Inspector General Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspector General Report

Well that came out more like a fart than a explosive.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

In some ways the crimes seem pretty and blown out of proportion which could just be politics as usual. After all impeaching Clinton for lying about an affair with an intern seemed ridiculous.

It's what is ignored that is troubling. The Clinton email scandal seems more like stupidity than high treason but the pay to play scandal with Clinton as Secretary of state is treason. The Trump Russia investigation is clearly a political stunt but there is no way a New York real estate tycoon hasn't broken any laws during his career. We worry about Obama lying about you can keep your doctor and don't seem to care that he used the IRS to target political enemies.

​​​​​​​It seems that our government goes after the petty stuff to distract us from the high crimes. Everyone knows the Media lies and politicians are crooks. That the FBI under Hover spent more time blackmailing politicians than investigating the mob. I think that truth isn't a threat to democracy but is a threat to the people who think of themselves as elites but have always been seen as clowns by the population.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      Well that came out more like a fart than a explosive.
      What did? Link? Quote? Anything specific?
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

What did? Link? Quote? Anything specific?
        Here's the text of it. I just read the conclusions.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...mail-case.html
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Well, in Comey's case it demolishes his version and book on this. Comey clearly deserved to be fired. I think it also makes obliquely clear that Hillary should have been referred for prosecution over her e-mail server to the DoJ… Not that Lynch would have followed through. But that would have made it clear that Hillary was being protected by the administration and been a black eye on Obama's tenure.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Well, in Comey's case it demolishes his version and book on this. Comey clearly deserved to be fired. I think it also makes obliquely clear that Hillary should have been referred for prosecution over her e-mail server to the DoJ… Not that Lynch would have followed through. But that would have made it clear that Hillary was being protected by the administration and been a black eye on Obama's tenure.
            Is anything Bobo did not an embarrassment for him?
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

You must have read a different report. Comey was apparently insubordinate to Obama's DOJ. This actually justifies Lynch and all those who disagreed with his extraordinary decision to make public comments about Clinton's email investigations.

Page 498

As we further outline in this report, there was a troubling lack of any direct,
              substantive communication between Comey and then Attorney General Lynch in
              advance of both Comey’s July 5 press conference and his October 28 letter to
              Congress..
              and later

We found it extraordinary that, in advance of two such
              consequential decisions, the FBI Director decided that the best course of conduct
              was to not speak directly and substantively with the Attorney General about how
              best to navigate these decisions and mitigate the resulting harms, and that
              Comey’s decision resulted in the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General
              concluding that it would be counterproductive to speak directly with the FBI
              Director.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

You must have read a different report. Comey was apparently insubordinate to Obama's DOJ. This actually justifies Lynch and all those who disagreed with his extraordinary decision to make public comments about Clinton's email investigations.
                Nope. Insubordinate means he wasn't doing his job like he was supposed to. By making the decision that Hillary shouldn't be referred for prosecution when there was ample evidence that she should be, wasn't his to make. That was for the prosecutors at the DoJ to make. He should have forwarded the results of the investigation to them and let them decide whether or not to prosecute. Hence, he was insubordinate.
                It is no different than a police department finds evidence of a potential crime. The police chief decides it isn't worth submitting to the prosecutor's office. That isn't his decision to make. The prosecutor (eg., lawyers) decide whether it should be followed up on, not the police. The police's job is to find the crime and refer it for prosecution.

Lynch and the federal prosecutor's office should be the ones deciding whether Hillary was to be prosecuted or not, not the "police chief," (eg., head of the FBI). The FBI doesn't prosecute or decide on prosecution. They find the crime and arrest the criminal. In Hillary's case Comey should have referred it, but he didn't. He took on the role of prosecutor illegally and outside the scope of his duties. Hence, he was insubordinate.

Comment

Nope. Insubordinate means he wasn't doing his job like he was supposed to. By making the decision that Hillary shouldn't be referred for prosecution when there was ample evidence that she should be, wasn't his to make. That was for the prosecutors at the DoJ to make. He should have forwarded the results of the investigation to them and let them decide whether or not to prosecute. Hence, he was insubordinate.
                  It is no different than a police department finds evidence of a potential crime. The police chief decides it isn't worth submitting to the prosecutor's office. That isn't his decision to make. The prosecutor (eg., lawyers) decide whether it should be followed up on, not the police. The police's job is to find the crime and refer it for prosecution.

Lynch and the federal prosecutor's office should be the ones deciding whether Hillary was to be prosecuted or not, not the "police chief," (eg., head of the FBI). The FBI doesn't prosecute or decide on prosecution. They find the crime and arrest the criminal. In Hillary's case Comey should have referred it, but he didn't. He took on the role of prosecutor illegally and outside the scope of his duties. Hence, he was insubordinate.
                  I gave you the quotes from the report which describe the nature of insubordination as an act that undermining Lynched and Obama's DOJ oversight. In response, you just gave me YOUR unsupported opinion regarding what insubordination means.
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

I gave you the quotes from the report which describe the nature of insubordination as an act that undermining Lynched and Obama's DOJ oversight. In response, you just gave me YOUR unsupported opinion regarding what insubordination means.
                    Insubordination is a MILITARY TERM, it means not to obey a lawful order, and that is all it means, all non Military Posters butt out!
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                      Insubordination is a MILITARY TERM, it means not to obey a lawful order, and that is all it means, all non Military Posters butt out!
                      But the implications of insubordination can be wildly different even in the military. One can be executed for insubordination while other times his insubordination may be the reason for a military award. So, this is not just about the word, it is about the implications, and in the case of the FBI, it is about the political implications since it is obvious that the insubordination described in the IG report actually justifies Lynch and Obama's DOJ.
                      Last edited by pamak; 14 Jun 18, 21:44.

Comment

But the implications of an insubordination can be wildly different even in the military. One can be executed for insubordination while other times his insubordination may be the reason for a military award. So, this is not just about the word, it is about the implications, and in the case of the FBI, it is about the political implications since it is obvious that the insubordination described in the IG report actually justify Lynch and Obama's DOJ position.
                        And do you really take this report meant to restore the faith of the American people in the Feds as gospel? I so have a gold mine for sale. Pm me for details...

Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Of course not! I am not naive. The report could only restore faith if it concluded that Comey was Clinton's minion and that the latter had to be prosecuted. As long as it did not fit the narrative of "lock her up" it goes without saying that the report will be seen as another example of federal abuse and the IG will join Mueller, Comey, and basically every other person who does not bend the knee to people's beliefs.

Comment

Just send me $19.99 and I'll include how to be a priest of Bob Dobbs. copy-right infringement intended, just for the yucks....
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

But the implications of insubordination can be wildly different even in the military. One can be executed for insubordination while other times his insubordination may be the reason for a military award. So, this is not just about the word, it is about the implications, and in the case of the FBI, it is about the political implications since it is obvious that the insubordination described in the IG report actually justifies Lynch and Obama's DOJ.
                              You obviously have not been in the Military,, it is strictly a Military Term. End of Story
                              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X