the red areas account for only a relatively small part of the population and much of it is in fact empty land - would you agree with that assessment ?

Looking at just that map the "Blues" should never win the presidency, but I've heard it said they won popular vote even against Trump, and we know they win about 1/2 of other presidential elections,

do you think that pattern is broken now concidering the next point ?

Dunno, quite possibly a starting point for sure. You have to admit, love him or hate him, He's gotten more things done in 18 months than most anyone expected. On either side.
                  So far Trump has mostly been undoing what Obama did, if the next democrat president does likewise, you're still getting nowhere...
                  Last edited by Snowygerry; 20 Jun 18, 04:52.
                  Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Not really. By our standards Democrats are Right-wing but for you they're on the Left.
                    There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

Not really. By our standards Democrats are Right-wing but for you they're on the Left.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

No you're not...
                        Leftists never want to admit who they are...
                        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Your standards.

By my standards anything that agrees with the US Consititution, Bill Of Rights OR the New Testament - is a leftist AND a liberal.

Keep on trying
                          Last edited by Snowygerry; 20 Jun 18, 08:00.
                          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Kind of exciting--we are at the origins of Star Wars!!!
                            Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

So you don't have a "right wing" in Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

I am saying you should pick a policy that's supported by some 60-70 % of your population and stick to it.

Right now you live by the dictat of the 51%, changing course with each new president.

You're already pretty "authoritarian" in the amount of personal power your president has, you're just not consistent.

Compare to France for instance, they too have a presidential system, but in their foreign policy they manage to keep their line, despite of it.

Especially so concerning anything to with space, since 4-8 years amount to nothing there.
                                Not even close...definitely not as close as the countries you cited. If the President was "authoritarian," he wouldn't be fighting with Congress, including members of his own party, to get something done. If the President of the US was authoritarian, he could just say "We're spending X amount on NASA and that's how it's going to be." Obviously, that's not the case.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                  Robi P.
                                  by casanova
                                  The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                                  Today, 02:27
                                • casanova
                                  Beirut
                                  by casanova
                                  Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                                  Today, 00:47
                                • casanova
                                  Nuclear battleheads.
                                  by casanova
                                  A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
                                  Yesterday, 23:58
                                Working...
                                X